Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan (40766 Views)

Woman Sets Self, Rented Apartment On Fire Over Inability To Repay N70k Lapo’s De / Woman Goes Naked At Access Bank Due To Inability To Get Cash / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 27, 2020
Roon9:

Lol! No sir
Please re-read my question. It has been edited
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by madgoat(m): 7:43pm On Feb 27, 2020
If the husband is smart, he would be able to get millions from the bank for illegally detaining the wife but i guess they are illiterates and dont know their rights
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by LaIabobo: 7:43pm On Feb 27, 2020
englishmart:
Lol. Branch had been disturbing me, they threatened to report me to credit bureau which I didn't care about. After 9weeks of threatening me, they went back to begging again, they were like "Don't let old debt stall till march". Damn, I thought you were reporting me to credit bureau? Why didn't you report na? Well, I just pitied them by paying them their useless 6k today. I thought they had anything serious to do to me, but they were just threatening. Aje kpako no suppose fear treats, it's our lifestyle.

Lol, you don't know anything.

Wait till you get big and you or your need a facility from a commercial bank, then you'll understand how Credit Bureau reporting works.

The bank will run a credit search and if the search brings just one Delinquent loan history, your integrity becomes questionable.

They are only begging you now because the Loan officer still has to recover the loan in full.

4 Likes

Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Jabioro: 7:43pm On Feb 27, 2020
Too many ilegalities live around us
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Whytval: 7:44pm On Feb 27, 2020
This is how poor people thinks
They will not mind taking ones life because of the least money
But when did banks started arresting and detaining of their debtors?
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 27, 2020
Beautifulgirl:
. Woman? do u know that the staff that helped her to obtained that loan job may be in danger?
We are saying the same thing cool
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by chloride6: 7:48pm On Feb 27, 2020
Maxymilliano:
I believe there are terms and conditions attached to the loan which obviously she skipped while appending her signature to the loan application.

Default in loan repayment comes with penalties, while in equal vein, detaining the debtor without any legal pronouncement is against the law, as the company could be held liable for kidnapping/abduction.

Most microfinance banks are barely surviving the harsh business clime

NOTHING justifies you kidnapping someone
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by chloride6: 7:50pm On Feb 27, 2020
englishmart:
Lol. Branch had been disturbing me, they threatened to report me to credit bureau which I didn't care about. After 9weeks of threatening me, they went back to begging again, they were like "Don't let old debt stall till march". Damn, I thought you were reporting me to credit bureau? Why didn't you report na? Well, I just pitied them by paying them their useless 6k today. I thought they had anything serious to do to me, but they were just threatening. Aje kpako no suppose fear treats, it's our lifestyle.

its all well until you need that US or Canada Visa

1 Like

Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by FemolasticA: 7:51pm On Feb 27, 2020
This is pathetick! sort to say.
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Babaflenjor: 7:56pm On Feb 27, 2020
People mentioning Sokoloan, are thry that BAD
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Kaybaba5(m): 8:01pm On Feb 27, 2020
Eleyi gidigannn
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Nathsbash(m): 8:02pm On Feb 27, 2020
21k abi million? this country sha
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by joungblood(m): 8:07pm On Feb 27, 2020
21k and wat kidnapped, n i have one bastard that is owing me 220k and still walking around freely, na thunder and dangote truck � go kill am.. Times are hard, for everyone, if u borrow money pay back, because u don't know wat the person is facing. I can't in my entire life again borrow money to anyone, even if they are dying, I will let them die. No be me do you smh �‍♂️
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by pressplay411(m): 8:08pm On Feb 27, 2020
englishmart:

True, it's a civil case. It's just better to pay up in order to avoid the unnecessary embarrassment.
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 27, 2020
Maxymilliano:
I believe there are terms and conditions attached to the loan which obviously she skipped while appending her signature to the loan application.

Default in loan repayment comes with penalties, while in equal vein, detaining the debtor without any legal pronouncement is against the law, as the company could be held liable for kidnapping/abduction.

So, abduction should be the next step?
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by ridbell01(m): 8:10pm On Feb 27, 2020
Maxymilliano:

you can't take loan in Nigeria to do legit business and make it is not possible some lender give you loan with interest as high as 25% without no grace period
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by dontbothermuch: 8:17pm On Feb 27, 2020
vibre:
So premium times can't just pay the money and let the woman go home. Instead they are only interested in writing story
I liked your comment based on it's sarcastic. But it will set a precedent.
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 27, 2020
Babaflenjor:

No matter your emergency, even if it is at the point of death... NEVER let the thought of Lending money from SOKOLOAN cross your mind. Stay very Far away.

2 Likes

Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by baratech: 8:22pm On Feb 27, 2020
Next level poverty
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by JIkaba(m): 8:26pm On Feb 27, 2020
Avoid @ Palm Credits too... Those ppl will call ur enemy u re owing dem + de add fine evry damn day after d loan due date. No courtesy, tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Roon9(m): 8:31pm On Feb 27, 2020
prekumohtim:

Can it carry fridge ? I need a budget on what can carry fridge, 4 bulbs, fan, tv and dst tv decoder . Solar preferably

3.5kva pure sine Wave inverter
4*250w panels
2*220AH luminous tubular batteries
60A controller
Wires/ installations
#545,000

5kva hybrid inverter
10*250w panel
4*220Ah luminous tubular batteries
60A mppt controller
Wires/ Installations

These are the 2 plans that can carry freezers.
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by jbaby4u: 8:32pm On Feb 27, 2020
Islie:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/379363-nigerian-woman-abducted-over-inability-to-pay-back-n21000-bank-loan.html

My dear since the inception of microfinance and loan platform . Everyone wants to borrow money not minding the repercussions of not meeting the terms and conditions.
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Mamiwater: 8:32pm On Feb 27, 2020
Zobo here
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by jolomiurenyi(m): 8:46pm On Feb 27, 2020
Omihanifa:
Set awon sokoloan angry how can the bank detain her because of 21k

Lol.... as in ehhh
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Novaccines: 8:46pm On Feb 27, 2020
Wow
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Alkidam(m): 8:47pm On Feb 27, 2020
All this loans. no matter how small or big, the best decision you can make his not to even try to collect a dime. their interest rate is damning and killing. you get hìgh blood pressurre along the line of payment. defy embarrasment. collect repayable loans without interest from family or friends than this loans. lets just all pray for financial independece and stability. May God help us all

4 Likes

Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 27, 2020
vibre:
So premium times can't just pay the money and let the woman go home. Instead they are only interested in writing story
and 98 people like this rubbish you posted there? is premium times a charity organization? it cost the money to bring this to the knowledge of the authority, putting the image of the bank at stake and also served as warning to the bank thereby preventing others from being arrested on such grand!
in a sane clime that woman will be compensated by the bank

1 Like

Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Prechy08(m): 8:55pm On Feb 27, 2020
that woman don hammer,
if you know, you know
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 8:56pm On Feb 27, 2020
vibre:

They strives on bad news....Stupid journalism
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by damosade(m): 8:58pm On Feb 27, 2020
Those that opted for court, have u seen microfinance agreement before..

She will loose laye won a gbo lorun.
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by majestique(f): 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2020
Babaflenjor:

they are not bad, they are terrible!!
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Skyfornia(m): 9:12pm On Feb 27, 2020
englishmart:

You are not even ashamed! You borrowed money and you want them to plead with you before you pay?... You are simply irresponsible!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This A New Scam In Filling Stations? / Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React / Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.