Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Recruit Arewa Youths To Fight Boko Hram, Stop Disturbing Igbo–ohaneze Warns Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recruit Arewa Youths To Fight Boko Hram, Stop Disturbing Igbo–ohaneze Warns Army (725 Views)

Ohaneze Warns Igbo Not To Be Part Of The Hardship Protest In The Country / Bode George To Secondus: Stop Disturbing Obasanjo, Elders, With Your Problems / Stop Frustrating Air Peace Boss, Innoson, Others, Ohaneze Warns FG. (2) (3) (4)

Recruit Arewa Youths To Fight Boko Hram, Stop Disturbing Igbo–ohaneze Warns Army by sylvestersamuel(m): 6:47pm On Feb 28, 2020
The Nigerian Army has been warned against recruiting Igbo youths to fight Boko Haram in the Northeast.

The warning was given by the Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide, OYC and was contained in a statement signed by OYC

President-General, Okechukwu Isiguzoro and Secretary-General, Okwu Nnabuike, and made available to newsmen.

The group made this known in reaction to a recent recruitment exercise announced by the army’s Director of Recruitment Resettlement and Reserves, Brig-Gen Emmanuel Akpan.

The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant-General Tukur Buratai, had said the army will embark on the recruitment of Nigerian youths to enable it to fight insurgency in the Northeast.

Buratai made this known through the Brig. Gen. Akpan, on Wednesday.

The Ndigbo Youth, therefore, said that if the army is recruiting solely for the purpose of fighting Boko Haram, it should recruit youths from the North as the Igbo youths are not comfortable with such recruitment.

The Igbo youth organization said it is suspicious of such “obnoxious recruitment” in the South East, rather than in the North – the epicentre of the insurgency or South West.

According to OYC, “such recruitment is a death verdict for any intending youth waiting to be recruited solely to fight insurgents in Northeast insurgents, insisting that Operations Shege Ka Fassa, the Civilian JTF, the repented Boko Haram insurgents, Meyatti Allah and Arewa youths should be instead, recruited massively to fight the insurgents.”

The apex Igbo organization advised Igbo youths to be engaged in community policing or regional arrangements, adding that “there are various recruitment exercises going on in various states in the South East regards to engaging youths to tackle insecurity challenges in the South East.”

https://www./2020/02/28/recruit-arewa-youths-to-fight-boko-hram-stop-disturbing-igbo-ohaneze-warns-army/amp/

Re: Recruit Arewa Youths To Fight Boko Hram, Stop Disturbing Igbo–ohaneze Warns Army by Citytrend: 6:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
One Nigeria indeed!

Believe me, Interesting times await Nigeria.
Re: Recruit Arewa Youths To Fight Boko Hram, Stop Disturbing Igbo–ohaneze Warns Army by tsephanyah(f): 6:55pm On Feb 28, 2020
The North will come out stronger after Boko Haram insurgency.... And the military will be 80% northerners with enough military hardwares and experience... Thanks Ohanaze
Re: Recruit Arewa Youths To Fight Boko Hram, Stop Disturbing Igbo–ohaneze Warns Army by Oyiboman69: 7:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
I don't think I can fight for an unknown couuse

Re: Recruit Arewa Youths To Fight Boko Hram, Stop Disturbing Igbo–ohaneze Warns Army by mamaafrik(m): 7:13pm On Feb 28, 2020
Let North keep fooling herself

Re: Recruit Arewa Youths To Fight Boko Hram, Stop Disturbing Igbo–ohaneze Warns Army by Edusteve(m): 7:16pm On Feb 28, 2020
This Boko haram business Igbo guys refuse to do it get as it be ooooop
Re: Recruit Arewa Youths To Fight Boko Hram, Stop Disturbing Igbo–ohaneze Warns Army by Ojiofor: 7:17pm On Feb 28, 2020
tsephanyah:
The North will come out stronger after Boko Haram insurgency.... And the military will be 80% northerners with enough military hardwares and experience... Thanks Ohanaze

It's already a Northern Fulani military.
They are looking for those they will sacrifice to Boko haram.

Re: Recruit Arewa Youths To Fight Boko Hram, Stop Disturbing Igbo–ohaneze Warns Army by Okoroawusa: 7:19pm On Feb 28, 2020
Ojiofor:

It's already a Northern Fulani military.
They are looking for those they will sacrifice to Boko haram.
Ojiofor you have passed this kind of comments. Ibulugo okenye at least on Nairaland.
Re: Recruit Arewa Youths To Fight Boko Hram, Stop Disturbing Igbo–ohaneze Warns Army by Biafrarep(m): 7:20pm On Feb 28, 2020
tsephanyah:

BULSHIT!
My friend will you go and clean your mess. Any Igboman fighting in the NE for whatever reason is mad.
I will rather commit suicide peacefully in my home rather than kill myself in such a terrible way in the name of fighting Boko Haram.

You are fighting the same insurgents government is treating like heroes

Re: Recruit Arewa Youths To Fight Boko Hram, Stop Disturbing Igbo–ohaneze Warns Army by Ojiofor: 7:26pm On Feb 28, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Ojiofor you have passed this kind of comments. Ibulugo okenye at least on Nairaland.

Okenye kwesiri iguzoro na eziokwu ihi na eziokwu bu ndu.
I am elder in and outside nairaland..
If you think I will advise my younger ones to enlist into Nigeria army of today you dey lie.

Re: Recruit Arewa Youths To Fight Boko Hram, Stop Disturbing Igbo–ohaneze Warns Army by SciLab: 7:33pm On Feb 28, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Abokki onu na-esi isi. cheesy

Re: Recruit Arewa Youths To Fight Boko Hram, Stop Disturbing Igbo–ohaneze Warns Army by cheruv: 7:36pm On Feb 28, 2020
tsephanyah:
You're not serious...
It is actually good that northerners be recruited to fight the monster they've created. Talking about experience, that boils down to whoever the commander is, in war determination matters much more than experience.
Re: Recruit Arewa Youths To Fight Boko Hram, Stop Disturbing Igbo–ohaneze Warns Army by maiunguwar: 8:51pm On Feb 28, 2020
tsephanyah:
Wrong,the north will be destroyed by boko haram.Just watch and see

Time Bomb: Boys Loyal To Eleme Chairman Resume Dredging At Damaged Akpajo Bridge / PDP Chieftain Expresses Doubt Over Party’s Re-election In Oyo In 2023 / Arthur Eze N’ukpo. This Man Was Abacha Main Man. He Openly Cried When Abacha Die