Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man (7536 Views)

Tinubu Is Not Sponsoring Biafra;he Has Two Governors Supporting Him From SE-IPOB / How Alex Ekwueme Created The Idea Of The South-South Zone. / Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Working For Biafra,he Is Just Deceiving People — Uwazurike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by Area4Area: 11:12am On Mar 01, 2020
selemempe:
ooin....it must be hard for you... you have spent 10 years of your poor life on nairaland fighting every Biafran grin
at least, I've been successful at you not getting your Biafra, you that has spent more years fighting for Biafra here, have you gotten it?
Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by Area4Area: 11:14am On Mar 01, 2020
selemempe:
from I be Ibo to Ibo are land grabbers....ooin
Who cares, continue living in Lagos and wait till you're pushed off
Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by gidgiddy: 11:21am On Mar 01, 2020
wirinet:

False. The are was not known as Biafra before the Portuguese came. There was no kingdom or land of Biafra anywhere in recorded history before Ojukwu took on the name for his new country.
Some people just assumed that because the Portuguese named the bight - bight of Biafra, it assume there was an actual land called Biafra. It also means there is a land called Good hope, since the English named a cape in South Africa - Cape of good hope.

According to the fake map produced (yes fake map because the people living close to the sea (or bight), the Ijaws, never at any time in history called themselves Biafrans, Cameroon should be renamed Biafra, as most of Cameroon is inside Biafra.

That means that Nigeria is much worse. At least with Biafra, it was Africans like Ojukwu and Frank Opigo that chose the name, even if whatever reason

In case of you Nigerians, it was Lugards girlfriend, later wife, that chose your own name for you.

I would rather have African men like Ojukwu and Opigo choose the name of my country, than be you Nigerians who answer the name that the girlfriend of a colonial master from Europe picked for you all

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by Area4Area: 12:39pm On Mar 01, 2020
gidgiddy:

That means that Nigeria is much worse. At least with Biafra, it was Africans like Ojukwu and Frank Opigo that chose the name, even if whatever reason

In case of you Nigerians, it was Lugards girlfriend, later wife, that chose your own name for you.

I would rather have African men like Ojukwu and Opigo choose the name of my country, than be you Nigerians who answer the name that the girlfriend of a colonial master from Europe picked for you all
Sure, you'd rather choose a name coined by the Portuguese even if you don't know the meaning than picking a local name you coined yourself. At least, we all know the meaning of Nigeria even if it was coined by the British.Why not pick names like Mars or Jupiter if an African suggested it?

You and your leader Nnamdi Kanu hate Britain but Kanu rushed to get her citizenship and living there at the moment while you're still here as a Nigerian. Las las na you go tire, Kanu seems more sensible than many people.
Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by MONIKERREVEALER: 12:58pm On Mar 01, 2020
wirinet:

I am not yoruba. We the north and britain have the crude you guys I want to kill yourselves myself over.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by Passionate888: 1:22pm On Mar 01, 2020
kenechukwufrank:

Many people have heard about the Biafran nation but not many know much about its history, how it came about and also how the name was coined.

Surprisingly, the name Biafra didn't come from an Igbo person, contrary to what many people would be thinking, because the majority of their agitators are from the Eastern part of Nigeria (Igbos)

See Who and How the Name Was Created And Why + Photos

https://www.anaedoonline.com/2020/02/29/meet-the-man-who-created-the-name-biafra-he-is-not-an-igbo-man/
This op and the article just dey exhibit biafra signs: [b] INCOMPLETE, LIES, DECEIT, etc [b/]
Your topic is 'Meet the man ....' but I no even see any man.
La click, la bend
Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by selemempe: 3:15pm On Mar 01, 2020
Area4Area:
Who cares, continue living in Lagos and wait till you're pushed off
Lagos is one city that I will never live in in my whole life!

A 'city' you spend a big chunk of your life in traffic? Where every street is smelling like menstrual blood! Tue!! Tufiakwa...if I ever leave Enugu (which I won't) then I'm moving to Abj as a senator or reps member or even president

Lagos Can go and die
Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by selemempe: 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2020
Area4Area:
at least, I've been successful at you not getting your Biafra, you that has spent more years fighting for Biafra here, have you gotten it?
my friend take many seats! Your ranting which is read by a handful of nairalanders is why Biafra has not come? What ever you are smoking is dangerous to your health

Cone heads are sick
Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by sofiscatedmoron: 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2020
TheChameleon:
He was an Ijaw man.

