Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,730 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

CISSP Training In Port Harcourt - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / CISSP Training In Port Harcourt (417 Views)

CISSP Training In Abuja / CISSP Training In Port Harcourt / CISSP Training In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CISSP Training In Port Harcourt by Timexbest: 4:11am On Feb 26, 2020
the way most people take it - I knew just enough to pass the exam, but I was asked to memorize facts, bits and pieces because I did not fully understand them. It was very disappointing. My goal has never been to get as many certifications following my name as possible. In fact, my personal belief is when I see somebody list 10 certification credentials beside their name in an electronic mail, on a business card, or resume - the person may have an ego issue that makes the individual to show off and brag about their credentials. So this individual may be great at taking tests, but I have yet to run into a situation in real life where responding Yes Or No was required to get a job done.

At the time that I took my CISSP exam, study guides were non-existent, no books, and no websites for the CISSP exam. (ISC)2 was the sole body who provided training for CISSP. It was like four days a week for two consecutive weeks at that time. The first week I could tell that my instructors did not really have a clear understanding of the topics that they were teaching. I even asked one of the instructors a query on Kerberos and instead of discussing the answer to me, he said, "You are not required to understand that for the test." I was very shock. I could tell not only did he not know the answer, but his main pre-occupation was to help people memorize things that were going to be on the exam. After getting similar responses to a few more questions, I just controlled myself to stop asking. On the third day out of the eight days of class, I decided not to attend anymore. We were discussing a ton of subjects at breakneck speed that I did not know and spending more time in the class meant that I would just sit through more lectures and learn nothing and grow more impatient.

Just would like to note that the two (ISC)2 instructors that taught the class I was in have always touted over the years that "Shon Harris was their student" and (ISC)2 sales people say the same thing today to fill more seats in their class. I have heard about these comments for several years now. What the instructors from (ISC)2 and sales people do not mention to their customers is that I quit the class because it was useless.

So after passing the CISSP exam and still not really understanding much about the varied topics, I thought that someone has to write a book on it. So I did. The first book I ever published was close to 1,000 pages long. I was a masochist.

There is a huge difference in memorizing topics to be able to choose the right answer to pass a test as against understanding fully the concepts to be able to publish a huge book and handle training courses on them. To be honest, I feel so fortunate and rewarded that I have had the chance to do both.

Now when I do consulting work, I many times understand subjects that my colleagues do not and I can "view" the subjects at a greater level and how it influences other surrounding issues. I ordinarily raise dependencies of particular solutions that the team has not thought about. And for years I have a clear understanding of what a security program is truly made up of, which the industry is now finally getting a grasp on. I am certainly not the brightest bear in the bunch, but the level of research I have had to do on the topics within the CBK allows me to look at security holistically and not be lodged in understanding security from only one point of view.
14/03 March 14th(2020) jamb questions and answers
JAMB 2020 Questions and Expo for March 14
2020 jamb cbt questions and answers March 14 (2020)day one
March 14th(2020) jamb questions and answers
JAMB 2020 Questions and Expo for March 14 Day
One
2020 jamb cbt questions and answers march 20-2020 jamb expo answers,
Jamb 2020 March 14,2020 questions and answers
2020 jamb cbt questions and answers for day 1(march 14) 2020
14th march 2020 jamb cbt questions and answers
Day one jamb questions 2020 jamb questions and answers (jamb answers)
March 14: FREE 2020 JAMB CBT Questions And Answers Expo / 2020 March 14 JAMB CBT Expo,2020 JAMB Answer/ FREE 2020 JAMB CBT Answer / 2020 JAMB CBT Expo/2020 March 14 JAMB Questions and Answer Answers, 2020 JAMB Expo,March 14 2020 JAMB CBT Runs/ 2020 JAMB Runs/FREE 2020/2021 JAMB CBT Questions and Answers
JAMB 2020 March 14 Questions /Expo /March 14 JAMB 2020 Questions Runs, March 14 2020 JAMB Questions /Expo On Mathematics JAMB 2020 March 14 Questions /Expo English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Economics,Literature, JAMB 2020 March 14 Questions /Expo Commerce, Government , Geography For Day 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 JAMB 2020 March 14 Questions /Expo for 6AM, 7AM ,9AM, 11AM, 12PM ,2PM ETC for Jamb 2020 March 14 Questions and Amswers
JAMB 2020 Chokes for March 14 Day 1,2,3,4,5,6 ,Day 7, Morning and Afternoon, 2020 JAMB Expo Runs,JAMB 2020 March 14 Questions Runs On I.R.S /I.R.K 2020 JAMB Questions /Expo, JAMB 2020 March 14 Questions /Expo /March 14 JAMB 2020 Questions Runs, March 14 2020 JAMB Questions /Expo On Mathematics JAMB 2020 March 14 Questions /Expo English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Economics,Literature, JAMB 2020 March 14 Questions /Expo Commerce, Government ,Geography For Day 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 JAMB 2020 March 14 Questions /Expo for 6AM, 7AM ,9AM, 11AM, 12PM ,2PM ETC for Jamb 2020 March 14 Questions and Amswers
Are you a JAMBITE? Who Need JAMB 2020 March 14 Questions /Expo /March 14 JAMB 2020 Questions Runs, For Day 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 ETC. Morning & Afternoon 2020 JAMB CBT Questions /Expo,JAMB 2020 Chokes Day 1,2,3,7,8,9,10th Morning 2020 JAMB Expo Runs,
2020/2021 JAMB Expo | 2020/21 JAMB CBT Expo | 2020/21 JAMB Questions Runz 2020 JAMB UTME (JAMB) Expo /Questions And Answers For All 2020 Jamb Candidates
The first time I took my CISSP exam, I have taken it the way most people take it - I knew just enough to pass the exam, but I was asked to memorize facts, bits and pieces because I did not fully understand them. It was very disappointing. My goal has never been to get as many certifications following my name as possible. In fact, my personal belief is when I see somebody list 10 certification credentials beside their name in an electronic mail, on a business card, or resume - the person may have an ego issue that makes the individual to show off and brag about their credentials. So this individual may be great at taking tests, but I have yet to run into a situation in real life where responding Yes Or No was required to get a job done.

