Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Corona Virus: Why does Nigeria Not Quarantine Foreigners From Infected Countries - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Corona Virus: Why does Nigeria Not Quarantine Foreigners From Infected Countries (206 Views)

Coronavirus Quarantine: How People Stock Their Homes With Food, Groceries (Pics) / Coronavirus Patients On Life Support In Italian Quarantine Centre (Graphic Pix) / Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Corona Virus: Why does Nigeria Not Quarantine Foreigners From Infected Countries by Ralphjoe(m): 12:13pm On Feb 29, 2020
I am still at a loss on the press conference that the minister of health gave yesterday, giving the reason why the Italian man was not detected at the airport, that the virus is in its incubation period, and as such, it can't be detected by their screening machine since the symptoms has not started showing, so my question now is,why still allow people from such countries or better still, if they are allowed, why not quarantine them since it's hard to detect this virus most times, I just read a news where Mongolian president and his officials where quarantined because they visited China even without showing any symptoms of the virus, why can't Nigeria do same thing to travellers from China, Japan, Italy and some highly affected countries?

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Sweden Ban All Flights To and from Iran / 5 Simple Things To Help Stop Coronavirus (Public Service Announcement From WHO). / Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.