Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,416 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Understanding Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding Life (149 Views)

UNDERSTANDING TITHING By Leke Alder / Pls Which Version Of Bible Should I Buy For Good Understanding / Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Life by kpakpandoN(m): 9:02am On Feb 27, 2020
“And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.”
Luke 12:15

Having ‘life abundantly’ does not refer to material things. Ecclesiastes 5:10-12 says he who loves silver and gold will never be satisfied and the abundance of the rich will not let him sleep. A Christian is not identified by how prosperous he/she is. Although God wants us to prosper financially, it is even as we prosper spiritually (3rd John 2). He is more concerned with the prosperity of the soul than material blessing which is an addition. Matthew 6:33 says “but seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all other things shall be ADDED…”
True Christians are known by their fruits of righteousness and holy lifestyle.

A young man came to Jesus and said he wanted to follow Him. The Lord asked him to sell all he had before he could, and he went away sorrowful (Matthew 19:16-24). Many have lost their place in Christ due to the love of wealth. Today, some rich people are depressed because they cannot give up their wealth for Him.

One day, a professor who had just given his life to Christ said to me “Pastor, ever since I became born again, I have just been full of joy, I hope it is not dangerous to be too happy.” I said “That is the joy of the Lord, enjoy it.” He was a successful man, but all the while, he had not experienced joy until he met Christ. He got abundant life.

Abundant life in Him means you can fulfil your destiny. Peter wanted to be a millionaire fisherman, but Jesus told him that he would become a fisher of men. In Psalm 23:5, David did not say that the table was filled with assorted food, instead anointing that ran over. Abundant life is overflowing anointing.

In God’s presence there is fullness of joy (Psalm 16:11). This is the promised abundant life – joy like a river. Stay content in Christ so you can have abundant life. Remember, godliness with contentment is great gain (1st Timothy 6:6).
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / You Too Can Lead / Sexual Intimacy By Grace Y Oyebamiji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.