Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,271 members, 7,815,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today (69589 Views)

10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage / Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour / A Divorced Single Mother's Dairy - A Bitter Lesson Shared To Save Marriages! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today by Magnoliaa(f): 9:49am On Feb 28, 2020
Femsyn:
To buttress the OP's views...

I read this story and i laughed... i laughed hard because marriage is complex and is often more that what meets the eye.

Do you know the couple's story? They alone, know why they act in the manner they do. Look! how a woman or wife react in marriage is borne more of the input of the husband. What you see is what you get.

Let me ask you a question? Do you think the woman would've reacted the same way, if the man is often of the habit of squandering family cash on irrelevant things, stays away from the house with girlfriends, ignores the wife, does not carry the wife along in major decisions and does not take care of the home?

Young men, don't read hastily. The man the OP depicted up there is a responsible man. Most women align with their husbands easily, when the man is doing the needful.

The man has done enough for the reward you saw for few moments. Men, that reward doesn't come automatically. You work for it!!!

My response is not for the OP, because s/he has done justice with the points given thereafter. My response is for men who might read hastily, and assume the wife's behaviour is follow-come.

�❤️�❤️�
Re: What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today by Hatrik(m): 4:10pm On Feb 28, 2020
dumra:
When 1 learns to fear and love God, then u can lo r your fellow Human beings. Same applies to marriages.

When you think you love God first is pure hypocrisy......You love men first you have seen before God not the other way round.
Re: What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today by Mizwisdom(f): 3:41pm On Feb 29, 2020
Onojanson:
My wife give total control over her salary. Together we decide how to spend it. The only time we had issue over money is when i stupidly lend out the money we kept for something to one of my friends and the Idiot refuse to pay.

Your wife works and gives you total control of her salary? this sounds like a Master, Servant relationship to me
Re: What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 01, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

This same toxic marriages lasted long with less acrimonies than today's marriage with so much turbulence... Look sometimes I think we are over sensitive in this generation. Over civilization sometimes is bad.. There is something our fore fathers got right that we are not getting right
A toxic marriage is like drinking poison during and coming back again. It is slow torture both emotionally and mentally. Over civilisation is good marriage is not by force once it becomes toxic it should be neutralised simple. Our fore fathers did not get anything right they beat their wives and made them become their slaves.
Re: What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today by babyfaceafrica: 11:20am On Mar 01, 2020
Ausrichie:

A toxic marriage is like drinking poison during and coming back again. It is slow torture both emotionally and mentally. Over civilisation is good marriage is not by force once it becomes toxic it should be neutralised simple. Our fore fathers did not get anything right they beat their wives and made them become their slaves.

fore fathers did not get anything right they beat their wives and made them become their slaves.

My fore fathers didn't beat their wives though, they were firm and decisive.. And their wives respected them 100%
Re: What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today by dumra: 4:05pm On Mar 01, 2020
OyinO:
When our forefathers were not going to churches and fearing Gods. marriages used to last a lifetime. How come in a generation of Godfearing spouses, divorce, naggging, stabbing, cheating, side-chicken, hatred, disrespect and retarliation has taken over marriages between so-called Godfearing pretenders?

They knew God. Do u think it's today all this religious stuff started? No
It's all spelt out in the Bible
Our forefathers knew there was a divine supernatural being that controls d affairs of man.
Remember d Bible says in the end times men shall be lovers of themselves......

God is God.
Re: What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today by IamPlato(m): 8:56am On Mar 05, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

It's really so pathetic, dear. It usually about them. It's always them wanting to be at the receiving end. I think if we channel that energy of propriety and superiority that we try to exert in our relationships into just making each other happy without guilt, doubt and thinking what the next person thinks or says, we'll begin to understand each other better.

I've just come to realize that, these days, no one truly loves the other. They're only there for what they can sap and get from the other. I wish I can get another word for PATHETIC. If you're really lucky to find someone who loves you unconditionally without all these self-centredness and useless standards, just hold him tight. True love died a long time ago.
so You Included, you Just There For The Benefits Not Love.
Re: What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today by OyinO: 8:58pm On Mar 28, 2020
dumra:

They knew God. Do u think it's today all this religious stuff started? No
It's all spelt out in the Bible
Our forefathers knew there was a divine supernatural being that controls d affairs of man.
Remember d Bible says in the end times men shall be lovers of themselves......

God is God.

Bible is all about some Jews or Hebrew people, don't use it to generalize things concerning other people whose history don't appear in the bible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wife Throws Her Nigerian Husband Stuffs Out Of His Own Home (pic/vid) / I Called My Friend Gay For Uploading This Pic, Got This Funny Reply From His Mum / I Am Having Issues With My Brother’s Wife And Her Two Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.