Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,676 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Ondo 2020: Why We Should Give Akeredolu Another Term ― Femi Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo 2020: Why We Should Give Akeredolu Another Term ― Femi Falana (557 Views)

Pensioners, Teachers, Market Women Want Obaseki For Another Term - Group / Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? / Ondo Lawmakers Give Akeredolu Go Ahead To Access N50bn Bond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo 2020: Why We Should Give Akeredolu Another Term ― Femi Falana by Sanromeo(m): 6:52pm On Feb 27, 2020
As the 2020 Ondo governorship election draws nearer, Foremost Human Rights Lawyer and Activist, Femi Falana SAN has advised the people of Ondo State to give Rotimi Akeredolu another term in office.

Falana made the appeal in Akure during the 3rd Anniversary Lecture of the Akeredolu administration with the topic ‘The Nigerian Federalism Imbroglio: A Pragmatic Approach’, and Book Presentation.

He said Akeredolu has justified the mandate given to him by the people of Ondo State across all sectors as a fearless leader.

The fiery lawyer said the good deeds of Akeredolu since assumption of office should earn him another term for a consolidation.

He said “I’m happy today, as generally agreed by the people of Ondo State that Governor Akeredolu has delivered positively. By the time he took over as the Governor of Ondo State, workers were owed, pensions have been forgotten. Today, workers are paid as and when due on a monthly basis

“When Governor Akeredolu came on board, Ondo State was indebted to the tune of N4billion. Hence, the state could not access fund for UBEC. When the Governor came on board, that was one of the things I reminded him about. I'm happy today that he has cleared everything.”

“My people of Ondo State, I thank you for standing by my friend in the last three years. However, we are yet to get to that greater height which is why you must give him another chance,” Falana said

He said the people of Nigeria must appreciate that the issue of restructuring or true federalism was a national issue.

Falana further advocated the devolution of political powers to the federating units provided the people would be empowered.

Chairman of the occasion and Gov. Atiku Bagudu Kebbi State said it was a privilege to be at the event and congratulated Akeredolu on his 3rd anniversary.

Bagudu, the Chairman, Nigeria Progressive Governors Forum, described Akeredolu as a forthright and fearless leader.

“Oluwarotimi Akeredolu will not give excuses but will make do with the little to transform his state. So, I wasn’t surprised when Mr President commended his investment stride. Ondo State is lucky to have him as a governor. We are proud of him. On behalf of the Progressive Governors Forum, I say to Ondo State that you have a forthright person who speaks his mind at all times.”

Speaking on the theme of the lecture, Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu said the federal government is delivering on true federalism.

Akeredolu has assured that the state will produce the next Managing Director of NDDC and promised to always lead the people of the state aright.

The governor said his administration in the last three years has prioritised inclusive development of the state.

The occasion witnessed the unveiling of a book, Giant strides’ a photo compilation of activities of governor Akeredolu in the last three years.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/ondo-2020-why-we-should-give-akeredolu-another-term-―-falana/amp/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Re: Ondo 2020: Why We Should Give Akeredolu Another Term ― Femi Falana by chatinent: 6:54pm On Feb 27, 2020
Some people are really making themselves very important in our everyday news. I see little reason why one set of people have been ruling the country.
Re: Ondo 2020: Why We Should Give Akeredolu Another Term ― Femi Falana by itsme01: 6:55pm On Feb 27, 2020
cool

one SAN selling another SAN,... truth be told Ganduje and Akeredolu are so undercelebrated, their media aides are not showing them very well, unlike some Audio Governors with Audio projects

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo 2020: Why We Should Give Akeredolu Another Term ― Femi Falana by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:00pm On Feb 27, 2020
You mean that Atiku bagudu is still going about the country chairmaning events when his hands are soiled In the Abacha lots cook jar..

Immunity my left ass..
Re: Ondo 2020: Why We Should Give Akeredolu Another Term ― Femi Falana by Sanromeo(m): 7:06pm On Feb 27, 2020
Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Ondo 2020: Why We Should Give Akeredolu Another Term ― Femi Falana by johnmartus(m): 7:09pm On Feb 27, 2020
Akeredolu should forget second term. He has failed us in ondo.
Re: Ondo 2020: Why We Should Give Akeredolu Another Term ― Femi Falana by OndoFirstBorn(m): 7:09pm On Feb 27, 2020
Governor Akeredolu is doing well... Oiinnn cheesy
Re: Ondo 2020: Why We Should Give Akeredolu Another Term ― Femi Falana by OndoFirstBorn(m): 7:10pm On Feb 27, 2020
johnmartus:
Akeredolu should forget second term. He has failed us in ondo.

