Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

14 Heartbreaking Problems Faced By Students Who Do Not Acquire Skills Or Invest - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 14 Heartbreaking Problems Faced By Students Who Do Not Acquire Skills Or Invest (375 Views)

Driving Skills Or Digital Skills Which Should I Go For? / Top 7 Skills You Should Acquire In 2020 / Skills Or Monthly Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Heartbreaking Problems Faced By Students Who Do Not Acquire Skills Or Invest by imaima25(f): 1:25pm On Feb 25, 2020
14 heartbreaking problems faced by students who do not acquire skills or invest in businesses while in school.

I stated earlier that I am opposing the idea whereby students go through school without acquiring skills and investing in businesses while in school.
Students who somehow refused to learn skills while in school but only waited for white collar jobs and those who turn down opportunities that would have helped them secure a better job or create job for others do face a great number of challenges.

In this post, I'll quickly list some of such challenges
Let's see.

1. Unemployment after graduation
This thing called unemployment is a serious battle for most countries including Nigeria. This is why in The Empowered Team, we've come together to try in our own way to reduce unemployment among graduates by encouraging skills acquisition training and bringing to team members different opportunities that can bring financial empowerment.
2. Lack of work experience
This a serious one too. You know companies will always ask for work experience so one of the ways to build this experience is acquiring skills in different areas.
3. Dependency on parents/government.
Yes o, hmmm, this one is a serious talk o, when we talk about skills acquisition and investment among students some of them pay deaf ears simply because they are receiving pocket money constantly from their parents and relatives. Okay, what they fail to understand is that there will come a time when the pocket money will not be available again. Some depend on government to provide employment for them. Well, the level of unemployment is increasing by the day so there is always need to plan ahead.
4. Job unavailability.
Submitting CV here and there until you're tired and frustrated. You can do something now to avoid this.
5. Underemployment.
A graduate of business administration working as a secretary in a school and earning far less than he or she is qualified for. You can avoid this.
6. Competition for little available job
9000 people applying for a job that has vacancy for just 300 people.
You see that?
7. Lack of self development.
Lack of exposure which would have widen your understanding and help you develop yourself.
8. Lower living standard
Little salary will result in low standard of living.
9. Poor living standard
This makes some graduates go into menial jobs. A first class student working for a driver as a bus conductor, ha! Don't take opportunities offered in The Empowered Team for granted.
10. Societal crisis
Too much frustration and depression, suicide and other societal problems.
11. Bad economy
Entrepreneurs contribute to the growth of an economy so take action, join The Empowered Team let's do this together.
12. Poor education
Students who have taken advantage of financial and empowerment opportunities can afford textbooks and materials that will help them perform better academically
13. Increase in illiteracy level
The skills you learn, stay with you for a live time and adds more knowledge to you as well as widening your understanding.
14. Psychological disatisfaction
Last last school na scam! Right?
Well, this will not be true if you acquire skills while going to school so that you can establish your own business and be proud of yourself.
I have a lot to write about on this but let me stop here. A word is enough for the wise.
There are legit opportunities both online and offline. This is one of such
here,
https:///2TaJ0IV
And,
Join The Empowered Team's WhatsApp group for more.

1 Like

Re: 14 Heartbreaking Problems Faced By Students Who Do Not Acquire Skills Or Invest by TradeCorner: 1:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
Content Writing is Cool

Op I feel you should call the attention of mods like Lalasticlala Crazyman 1forall and Mynd44 so they can move thie interesting thread to Front Page

Dominique Lalasticlala I feel this thread should be moved to front page. To motivate youngsters to getting it right early in life

Please move this thread to front page
Re: 14 Heartbreaking Problems Faced By Students Who Do Not Acquire Skills Or Invest by Stephenomozzy(m): 1:47pm On Feb 25, 2020
This is a wonderful piece.

It's high time people are re-educated to realize that with our population, the possibility of government providing jobs for everyone is slimmer with every graduating year.

That's to say, there are more people than there are "jobs" available to accommodate everyone (this is a global fact)... And skill acquisition is the way forward! Getting certain skills do not hinder your getting a "school education" but it sure puts you on a more competitive edge than your peers.

1 Like

Re: 14 Heartbreaking Problems Faced By Students Who Do Not Acquire Skills Or Invest by imaima25(f): 3:53pm On Feb 25, 2020
TradeCorner:
Content Writing is Cool

Op I feel you should call the attention of mods like Lalasticlala Crazyman 1forall and Mynd44 so they can move thie interesting thread to Front Page

Thank you but I don't know how to contact those people.
Re: 14 Heartbreaking Problems Faced By Students Who Do Not Acquire Skills Or Invest by kunlealao(m): 12:11am On Feb 26, 2020
Drop the WhatsApp link

(1) (Reply)

Ambestbarnax Enterprises / . / If U Notice These 12signs In Your Life Then, U Will Be Rich And Successful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.