Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,732 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Do TV And Fridge Guards Really Work??? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Do TV And Fridge Guards Really Work??? (3505 Views)

Can 2.5kva Gen Power 1hp AC And Fridge / DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAKE TV AND ORIGINAL TV.. ... / Relocation Sale 52inches 3d Smart Tv And Fridge Freezer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do TV And Fridge Guards Really Work??? by LordHiffy(m): 10:57am On Jul 16, 2021
I have two surge protectors both of which are rated 13Amps and 230volts.
One of them is labelled TV/Dvd guard and takes 30seconds wait period before powering up while the other is labelled TV-fridge guard and takes only 5seconds to come on.
I have been using the one labelled TV-Fridge guard for my fridge and it seems to be working okay and the fridge doesn't make as much noise as it does with direct Nepa light.

My question about these guards are as follows;

1. Do these things really work especially to protect my electronics from thunder/lightning and generator surges
2. If both of these guards have thesame rating why is their wait period different
3. Can I use either of them for my fridge since they have thesame rating or
Any other thoughts are welcomed
Re: Do TV And Fridge Guards Really Work??? by Joevics(m): 11:19am On Jul 16, 2021
LordHiffy:
I have two surge protectors both of which are rated 13Amps and 230volts.
One of them is labelled TV/Dvd guard and takes 30seconds wait period before powering up while the other is labelled TV-fridge guard and takes only 5seconds to come on.
I have been using the one labelled TV-Fridge guard for my fridge and it seems to be working okay and the fridge doesn't make as much noise as it does with direct Nepa light.

My question about these guards are as follows;

1. Do these things really work especially to protect my electronics from thunder/lightning and generator surges
2. If both of these guards have thesame rating why is their wait period different
3. Can I use either of them for my fridge since they have thesame rating or
Any other thoughts are welcomed
When I bought my TV, I didn't buy the guard, so I used it directly. Our light was a bit steady and I also made sure to unplug it if I'm not watching. However, on day, I forgot it, and before I came back, it was only blinking. I spent about 20k to fix it.
But since I got the surge protector, I haven't had any issues event when they flash the light 10 times or my generator misbehaves.
1. So for me, it works.
2. Maybe an electrician can answer that.
3. I think they are the same and can be used interchangeably.
Re: Do TV And Fridge Guards Really Work??? by rottennaija(m): 11:20am On Jul 16, 2021
You should get it. It may save you a lot of cost.
Re: Do TV And Fridge Guards Really Work??? by Aleem26(m): 11:30am On Jul 16, 2021
Na scam Boss…our curve Samsung tv got spoilt with that nonsense plugged inn
Re: Do TV And Fridge Guards Really Work??? by rottennaija(m): 11:35am On Jul 16, 2021
Aleem26:
Na scam Boss…our curve Samsung tv got spoilt with that nonsense plugged inn
It depends on what spoilt it. It's not all electronic problems that is associated with high-voltage. But in the even of high voltage, you can u can be saved from a lot of problems.

(1) (Reply)

Phones To Sell/buy / @-}-}--Canadian USED In Box **BB 9700 Bold 2 - White & Black In Lagos 30K Each** / Acer Aspire One Mini Laptop - Intel Atom 320gb,1gb RAM @42k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.