Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Cost Of A Passport For Nigerian Citizens In Nigeria ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Passport For Nigerian Citizens In Nigeria ? (713 Views)

JAPA: Man Prays On His Nigerian Passport For US & Canadian Visa (VID) / Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? / COVID-19: Air France Begins Evacuation Of EU Citizens In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of A Passport For Nigerian Citizens In Nigeria ? by RandomGuy000: 11:04am On Feb 27, 2020
Hi all,

The thread subject may look a bit odd. I'll explain. I'm helping a friend in Nigeria who needs a new passport. My friend lives very far from Abuja. My friend has said it will cost 50000 Naira. But when I visit sites like https://immigration.gov.ng/standard-passport/ , its saying its 15000 Naira. I have also seen this 15000 figure on a few sites.

Now the passport being requested is a full booklet with photo etc. So I am not sure if this has something to do with being a full booklet passport vs an e-passport etc. Also, not sure if its just more expensive getting the full booklet passport in the regional areas? I assume that comes from Abuja so may add to costs?

Hopefully this is the correct forum for this thread.

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Passport For Nigerian Citizens In Nigeria ? by dawnomike(m): 11:32am On Feb 27, 2020
What you see online is the official price... What you eventually pay is the corruption price. grin

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Passport For Nigerian Citizens In Nigeria ? by RandomGuy000: 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2020
dawnomike:
What you see online is the official price... What you eventually pay is the corruption price. grin

haha.... well I kind of figured that smiley

But I feel like telling my friend to maybe apply for it online. It seems doing it that way, the final price is cheaper or at least more certain.

Seriously but, does 50000 sound reasonable taking into a/c corruption etc? Again, that was for an over-the-counter application.
Re: Cost Of A Passport For Nigerian Citizens In Nigeria ? by dawnomike(m): 6:11pm On Feb 27, 2020
RandomGuy000:

haha.... well I kind of figured that smiley

But I feel like telling my friend to maybe apply for it online. It seems doing it that way, the final price is cheaper or at least more certain.

Seriously but, does 50000 sound reasonable taking into a/c corruption etc? Again, that was for an over-the-counter application.
he may not get his passport ready in tge next 3 months if he does it online himself... They have frustrated the system
Re: Cost Of A Passport For Nigerian Citizens In Nigeria ? by Liodins: 8:24pm On Feb 27, 2020
u we’re even nice wen u said 3 months, but I doubt the friend will get a booking in the next 6months.
Just ask him to do it the Nigerian way
Re: Cost Of A Passport For Nigerian Citizens In Nigeria ? by Jossy4u1: 9:01am On Mar 10, 2020
RandomGuy000:
Hi all,

The thread subject may look a bit odd. I'll explain. I'm helping a friend in Nigeria who needs a new passport. My friend lives very far from Abuja. My friend has said it will cost 50000 Naira. But when I visit sites like https://immigration.gov.ng/standard-passport/ , its saying its 15000 Naira. I have also seen this 15000 figure on a few sites.

Now the passport being requested is a full booklet with photo etc. So I am not sure if this has something to do with being a full booklet passport vs an e-passport etc. Also, not sure if its just more expensive getting the full booklet passport in the regional areas? I assume that comes from Abuja so may add to costs?

Hopefully this is the correct forum for this thread.

Thanks

Please ask your friend to do it the official way in Abuja, the enhanced passport's official price is N25,000 + N1,000 application processing fee (only the old passport cost N17,000 and booklet is scarce), the process if seamless if he can do it all by himself, just make sure all requested supporting documentation are complete.
What most people don't realise is that they give more priority to you if you process it yourself than using the Immigration Officials and paying exorbitant prices to them, the officers will give you reasons why you shouldn't do it yourself because of their greed.

I will encourage you to do it yourself.

(1) (Reply)

[NEWS] Greece Blocks Nearly 10,000 Migrants At Turkey Border / A Trailer Spotted Transporting The Body Of An Aeroplane In Edo State / Travel To Poland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.