Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,524 members, 7,837,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

I'm Still In Charge, My Purported Suspension Is Illegal - Ogun PDP Boss Dayo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Still In Charge, My Purported Suspension Is Illegal - Ogun PDP Boss Dayo (289 Views)

Abia PDP Responsible For Misinformation On My Purported Sack — Alex Otti (video) / Oshiomole Summons NWC Meeting After Suspension Is Lifted / My Purported Suspension As Council Chairman Is Null And Void - Alao-akala's Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm Still In Charge, My Purported Suspension Is Illegal - Ogun PDP Boss Dayo by Kavuki: 6:48pm On Feb 28, 2020
I'm still in charge, my purported suspension is illegal - Ogun PDP boss Dayo

The Chairman of the Ogun State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Engr. Adebayo Dayo has described his purported suspension by the former secretary of the party, Alhaji Semiu Sodipo and other political jobbers as a huge joke.

In a statement issued on Friday, Dayo said the purported suspension was laughable, illegal and evil.

The statement said: “I read with suppressed disgust the news of my purported sack as the Chairman of PDP in Ogun State by the former state secretary of our party, Alhaji Semiu Sodipo and his co-travellers

"I find the purported suspension not only laughable but evil, insidiously cunning; artfully deceptive and to say the obvious, illegal.

"How can a suspended member of our party and others who are no longer members of PDP sit in a beer parlour and suspend me from PDP? Semiu was suspended weeks back for anti-party activities.

"The PDP constitution clearly stipulates the procedure for suspending members from the party. It is only the National Executive Committee of our party that can suspend me if found guilty of any offence. The Ogun State PDP under my leadership remains indestructible. Our tenure is guaranteed by the Constitution of our party and several pronouncements of the Supreme Court, the Court of the Appeal and the Federal High Court. Those that gathered at the beer parlour to pronounce my alleged suspension are not PDP members.

"Their latest action clearly represents a new level of illegality and political brigandage by the anti-democratic National Chairman of our party, Prince Uche Secondus. He is the brain behind the crisis rocking the Ogun State PDP.

"Secondus and his cohorts have forgotten that the Engr. Adebayo Dayo-led Exco is a product of the rule of law. My purported suspension is laughable and can't stand. I am still in charge and will continue to be in charge untill I handover to a new State executive."

(1) (Reply)

Why Presidency Should Return To The South In 2023 - El Rufai / Senator Makarfi: Always On The Side Of Caution / 2023: Only President Of Igbo Stock Will Save North; OYC Tells Arewa Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.