At the time that I took my CISSP exam, study guides were non-existent, no books, and no websites for the CISSP exam. (ISC)2 was the sole body who provided training for CISSP. It was like four days a week for two consecutive weeks at that time. The first week I could tell that my instructors did not really have a clear understanding of the topics that they were teaching. I even asked one of the instructors a query on Kerberos and instead of discussing the answer to me, he said, "You are not required to understand that for the test." I was very shock. I could tell not only did he not know the answer, but his main pre-occupation was to help people memorize things that were going to be on the exam. After getting similar responses to a few more questions, I just controlled myself to stop asking. On the third day out of the eight days of class, I decided not to attend anymore. We were discussing a ton of subjects at breakneck speed that I did not know and spending more time in the class meant that I would just sit through more lectures and learn nothing and grow more impatient.

Just would like to note that the two (ISC)2 instructors that taught the class I was in have always touted over the years that "Shon Harris was their student" and (ISC)2 sales people say the same thing today to fill more seats in their class. I have heard about these comments for several years now. What the instructors from (ISC)2 and sales people do not mention to their customers is that I quit the class because it was useless.

So after passing the CISSP exam and still not really understanding much about the varied topics, I thought that someone has to write a book on it. So I did. The first book I ever published was close to 1,000 pages long. I was a masochist.

There is a huge difference in memorizing topics to be able to choose the right answer to pass a test as against understanding fully the concepts to be able to publish a huge book and handle training courses on them. To be honest, I feel so fortunate and rewarded that I have had the chance to do both.

Now when I do consulting work, I many times understand subjects that my colleagues do not and I can "view" the subjects at a greater level and how it influences other surrounding issues. I ordinarily raise dependencies of particular solutions that the team has not thought about. And for years I have a clear understanding of what a security program is truly made up of, which the industry is now finally getting a grasp on. I am certainly not the brightest bear in the bunch, but the level of research I have had to do on the topics within the CBK allows me to look at security holistically and not be lodged in understanding security from only one point of view.
Re: CISSP Training In Port Harcourt by Monsteristical: 4:37am On Feb 26, 2020
K
Re: CISSP Training In Port Harcourt by Monsteristical: 4:37am On Feb 26, 2020
Thanks
Re: CISSP Training In Port Harcourt by Freshhinded: 4:40am On Feb 26, 2020
Ok
Re: CISSP Training In Port Harcourt by Freshhinded: 4:40am On Feb 26, 2020
Kk
Re: CISSP Training In Port Harcourt by Spritersz: 4:42am On Feb 26, 2020
Nice
Re: CISSP Training In Port Harcourt by Spritersz: 4:42am On Feb 26, 2020
Nice thread

(1) (Reply)

The Injustice Against The Basic Medical Sciences Degree Programs / Securing The Future Of Bingham University Alumni- Dr. Chibuzo's Smart Agenda / UNN 2020/2021 Postgraduate Admission Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.