Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics (660 Views)

Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period / Pastor Chidi Eke Dies While Fasting For 40 Days In Imo / 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 26, 2020
From St Dominic's Catholic Church Bulletin:

Day 1- Wednesday February 26th, 2020 (Ash Wednesday)

Dear Lord, As we enter this solemn and holy season, we pray that you would send your Holy Spirit upon us that we might prepare ourselves for these coming 40 days of lent.
Even though we may no longer wear sackcloth and ashes, we do seek to humble ourselves so that we can understand the magnificence of your love for us as you humbled yourself and gave your life on the cross that we might receive the gift of eternal Glory with you. AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 27, 2020
Day 2- Thursday February 27th

God of Goodness and Mercy,

Hear my prayer as I begin this Lenten journey with you. Let me be honest with myself as I look into my heart and soul, noticing the times I turn away from you. Guide me as I humbly seek to repent and return to your love.

May humility guide my efforts to be reconciled with you and live forever in your abundant grace.

Transform me this lent. Heavenly Father, give me the strength to commit myself to grow closer to you each day.

AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 28, 2020
Day 3- Friday February 28th

Dear Lord, as I begin my journey toward spiritual growth, help me to look deep within myself and let go of the old and embrace the new life that comes from you.

AMEN.

We also pray you heal our land of the new dreaded disease #covid19. AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
Day 4- Saturday February 29th

Father, help me to see this holy season of lent as a time of spiritual renewal, rather than a time of deprivation.
Motivate me to reach a new level of experiencing your grace. AMEN.

Take away Coronavirus from our land, in Jesus name. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 01, 2020
Sunday March 1st

Dear Lord, help me to grow in love of my neighbors. Help me to truly forgive those who wronged me and let me also be forgiven by those I have wronged. Let me be more concerned about you than the things of this world. Help me to be able to overcome temptations, just as Jesus overcame his after fasting for 40 days. In Jesus name....AMEN.

Heal our land of Coronavirus, in Jesus name. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 02, 2020
Day 5- Monday March 2nd

Loving God, As the season of Lent unfolds, you call us to return again and again.

As you invite us to reflect on your love made visible in the person of Jesus, align our lives more closely with you through prayer, fasting and generous giving.

Bless our desire to accompany Jesus' suffering here and now in the crucified people of our world.

With your grace, may we live Lent fully and move with transformed hearts into the abundant Life of Easter morning. AMEN.

Heal our country Nigeria, of Coronavirus. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 03, 2020
Day 6- Tuesday March 3rd

Dear Lord, I know you receive what is in my heart. Let me be inspired by your words and by the actions of your son, Jesus Christ. Guide me to make sacrifices this Lent in the spirit of self-denial and with greater attention to you and to those around me. Help me to believe that you will grant me this because of the sacrifice Jesus made for me. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 04, 2020
Day 7- Wednesday March 4th

For God alone, my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly moved. AMEN.
Psalm 61: 1-2

Heal our country Nigeria, of Coronavirus. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 05, 2020
Day 8- Thursday March 5th

Lord, I know how much you love me. It's hard for me to feel it sometimes but I know your love is always with me. Help me to use your love as a way to persevere in my Lenten intentions. I am weak, but I know with your help, I can use these small sacrifice to draw closer to you. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2020
Day 9- Friday March 6th

Heavenly Father, during this Lenten season, give me a new and expanded vision for my Life. Help me to live full of faith. Teach me to find hope in the face of adversity. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 07, 2020
Day 10- Saturday March 7th

Lord Jesus Christ, fill me with your light and life. Help me to practice abstinence and give alms to the poor. AMEN
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 09, 2020
Sunday March 8th

O Christ, true Bread of Life, may I hunger for you alone. Be my constant joy and delight as I seek to relinquish my appetites for this world and to be fed from above with faith, hope and charity. Lord, lead me through your sorrowful passion and death, that I may rejoice in your resurrection. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 09, 2020
Day 11- Monday March 9th

Grant me the grace, O merciful God, to desire all that is pleasing to you in this season, to examine it prudently, to acknowledge it truthfully, and to accomplish it perfectly, for the praise and glory of your name. AMEN.