That's why Asari Dokubo said Ijaws own them and not a single developer dared utter a word.
But it gives u nightmare when ijaw say they are biafrans too grin grin
Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by sofiscatedmoron: 4:47pm On Mar 01, 2020
Godons1:
Trash.

Biafra is a pipe dream that can never be achieved.

Quote me anywhere.
Nitori olorun, we Afonja moronic slaves will attachee to igbos, we cant let them go o
Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by TheChameleon: 4:59pm On Mar 01, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:

But it gives u nightmare when ijaw say they are biafrans too grin grin

Nope. Ijaws are the 1st Class Biafrans.

Una be Okrika biafuroans tongue

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by sofiscatedmoron: 5:10pm On Mar 01, 2020
TheChameleon:

Just lile u are moronic head slamming slave of cows

Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 5:21pm On Mar 01, 2020
kenechukwufrank:

Many people have heard about the Biafran nation but not many know much about its history, how it came about and also how the name was coined.

Surprisingly, the name Biafra didn't come from an Igbo person, contrary to what many people would be thinking, because the majority of their agitators are from the Eastern part of Nigeria (Igbos)

https://www.anaedoonline.com/2020/02/29/meet-the-man-who-created-the-name-biafra-he-is-not-an-igbo-man/

Anything is possible I just learnt this morning ijora 7UP Lagos there is a area boy calling himself Corona virus
Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by wirinet(m): 5:54pm On Mar 01, 2020
[quote author=MONIKERREVEALER post=87077991][/quote]
But it's paining you to the point of suicide because;
the north and britain have the crude
Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by wirinet(m): 5:55pm On Mar 01, 2020
[quote author=MONIKERREVEALER post=87077991][/quote]
But it's paining you to the point of suicide because; the north and britain have the crude, instead of you.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by Godons1: 5:57pm On Mar 01, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:

Nitori olorun, we Afonja moronic slaves will attachee to igbos, we cant let them go o

Bikonu, we the leaders of Igbo's have decided to accept Islam. We have allowed our northern masters to Islamize us in the EAst. We will build mosques in all our Government Houses and every nook and cranny of the East.

Islam has come to stay in the EAst and we are proud to be Igbo MUSLIMs. grin grin May God bless our Aboki masters.

Igbo MUSLIM Amaka.

Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by Area4Area: 6:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
selemempe:
my friend take many seats! Your ranting which is read by a handful of nairalanders is why Biafra has not come? What ever you are smoking is dangerous to your health

Cone heads are sick
IPOB Biafra will never come, my posts can't withhold your Biafra but you and I know that you, Kanu and IPOB can never achieve Biafra, your noise and rants on nairaland only entertain us.
Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by Godons1: 6:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
TheChameleon:

Chai see finishing. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by Area4Area: 6:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
selemempe:
Lagos is one city that I will never live in in my whole life!

A 'city' you spend a big chunk of your life in traffic? Where every street is smelling like menstrual blood! Tue!! Tufiakwa...if I ever leave Enugu (which I won't) then I'm moving to Abj as a senator or reps member or even president

Lagos Can go and die
So they say and would never leave Lagos, talking of moving to Abuja, why not to Onitsha or Owerri or Aba? Enugu indeed.
Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by selemempe: 6:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
Area4Area:
So they say and would never leave Lagos, talking of moving to Abuja, why not to Onitsha or Owerri or Aba? Enugu indeed.
mumu talk. Is every Yoruba man not from Lagos? Soon you guys will rename your barely recognised tribe to lagos
Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by Area4Area: 6:32pm On Mar 01, 2020
selemempe:
mumu talk. Is every Yoruba man not from Lagos? Soon you guys will rename your barely recognised tribe to lagos
Leave Lagos and come over to Igboland to get your Biafra, you can't get it in Lagos and your leader in London
Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by sofiscatedmoron: 6:59pm On Mar 01, 2020
Godons1:

Bikonu, we the leaders of Igbo's have decided to accept Islam. We have allowed our northern masters to Islamize us in the EAst. We will build mosques in all our Government Houses and every nook and cranny of the East.

Islam has come to stay in the EAst and we are proud to be Igbo MUSLIMs. grin grin May God bless our Aboki masters.

Igbo MUSLIM Amaka.
U mean Yoruba Muslims, because there is no ibo muslim ,i haven't seen one,, afonja moronic slavea trying to drag igbos to be head slamming slaves like them,,

Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by Godons1: 7:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:

U mean Yoruba Muslims, because there is no ibo muslim ,i haven't seen one

It's like you have been away from the East for a very long time. Presently Igbo MUSLIMs are everywhere in the EAst. Igbo Herdsmen are also taking over all nook and cranny of the East.