Few of Governor Akeredolu’s achievements within 3years

▪️Reconstructed/constructed 662 Public Schools with furniture, ICT & playground facilities
▪️Constructed/rehabilitated 290km of roads
▪️Cleared 7months salary arrears and pension owed by the previous administration while paying current salary as and when due
▪️Paying 30k minimum wage
▪️Increased the IGR from N750m —N2.2B monthly
▪️Distributed 720,000 cocoa seedings to farmers to boost cocoa production in Ondo State
▪️Facilitated Ondo-Linyin Industrial Hub in Ore which currently houses 6 Industrial factories. namely; Cassava - Ethanol plant, Win-Win Textiles, Wewood Factory, MDF/HDF Factory, Agrochemical Factory, Paper Mill
▪️Refurbished 320 old government vehicles instead of buying new ones
▪️Furnished health care centres with medical equipment worth N2.1Billion
▪️Constructed Ondo State’s first Flyover Interchange in Ore
▪️Built a new office complex for Ondo State Internal Revenue Service
▪️Donates patrol van and speed boats to security operatives to fight crime
▪️Commissioned a new mass transit, Sunshine Express for the State
▪️Employed 500 health personnel and 200 medical doctors to improve health care delivery
▪️Employed 400 graduates into Ondo State Internal Revenue Service(ODIRS)
▪️Dualization of the hilly Oke-alabojuto Road in Ikare-Akoko(the first dualized Road in Akoko Land)
▪️Over N1billion disbursed to farmers, market women, Artisans and groups as loan

He has done all these despite how the previous administration ran the state into debts.

If this is what you call failure, then your parents should get a refund from the school you went to because you have failed them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo 2020: Why We Should Give Akeredolu Another Term ― Femi Falana by itsme01: 7:11pm On Feb 27, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
You mean that Atiku bagudu is still going about the country chairmaning events when his hands are soiled In the Abacha lots cook jar..

Immunity my left ass..

everyone knows he spent 6 months in jail in the US for laundering money for Abacha and many top General, and Obasanjo regime still reached a sweet agreement with him if he showed Nigeria where Abacha loot are stashed which he did.. so its not like he is a fugitive with all that he still won an election twice
Re: Ondo 2020: Why We Should Give Akeredolu Another Term ― Femi Falana by johnmartus(m): 7:20pm On Feb 27, 2020
Please don't ever post this audio achievements here again.
OndoFirstBorn:

Few of Governor Akeredolu’s achievements within 3years

▪️Reconstructed/constructed 662 Public Schools with furniture, ICT & playground facilities
▪️Constructed/rehabilitated 290km of roads
▪️Cleared 7months salary arrears and pension owed by the previous administration while paying current salary as and when due
▪️Paying 30k minimum wage
▪️Increased the IGR from N750m —N2.2B monthly
▪️Distributed 720,000 cocoa seedings to farmers to boost cocoa production in Ondo State
▪️Facilitated Ondo-Linyin Industrial Hub in Ore which currently houses 6 Industrial factories. namely; Cassava - Ethanol plant, Win-Win Textiles, Wewood Factory, MDF/HDF Factory, Agrochemical Factory, Paper Mill
▪️Refurbished 320 old government vehicles instead of buying new ones
▪️Furnished health care centres with medical equipment worth N2.1Billion
▪️Constructed Ondo State’s first Flyover Interchange in Ore
▪️Built a new office complex for Ondo State Internal Revenue Service
▪️Donates patrol van and speed boats to security operatives to fight crime
▪️Commissioned a new mass transit, Sunshine Express for the State
▪️Employed 500 health personnel and 200 medical doctors to improve health care delivery
▪️Employed 400 graduates into Ondo State Internal Revenue Service(ODIRS)
▪️Dualization of the hilly Oke-alabojuto Road in Ikare-Akoko(the first dualized Road in Akoko Land)
▪️Over N1billion disbursed to farmers, market women, Artisans and groups as loan

Tell me how has he failed?
Re: Ondo 2020: Why We Should Give Akeredolu Another Term ― Femi Falana by aydi(m): 7:42pm On Feb 27, 2020
The only reason why i want Akeredolu to continue is that ondo weed /Hemp complex he is always talking about. The state needs to take advantage of its unique soil attributes, position itself properly in that niche and become the highest producers of quality Hemp products in Africa.

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: NIMC Shuts Down All Its Centres In Five States / Abia Only State In The Bible, There'll Be No Coronavirus-okezie Ikpeazu(VIDEO) / COVID-19: Kaduna To Prosecute 2 Islamic Clerics For ‘conducting’ Congregational

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.