Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,555 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Are You Afraid Of Death? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Afraid Of Death? (316 Views)

How Sex Can Be A Sweet Trap Of Death / Who Is Afraid Of Daddy Freeze? By Femi Aribisala / World Ends Sept.23.... Are You Afraid Of Anytin?? (PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Afraid Of Death? by rolly44: 11:13am On Feb 25, 2020
Are you afraid of death? Dont worry, when you die, you wont even know that you have died alread, no memory, no feellings, no contemplations, no,no not one, the only people that will feel they actually died at that point are those who will ressurret at the last day, this can be billions,trillions,zillions of years from now, but no matter how long it will be, when you wake up it is as if you sleept last nigth and wake up this morning. The question is, are you prepare to be resurreted? Only in righteuosness u can be resurreted through christ jesus, a sinner cannot be resurreted. Check yourself else you are going to die and wast away.
Re: Are You Afraid Of Death? by Eviana(f): 9:53pm On Feb 25, 2020
Truthfully told, I used to be quite afraid of death..
How, when, and where were my questions?

See I was looking through a carnal mind-set..my faith had weakened tremendously.
I did a Peter move...and lost my hold on Jesus for a time.

While death is the result of a sin-ravaged world, and is a very tragic and distressing event for anyone who's experienced it (via loved ones, friends, people of high influence etc.), it should not paralyze the Christian who has a rock-solid faith and belief in Jesus' death & resurrection.
The person who wholeheartedly believes in God's Word..His promise to those whose faith relies solely on Him...regardless of how or when death may come.

I marvel at the disciples of Jesus, such as Peter who found himself unworthy to be crucified in the same position as Jesus but rather opted to be crucified upside-down.
Or the early reformers such as John Wesley, and the remarkably courageous Martin Luther.
Or John Huss who was singing as he was being burned alive
Or perhaps the millions of Christians tortured and killed through such heinous means (ex. ripped to shreds by starving lions, or boiled alive etc.) during the Dark Ages.
Or the Christians of today (all over the world...including there in Nigeria) who would rather be in captivity or suffer death than deny their Lord and Saviour...
Mercy....
They have my utmost admiration and respect...

There is no question about the above people's faith & trust in God...even until death.
Do I fear death?
Not anymore (and by His grace)..and I say that because of the continual command to "Fear Not", which is reportedly said to be written 365 times in the Bible.
Why should I fear, if my anchor is held onto God's unchanging ship....

2 Timothy 1:7-8 (KJV)

7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

Isaiah 41:10 KJV

Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Psalm 27 (KJV)

27 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Revelation 2:10 (KJV)

10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

1 Like

Re: Are You Afraid Of Death? by rolly44: 11:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
Yes, that is for those who really understand what the christain faith is, not those who pronounce it without knowing it essence, when you fix your eyes on the kingdom of God nothing can move you not even death.

1 Like

Re: Are You Afraid Of Death? by sonmvayina(m): 11:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
Look and pass... Nothing of interest so far
Re: Are You Afraid Of Death? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:03am On Feb 26, 2020
Eviana:

While death is the result of a sin-ravaged world,

SIN-RAVAGED WORLD, AS IN HOW?

ASSUMING GOD IS THE CREATOR, DO YOU THINK LIONS AND SHARKS (LET'S NOT INCLUDE DINOSAURS) WERE BUILT TO EAT GRASS?

IS EVERYTHING NOT THE ALL-KNOWING GOD'S PERFECT PLAN? INCLUDING IGNORANT EVE EATING THE DAMN FRUIT?

1 Like

Re: Are You Afraid Of Death? by rolly44: 9:25am On Feb 26, 2020
Man was given a free will to be moreless like God, animals ar determined and configured to follow their instinct, humans ar rational beigns, man fall out of the initial plan of God and was thrown into the world because of sin, throug sin death enters into the world,

1 Like

Re: Are You Afraid Of Death? by Eviana(f): 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

SIN-RAVAGED WORLD, AS IN HOW?

ASSUMING GOD IS THE CREATOR, DO YOU THINK LIONS AND SHARKS (LET'S NOT INCLUDE DINOSAURS) WERE BUILT TO EAT GRASS?

IS EVERYTHING NOT THE ALL-KNOWING GOD'S PERFECT PLAN? INCLUDING IGNORANT EVE EATING THE DAMN FRUIT?

Thank you for the question.
"Sin-ravaged" as in the perfect world becoming engrossed in sin after Lucifer's choice of rebellion, subsequent ejection from Heaven to earth (specifically the Garden of Eden), temptation to sin offered to Eve, and Eve's acceptance of his offer and effectual disobedience to God.
[b]Isaiah 14:12-15 (KJV)
Genesis 1 Entire Chapter (KJV)
Genesis 2 Entire Chapter (KJV)
Genesis 3 Entire Chapter (KJV)

Ever since then, sir, this world...planet Earth...has been ravaged by sin.
That would include humans, nature, and animals.
I believe that lions, sharks, or any predatory carnivorous animal were NOT originally designed to eat meat...each other.
That would mean "before" sin entered the earth through Adam's and Eve's disobedience.

Romans 6:23 (KJV)

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord

If death equates to a life being taken....regardless of who or what does it, then an animal killing and eating another animal (taking its life) is the effect of sin.
Their natures were changed from calm and docile to aggressive, violent and predatory.
Isaiah 11:1-9 (KJV) explains the state in which predatory animals and their prey will co-exist in the New Jerusalem...when all is said and done and He has returned via His 2nd coming.
Isaiah is referring to Revelation 21: 1-27 (KJV).

Yep, God is ominiscient....knew everything that would happen, is happening and will happen.
He knew Lucifer would develop iniquity in his heart...although perfectly created. That is called the "mystery of iniquity".
He knew Eve would be deceived and choose to eat the fruit...
He knew Adam would follow his wife and eat the fruit although he was not deceived.
As the poster stated earlier to you....it is called FREE WILL...the right to choose what one wants to do. God gave the couple a choice....although He commanded them not to do a particular thing.
God developed a "plan of salvation"--Jesus Christ as Redeemer through His death and resurrection--to still be able to reconcile man to Him once again and eternally...in spite of the fact that damage(sin) had been committed and sin was now on earth.

Sir, I hope you can prayerfully receive this.
I sense your rage through your words (you even write in red) and hope that one day you will humble yourself, repent and surrender to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel. You will not regret it.

(1) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele Defy Lagos Govt. Directives To Prevent The Spread Of Corona Vir / NEWS Coronavirus: Adeboye Sends Strong Message To Buhari Government / Covid Case Healed By Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.