God bless our Aboki masters for Islamizing us. grin

Igbo MUSLIM Amaka.

Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by sofiscatedmoron: 7:12pm On Mar 01, 2020
Godons1:

It's like you have been away from the East for a very long time. Presently Igbo MUSLIMs are everywhere in the EAst. Igbo Herdsmen are also taking over all nook and cranny of the East.

God bless our Aboki masters for Islamizing us. grin

Igbo MUSLIM Amaka.

afonja moronic slavea trying to drag igbos to be head slamming slaves of cow like them,,

Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by Godons1: 7:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:

afonja moronic slavea trying to drag igbos to be head slamming slaves of cow like them,,

You are pained that we Igbo's are forging ahead. 40% of Igbo's are now Muslims. Two Eastern Governors have also converted. Governor WillI Obiano has converted and he is now officially known as, Alhaji Willi Obiano a.k.a AlhajI Musa Bello. While Governor Hope Uzodinma also converted and he is now known as, Alhaji Hope Uzodinma a.k.a AlhajI Abubakar.

God bless our Aboki masters.

Igbo MUSLIMs Amaka.

Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by MONIKERREVEALER: 7:32pm On Mar 01, 2020
wirinet:

But it's paining you to the point of suicide because; the north and britain have the crude, instead of you.

See as fear don make a coward like you to dey shake hand dey double quote pesin!!!

The only one experiencing acute and severe pain on here is the lousy loser who extremely hates (though in reality it is dreadful fear) the great igbos BUT, still was unable to take his lecherous eyes off their daughters and married one of the daughters of the people he CLAIMS to hate!!!

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

What a complete confused tosser you are!!!

Getaway you cowardly suicidal maniac!!!
Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by sofiscatedmoron: 7:40pm On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
Godons1:

You are pained that we Igbo's are forging ahead. 40% of Igbo's are now Muslims. Two Eastern Governors have also converted. Governor WillI Obiano has converted and he is now officially known as, Alhaji Willi Obiano a.k.a AlhajI Musa Bello. While Governor Hope Uzodinma also converted and he is now known as, Alhaji Hope Uzodinma a.k.a AlhajI Abubakar.

God bless our Aboki masters.

Igbo MUSLIMs Amaka.
[/s]
100 % of igbos are now Muslims

Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by gidgiddy: 7:48pm On Mar 01, 2020
wirinet:

I am not yoruba. We have the crude you guys want to kill yourselves over.

You mean the same crude that has not helped anybody Nigeria? I dont know the point of all the crude Oil in the world if it has not translated to better life for most Nigerians

Anyone still relying on crude in this world that is shifting to renewable energy is fooling themselves
Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by Dedetwo(m): 8:06pm On Mar 01, 2020
kenechukwufrank:

Chief Frank Opigo did not create the name, Biafra. Instead he suggested the name and it was accepted.
Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by Dedetwo(m): 8:08pm On Mar 01, 2020
Arda1000:
Frank Opigo an Okirika man was the one who came up with name Baifra,he was the former Administrative Governor of Yenogoa province in Eastern Nigeria.

I do not think Chief Frank Opigo is an Okirika man. I think he hails from Shagbama in Bayelsa State. Although he had a connection with Okirika.
Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by Dedetwo(m): 8:14pm On Mar 01, 2020
TheChameleon:

Ijo produced the first class betrayal goons during the Nigeria/Biafra war. We have their records. My grandfather told me that ass must always stay behind no matter how fast someone runs.
Re: Meet The Man Who Created The Name Biafra, He Is Not Even An Igbo Man by wirinet(m): 8:26pm On Mar 01, 2020
gidgiddy:

You mean the same crude that has not helped anybody Nigeria? I dont know the point of all the crude Oil in the world if it has not translated to better life for most Nigerians

Anyone still relying on crude in this world that is shifting to renewable energy is fooling themselves
You mean the crude that help build Lagos and Abuja has not helped anybody in Nigeria? The crude money that your governors run to Abuja to collect every month to pay salaries, Build roads, and other white elephant projects have not helped anybody in Nigeria?

The crude with which provides the foreign currency with which you guys depend on for your importation and trading business has not helped anybody in Nigeria?

Keep living in denial.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amid Uproar, Jonathan Disown 2015 Posters / Boko Haram Surrender II, Shekau Whereabouts Unknown - Satellite Pictures! / INEC Needs 100,000 Cars, 4,200 Boats To Distribute Election Materials, Says INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.