We also pray you heal our land of the new dreaded disease #covid19. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 10, 2020
Day 12- Tuesday March 10th

Lord Jesus, you call us to repent and to believe, for the kingdom of God is at hand. You teach us to do God's will. You invite us to follow you on the way to the cross.
Lord, renew in us the grace of our baptism, transform our thoughts, words and deeds so that we might turn away from sin and live the Gospel. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 11, 2020
Day 13- Wednesday March 11th

Lord Jesus, we know you came to love us, to forgive us, and to make us new. We give you all of our troubles, large and small. Help us as we walk with you now on your way of the cross. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 13, 2020
Day 14- Thursday March 12th

Loving God, I commit this season of Lent to you, as I ask you to show me what I need to turn away from, and what I need to turn towards. Shine your loving light in those dark parts of my heart and bring new life, new hope and new possibilities. Help me to walk more closely with Jesus. To know that I am deeply loved, and to share his love with others. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 13, 2020
Day 15- Friday March 13th

O Lord Jesus Christ, in this Lenten season, I beg you to give me strength in my weakness, give me faith in my fear and give me power in the powerlessness, for I trust in you. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 14, 2020
Day 16- Saturday March 14th

O Lord and master of my life, take from me the spirit of sloth, despondency, lust for power and idle talk. Grant unto me, thy servant, a spirit of chastity, humility, patience and love. Grant me the grace to see my faults and not to judge my brothers and sisters. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 16, 2020
Sunday March 15th

O Christ, true bread of life, may I hunger for you alone. Be my constant joy and delight as I seek to relinquish my appetites for this world and to be fed from above with faith, hope and charity. Lord lead me through your sorrowful passion and death, that I may rejoice in your resurrection. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 16, 2020
Day 17- Monday March 16th

My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. Lord, let me find you in my prayers and good deeds. And in my daily strive to meet you, help that I may remain steadfast in love and be merciful to others. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 17, 2020
Day 18- Tuesday March 17th

O God, remove the chains of oppression and the yoke of injustice in our world, and let the oppressed go free. Help me to share my food with the hungry and open my home to the homeless poor. Help me to give clothes to those who have nothing to wear, and not to refuse to help my neighbours and relatives. AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 19, 2020
Day 19- Wednesday March 18th

Generous Father, you constantly showered us with your abundant graces. Grant we pray, that our Lenten sacrifices, prayers and reflection will help us to better recognize the graces of this season. May we share what you have given us with those less fortunate. Help us, Father, to walk confidently on our paths, leading us closer to you as we prepare to welcome your son, our risen Saviour, this Easter. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 19, 2020
Day 20- Thursday March 19th

Lord, help us to see in your Crucifixion and Resurrection an example of how to endure. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 20, 2020
Day 21- Friday March 20th

Please Lord, guide my mind with your truth. Strengthen my Life by the humble, obedient example of Jesus. He fulfilled your will by becoming human and suffering with us. He died so that I would no longer be separated from you. Help me to feel how close you are and to live in union with you. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 24, 2020
Day 22- Saturday March 21st

Dear Lord, I come before you seeking for true repentance. Help me to acknowledge my wrongs, make we willing to confess them, and to abandon them and enable me to make restitutions for them. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 24, 2020
Day 23- Monday March 23rd

Not from St Dominic's bulletin

Heavenly Father, We have sinned against you in so many ways. We pray that in your infinite mercy, you forgive us all our sins. Draw us more closer to you this Lenten season and heal our land and country of this dreaded virus. AMEN.
Re: Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 24, 2020
Day 24- Tuesday March 24th

Not from St Dominic's bulletin

Dear Lord, help us to be save in this pandemic. Give us the sense and will to practice social distancing, stay home practice, work from home practice, always sanitizing and washing our hands and using nose masks, as we pray for a total healing from this virus. AMEN.

(1) (Reply)

I Believe In Conditional Security and Once Saved Always Saved / South Africa Pastor, Charles Awuzie, Writes An Open Letter To Bishop Oyedepo. / Spells To Stop Witchcraft Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.