Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

P A T I E N C E - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / P A T I E N C E (152 Views)

Spirituality/ Religion. (egbe I.e Spiritual Groups). / What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors / G.O.A.T. Movie: Son Of God - How The Logos Devolved For Humanity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

P A T I E N C E by FreshGreen: 11:27pm On Feb 28, 2020
P A T I E N C E
As a child of God, patience is one major key into the great promises of God, without patience, it is impossible to receive the promises of God. Because God is never in a rush, He is never late nor does He do anything to impress man. We must exercise patience before we can experience God's promises. When you are patient in waiting for the fulfillment of God's promise in your life, you will not be rushed into sin or irrational action; when you are patient with your God, you will not complain or compromise, and you will not worry about tomorrow.

WHY PATIENCE?
Why must we be patient before receiving the promises of God? Since God can do all things, why can't He just do everything for us at once without going through the stress of patience and the silence of waiting? God wants us to receive His promises through patience because of the following reasons:

1, Patience is an act of Faith. Without faith we cannot receive from God, and patience is an evidence of your faith in God’s promises. “that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.” Hebrews 6:12.

2, Patience is trusting in God. When we patiently wait upon the Lord, it shows we truly trust in Him. Psalm 37:5,” Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.”

3, Patience brings peace. One of the benefits of waiting patiently upon God is the peace it brings. Nothing in this life can bring us peace of mind, but when we have patience in the Lord and with the Lord, we will have peace that passes human understanding. While others are troubled and running around, the peace of God will safeguard our minds. People who are patient with God will less worry about things of life and put their confidence in the Lord even in the presence of confusion and tough situation. Psalm 37:7, “Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.”

4, Patience helps us to grow in the Lord. When we exercise ourselves in patience with God and with men, we grow into perfection in the Lord. James 1:3, 4, “Knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.”

5, Patience is the fruit of the Spirit. One of the ways we must be fruitful in the Spirit is to live in patience in waiting for God’s promises in our lives and in working for God. Galatians 5:22, 23, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.” NASB

CO N C L U S I O N
Only through patience we can possess our promised land, patience helps us to remain in the will of God and to keep pursuing. Impatience makes it impossible to receive the blessed promises of God.

We should pray to be patient and practice to be patient while God is perfecting everything concerning us.

James 5:7-8, 10-11
"Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain. 8 You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand."

"My brethren, take the prophets, who spoke in the name of the Lord, as an example of suffering and patience. 11 Indeed we count them blessed who endure. You have heard of the perseverance of Job and seen the end intended by the Lord—that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful."

if you will like to surrender your life to Jesus afresh to experience genuine salvation, please click on this link, read the article and pray as directed http://www.facebook.com/notes/revelation-of-truth-evangelical-ministries-rtem/how-can-i-be-saved/270674586372252

(1) (Reply)

I Was Not Disobedient To This Vision. / God Is The Perfect Father / Free Study Recovery Bible Order for free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.