Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Bollywood And Nollywood Collide In A Tale Of A Big Fat Indian-nigerian Wedding - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Bollywood And Nollywood Collide In A Tale Of A Big Fat Indian-nigerian Wedding (1061 Views)

Download Free Quality Movies, Series, Anime, Nollywood & Bollywood And K-drama / Download Your Nollywood, Bollywood And Hollywood Movies And TV Show / Throwback: Your Favorite Bollywood Songs (Videos/Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bollywood And Nollywood Collide In A Tale Of A Big Fat Indian-nigerian Wedding by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:44am On Feb 25, 2020
Its been a LONG time coming!
Two of the world's biggest movie industries, Bollywood and Nollywood have joined forces to produce a new movie about an inter-cultural love story.
Titled 'Namaste Wahala' it is directed by businesswoman-turned-filmmaker, Hamisha Daryani Ahuja, who weaves a tale across two diverse and rich cultures -- India and Nigeria.

'Namaste Wahala' loosely translates to 'Hello trouble' and it is filmed in a mix of Hindu and Nigeria's pidgin language.
Ahuja has lived in Nigeria since she was a child and says her experience living in Africa's most populous country inspired her to make her debut film.

Now in her 30s, Ahuja says she decided to fuse her experiences from both cultures to create a love story that people can relate to.

The movie will be released in April and features top movie stars from both countries including veteran Nollywood actress Joke Silva, Richard Mofe Damijo and Segal Sujata, Ini-Dima Okojie and Ruslaan Mumtaz.

Culled: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/24/africa/nollywood-and-bollywood-namaste-wahala/index.html

2 Likes

Re: Bollywood And Nollywood Collide In A Tale Of A Big Fat Indian-nigerian Wedding by kingthreat(m): 7:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
What I know is that an Indian man can never marry a Nigerian woman. They are more than the Chinese here but will never marry from here. They rather use Nigerian girls for their sexual urge. This movie would be just for drama on a subject that is very unrealistic.
Re: Bollywood And Nollywood Collide In A Tale Of A Big Fat Indian-nigerian Wedding by LarrySun(m): 10:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
kingthreat:
What I know is that an Indian man can never marry a Nigerian woman. They are more than the Chinese here but will never marry from here. They rather use Nigerian girls for their sexual urge. This movie would be just for drama on a subject that is very unrealistic.
Well, with all due respect, I beg to disagree with you. We're now in a world that accommodates diversity. People from the most unlikeliest races, backgrounds, beliefs and cultures are getting married.

I've seen a Nigerian and a Chinese get married. I'm sure that a Nigerian and an Indian are somewhere raising a family.

Love wins over race.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bollywood And Nollywood Collide In A Tale Of A Big Fat Indian-nigerian Wedding by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:27am On Feb 26, 2020
This will be interestingly interesting.

We will be looking out to this in April.

We only hope the musical interlude with both culture won't be more than require.

Btw, who knows how long the whole movie length is?
(Hope it won't be more than 3 hours?)

This is a beautiful one.
Love always win!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bollywood And Nollywood Collide In A Tale Of A Big Fat Indian-nigerian Wedding by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:29am On Feb 26, 2020
The movie will be released in April and features top movie stars from both countries including veteran Nollywood actress Joke Silva, Richard Mofe Damijo and Segal Sujata, Ini-Dima Okojie and Ruslaan Mumtaz.

Dem agba awos!
Veterans dem.

#RESPECT

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bollywood And Nollywood Collide In A Tale Of A Big Fat Indian-nigerian Wedding by kingthreat(m): 5:54am On Feb 26, 2020
LarrySun:
Well, with all due respect, I beg to disagree with you. We're now in a world that accommodates diversity. People from the most unlikeliest races, backgrounds, beliefs and cultures are getting married.

I've seen a Nigerian and a Chinese get married. I'm sure that a Nigerian and an Indian are somewhere raising a family.

Love wins over race.

Oga be real. Have you worked with Indians before? If you have you will understand. If you havent and neither dealt with them personally, then I leave you to your opinion.

1 Like

Re: Bollywood And Nollywood Collide In A Tale Of A Big Fat Indian-nigerian Wedding by Itsme0I: 7:52am On Feb 26, 2020
[s]
post=86961387:
This will be interestingly interesting.

We only hope the musical interlude with both culture won't be more than require.

This is a beautiful one.
Love always win!
[/s]
Re: Bollywood And Nollywood Collide In A Tale Of A Big Fat Indian-nigerian Wedding by Itsme0I: 7:58am On Feb 26, 2020
[s]
post=86961400:

Dem agba awos!
Veterans dem.

#RESPECT
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Bollywood And Nollywood Collide In A Tale Of A Big Fat Indian-nigerian Wedding by LadySarah: 9:02pm On Feb 26, 2020
LarrySun:

Love wins over race.

My Hod an igbo man from IMO State married an Indian. She taught us Gst 103.very curvy woman with long hair. They have 3 children of which one was a level mate.Go to FUTO and ask of her in English dept

My neighbor downstairs, an Indian expatriate is married to an edo woman. They had a new baby girl a yr ago by name"priya".
The Indian community graced their naming ceremony in full.
For security reasons I would have posted their pics

4 Likes

Re: Bollywood And Nollywood Collide In A Tale Of A Big Fat Indian-nigerian Wedding by BABANGBALI: 10:44am On Jun 01, 2020
post=86961387:
[s]This will be interestingly interesting.

This is a beautiful one.
Love always win![/s]
supersonic trash from the pit of hell

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why DSTV Cannot Give You Pay Per View. / Cool Commercials & Faulty Commercials / Real World Denver On Vh1: What Do U Guys Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.