Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Does Upwork Really Work? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Does Upwork Really Work? (825 Views)

Do TV And Fridge Guards Really Work??? / Do Small-generator Power Boosters Really Work? / Phone Number Verification service for Offerup,Upwork, Fiverr, EBay, Amazon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Upwork Really Work? by Arthurmillz(m): 8:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
I am a Graphics/web designer and I would like to try out a freelancer platform. I feel Fiverr is too saturated. Has anyone worked with Upwork here? I'd like to know if you when you submit proposals you actually get responses? I have submitted two and I yet to even get a notification that my proposal has been seen.
Also is there any issue with the app or the desktop version better.
Lastly is there any better platform I can work jobs from faster?
Re: Does Upwork Really Work? by Bloggingscope: 8:18pm On Feb 28, 2020
@arthurmills 2 proposals are too small to land any job as a newbie withoiut any badge or review cool

Be more strategic with your proposals and send more to job posts with little budget
Re: Does Upwork Really Work? by Arthurmillz(m): 11:12pm On Feb 28, 2020
Bloggingscope:
@arthurmills 2 proposals are too small to land any job as a newbie withoiut any badge or review cool

Be more strategic with your proposals and send more to job posts with little budget

Thanks for this. I try to go for the jobs with entry level experience knowing I wont yet get a chance on expert level without a job score etc. I noticed I need 'connects' to be able to send proposals. A little baffling I must say
Re: Does Upwork Really Work? by Bloggingscope: 11:27pm On Feb 28, 2020
Arthurmillz:

Thanks for this. I try to go for the jobs with entry level experience knowing I wont yet get a chance on expert level without a job score etc. I noticed I need 'connects' to be able to send proposals. A little baffling I must say

About Connects

Upwork is a professional Freelancing site with little to no regards for new freelancers but the thing is

Invest now ! Gain Later

If you ate good at what you do, you will make 10 folds of what you invest later. Avoid wasting connects on jobs you can't win and avoid applying on jobs you can't get 5.0 rating

(1) (Reply)

Sold / Sold!! / SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.