Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

God Will Meet You… - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Will Meet You… (164 Views)

How Will He Meet You? / Different Kinds Of People You Will Meet In Nigerian Churches (Meme Collection) / Types Of People You Will Meet At The Experience 2017 In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Will Meet You… by NaijaPageOfGod: 12:16pm On Feb 29, 2020

God Will Meet You Where You Are

Throughout the Bible, when people were in trouble, God met them where they were and helped them. Thank God He doesn’t wait for us to manage to make our way to Him—He comes to us!

In today’s scripture, “the youth” whose voice God hears “where he is” is Ishmael, who had been sent to the desert with his mother, Hagar. To give you some context, God had promised a child to an elderly couple named Abraham and Sarah. When years went by without them conceiving a child, Sarah asked Abraham to sleep with Hagar (her servant), and they conceived Ishmael (see Genesis 16-18). Even though Ishmael was born out of human striving, not God’s promise, God still loved and cared for him and his mother. Practically everyone in this story made some kind of mistake, but God forgave each one of them, and He never stopped working with them. He’s always faithful, even when we’re not.

God is an expert at taking our mistakes and turning them into miracles. For example, I suffered sexual abuse as a child, which was definitely a mistake—it should never have happened. But God has restored me, and He’s taken that mistake and made a ministry out of it. God met me where I was, accepted me, loved me, and healed me, and He wants to do the same for you. When you give Him your wounds and mistakes, He works them together into something beautiful!

Credit Joyce Meyer
From Naijapage - https://naijapage.com/tag/joyce-meyer-devotional/

(1) (Reply)

Happy First Sunday, Tell Us What Bother You And Affect Your Spiritual Life / The Signs Of His Coming.(jesus Christ) / There Is Now A Cure For Cancer. Come Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.