Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 (4113 Views)

Who Is The Greatest Nigerian Of All Time? / Greatest Nigerian Of The Past 50 Years / Nigerian of the Year 2005 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by doja(m): 7:19pm On Dec 18, 2010
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by Ess: 10:10pm On Dec 18, 2010
kafanchan:

Is that the function of a CBN governor? That aside, I think Nigerian of the year should be somebody that did something that impacted positively in the life of Nigerians, not somebody that gained cheap popularity by telling us what we already know (even decieved us by inflating the percentage).

SUNUSI LAMIDO SUNUSI!

So the banking sector doesnt affect human beings huh?!

Go hang yourself, Hater! angry
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by redsun(m): 10:25pm On Dec 18, 2010
My person of the year in nigeria is Aisha2 of nairaland for her selfless and charitable efforts in helping the very down trodden.And as well as all the good soldiers like her out there that genuinely cares for others.

In the midst of that chaos.some people still selflessly care,it is a noble act.
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by Osama10(m): 10:27pm On Dec 18, 2010
goggs:

Osisikankwu.

Hope I got the spelling right. Y'all get it.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 18, 2010
IBB ===> He sure stood out, in a negative way.
Never met a Nigerian man so pathetic. . . .making useless promises left and right. Got chased out of SW by area boys. I loff that.
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by eldee(m): 10:41pm On Dec 18, 2010
GEJ

Just for finally connecting with the young people of Nigeria, not by using them as political thugs just listening to what they have to say. He might be weak politically, but he's still a breath of fresh air, even if it's only a gasp.
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by Vindy: 11:06pm On Dec 18, 2010
Give it up to the most unassuming president in the universe GEJ.
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by ajetii(m): 11:16pm On Dec 18, 2010
Raji Fashola, shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by AkinEgba: 11:22pm On Dec 18, 2010
Jonathan
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by strangerf: 12:02am On Dec 19, 2010
Ndi Igbo for making another monumental political miscalculation

Again, putting selfish interest before collective interest
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by akwaowoudo(m): 5:43am On Dec 19, 2010
Nice post!

In Politics: President Goodluck Jonathan _ piloting Nigeria "a distressed flight" safely.

In Business: Mallam Lamido Sanusi _ role in banking reforms.

In Innovation: Dr. Ernest Ndukwe _positive roles he played at Nigeria Communication Commission.

In Community Service: Prof. Dora Akunyili _role in her NEC memo & the rebrand Nigeria project.
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by McCoy91(m): 7:05am On Dec 19, 2010
Tuface Idibia
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by EzeCanada: 7:06am On Dec 19, 2010
Dora Akunyili
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by Blazing99: 7:50am On Dec 19, 2010
eldee:

GEJ

Just for finally connecting with the young people of Nigeria, not by using them as political thugs just listening to what they have to say. He might be weak politically, but he's still a breath of fresh air, even if it's only a gasp.

GEJ, I strongly disagree, how can u vote a man "best Nigerian" based on luck rather than works?
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by kcjazz(m): 7:52am On Dec 19, 2010
My Nigerian of the year!

The Nigerian voters, never in the history of this country have I seen so much awareness and action for a change to come to this country. From the young to the old. Lets hope 2011 elections will be a start of better things.

Also worthy of mention Pastor Tunde Bakare for mobilizing SNG
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by djcrucifix(m): 7:54am On Dec 19, 2010
my fav Nig of 2010 has gast ta be, o! i don't have any!
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 19, 2010
FAYEMI. . . . For his excellent approach in discovering justice. The man that gave us the faith in hoping for a democracy in Nigeria. A man so calm, so educated, so patient and so brilliant.
The people's main man. . . . the yoke in Ekiti's egg.

God bless you daddy Fayemi kiss
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by kafanchan: 8:10am On Dec 19, 2010
Ess:

SUNUSI LAMIDO SUNUSI!

So the banking sector doesnt affect human beings huh?!

Go hang yourself, Hater! angry

I am not saying that banking sector does not affect human beings, I am saying how has banking sector affected human being in Nigeria this year.
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by kafanchan: 8:17am On Dec 19, 2010
In my own little idea:

G E J - he gave me hope that we still a politician that has feelings and listens to his people
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by Agbalanze(m): 10:22am On Dec 19, 2010
GEJ all d way!
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by SHOGUN13(m): 11:20am On Dec 19, 2010
tunde bakare!
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by wazobiang: 12:41pm On Dec 19, 2010
i choose 3 people
me, myself and i

thatschit!
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by Ikeobinna(m): 2:28pm On Dec 19, 2010
Lamido sanusi
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by mrofficial(m): 3:19pm On Dec 19, 2010
GEJ --> The luck is for himself, not for Nigerians.
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by ifyegede(m): 6:05pm On Dec 19, 2010
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi for having the courage to tell our legislooters that they are a big drain on our economy.
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by oduz: 6:32pm On Dec 19, 2010
Mr Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola
From his status as the most HAUNTED opposition leader in Nigeria, he fought the battle of his life to emerge the most magnanimous Nigerian in victory & by the end of this wk he is offering 20,000 jobs to unemployed youths in 1wk,   cool
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by Doluseun(m): 7:43pm On Dec 19, 2010
Lamido sanusi;if u like hate him n if u like love.but i still hold him in high esteem,he speaks most pple guts atleast.
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by opabukun(m): 8:29pm On Dec 19, 2010
ifyegede:

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi for having the courage to tell our legislooters that they are a big drain on our economy.
I GO WIT U grin

kcjazz:

My Nigerian of the year!

The Nigerian voters, never in the history of this country have I seen so much awareness and action for a change to come to this country. From the young to the old. Lets hope 2011 elections will be a start of better things.

Also worthy of mention Pastor Tunde Bakare for mobilizing SNG
grin grin grin
ajetii link=topic=570452.msg7364104#msg7364104 date=1292710577:

Raji Fashola, shocked shocked shocked
Zap.D UP WT DA HOUSE CAR OF A THING tongue cry kiss
I CANT BE AN IDIOT PICKING IDIOT LK AKALA. BIRDS OF A FEATHER, cool shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by femoric9: 8:33pm On Dec 19, 2010
I'M SO SORRY I WON'T GIVE IT TO GEJ because I STILL CAN'T TRUST HIM,1,) FOR HE SAW EVRYTIN HAPPENING IN OGUN UNDER HIS PARTY & HE VISITED D PLACE WITOUT ANY COMMENT,2,)HE WAS CHALLENGED OVER D #50BILLION ALLOCATED FOR D GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATION YET HE WENT AHEAD WITH D WASTAGE,3,)HE WAS PART OF D MACHINERY WHO DID D DO OR DIE RERUN IN EKITI AS CONFESSED BY D REC DURING D RERUN DAT GEJ BIN D VICE PRESIDENT THEN WAS D 1 PRESSURISING HER,I BELIEVE GEJ IS ONLY TRYING TO BE GOOD NOW TO FIND FAVOUR IN FRONT OF NIGERIANS FOR D ELECTION,AND FOR SANUSI,D BANKING SECTOR REFORM HAS NOT AFFECTED US POSITIVELY BUT NEGATIVELY,WORKERS WERE SACKED,STOCK FALLS FINISHING SOME FAMILIES INVESTMENT,NOW BANK INTEREST ON LEND OUT FUND HAS INCREASED WHY SAVED FUND REDUCED,
LET US BE CANDID AND FACTUAL HERE,,,WHEN WE TALK ABOUT D MAN OF D YEAR FOR A COUNTRY,WE MEAN ONE MAN THAT HAS CONTRIBUTED TO D PROGRESS OF D COUNTRY AN UNIMAGINABLE FASHION,NOT AN INFAMOUS MAN,,,
MY MAN OF D YEAR WILL SIMPLY GO TO D CRUSADER OF CHANGE,DEFENDER OF DEMOCRACY,D APOSTLE OF ANTI-DO OR DIE,D JOGUNOMI OF YORUBA KINGDOM,D CAPTAIN OF D MAN OF LAW,D LIBERATOR OF D SOUTHWEST,D MAN WHO FOUGHT D LATEST EKITI KIRIJI WAR AT D ELECTION TRIBUNAL,D NEW OGEDENGBE AGBOGUNGBORO OF IJESALAND WHO LIBERATED D OSUN PEOPLE AT D ELECTION TRIBUNAL FROM D ANTI PEOPLE PDP GOVERNMENT,D CHIEF CRUSADER AGAINST PEOPLES DESTRUCTION PARTY,D MAN WHO STOOD BETWEEN NIGERIA & PDP DREAM OF A 1 PARTY STATE,,,
NO MAN BUT 'ARE ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU'
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by lilacberry: 8:37pm On Dec 19, 2010
@ Kafanchan,

You're probably right. The man of the year should be someone who has positively touched the lives of Nigerians. But there was something very fascinating and honourable about a Nigerian who would stand his ground for what he believes to be the truth in the face of such opposition and the possible loss of a high profile Job.

If we had many more men like this who do not think that political office is such a do or die affair, then I am certain our country will be a better place!
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by ikkkkk: 10:41pm On Dec 19, 2010
GEJ, closely followed by Fashola. these are the only two i can think of right now.
Re: Nairaland: Nigerian Of The Year 2010 by DRANOEL(m): 11:12pm On Dec 19, 2010
that's easy sanusi lamido

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekwueme Joins PDP Bot Chairmanship Race / UN To Support FG In 2015 Elections / 5 Reasons Why The US Is Hostile To Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.