Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles (1340 Views)

Russian Missiles Kill Two In Poland, US Intelligence Says / US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles / Mark Milley: Chinese Missile Launch Very Concerning, Says Top US General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Appleyard(m): 11:41pm On Feb 29, 2020
US Defences Are Incapable of Intercepting Russian, Chinese Missiles, Navy Admiral Admits

MILITARY & INTELLIGENCE
15:27 GMT 28.02.2020
Get short URL
by Tim Korso
Subscribe

The statement was made during a hearing devoted to the US plans to modernise American weapons and to possible ways the US can respond to the new cutting-edge weapons Russia rolled out in last two years.

US Navy Admiral Charles Richard has admitted that existing American air defences were not designed to counter modern hypersonic glide weapons, like the one recently deployed by Russia, and currently developed by China, and hence these weapons "challenge" the US, during an open hearing at the US House Subcommittee on Strategic Forces. He added that the Pentagon even has trouble determining the capabilities of modern weapons, although it still can make a reliable guess on what threat these weapons pose.

"It's not that we have no ability to characterise the threat to this nation. The size of a raid alone starts to give us information as to what they might be able to do. We already don't have the ability to characterise the payload on any inbound weapon system to the US, hypersonic or not", he said.

In addition, while answering a question from House membeк Seth Moulton, Admiral Richard acknowledged that the US defence systems were not designed to counter any ballistic weapons capabilities of Russia and China, but only to protect from attacks by "rogue nations". He noted that it would be "technically infeasible" due to the extreme costs of running such defences.

At the same time, Charles Richard noted that such a state of American defence doesn't necessarily mean that it's under threat by either Moscow or Beijing. He explained that the US relies on the strategic stability ensured by the ability of Washington to "impose [heavy] costs" on any nation, which might try to attack the US, using its own strategic arsenal.

The admiral made his statements during a hearing, which was devoted to the US plans to upgrade its arsenal and develop an appropriate response to new Russian cutting-edge weapons. Moscow recently presented and later deployed Avangard (Russian for "Vanguard"wink hypersonic missiles, capable of travelling at speeds between 10 and 12 Machs and changing course mid-flight to avoid enemy defences. Russia is also completing the development of one-of-a-kind nuclear-powered ballistic missiles, capable of carrying nuclear warheads.

https://sputniknews.com/military/202002281078431489-us-defences-are-incapable-of-intercepting-russian-chinese-missiles-navy-admiral-admits/

Missy89, come here and explain this blatant truth. Since you're a member of the armed forces, Americans should know how on earth the trillions of dollars spent on defense can't produced a useful air defense platform. Trump is coming for y'all. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Appleyard(m): 11:51pm On Feb 29, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Commentor: 12:15am On Mar 01, 2020
No surprise.

Capacity isn't from noise making.

It's from ability and action.

2 Likes

Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by panafrican(m): 1:55am On Mar 01, 2020
Erdogan funded, housed and provided weapons to ISIS terrorists for years. Now his chickens are coming home to roost.
Trump is not stupid to fight that war .
Let Turkey pay the price.

3 Likes

Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Biodun556(m): 4:34am On Mar 01, 2020
Appleyard:

https://sputniknews.com/military/202002281078431489-us-defences-are-incapable-of-intercepting-russian-chinese-missiles-navy-admiral-admits/

Missy89, come here and explain this blatant truth. Since you're a member of the armed forces, Americans should know how on earth the trillions of dollars spent on defense can't produced a useful air defense platform. Trump is coming for y'all. cool

Inability of the US to intercept 22 Iranian missiles which destroyed the military in Iraq means US lack good missile defence system. The US patriot missile bought by Saudi Arabia had also failed to intercept missiles fired by houthy rebels several times.

6 Likes

Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 01, 2020
Biodun556:

Inability of the US to intercept 22 Iranian missiles which destroyed the military in Iraq means US lack good missile defence system. The US patriot missile bought by Saudi Arabia had also failed to intercept missiles fired by houthy rebels several times.

I use to think you had an Iota of reasoning but I need to ryme reason in your modulla.

There was no air defence stationed in iraq.

1 Like

Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 02, 2020
illitrate:

I use to think you had an Iota of reasoning but I need to ryme reason in your modulla.

There was no air defence stationed in iraq.

Ok, what about the ones stationed in Satan Arabia to protect her Oil facilities? grin

Oh! I forgot that you're an illitrate. Good Morning & Good Bye. grin

3 Likes

Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by sunboy(m): 1:55am On Mar 02, 2020
Saying this doesn’t mean the US doesn’t have element of surprise that the Russians can’t defend themselves against too na. It’s normal for a military to portray themselves as less capable than their adversaries na ... abeg next!

1 Like

Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Appleyard(m): 2:22am On Mar 02, 2020
[url][/url]
Biodun556:

Very truthful

1 Like

Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Everrest9(m): 3:56pm On Mar 03, 2020
I don't believe this man.
Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Appleyard(m): 9:21pm On Mar 03, 2020
Everrest9:
I don't believe this man.

Why?
Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Juchii(m): 7:19pm On Mar 04, 2020
I have always known this. Their capabilities when they are on the side of government is always shown that Russians are more capable and more brutal. Comparing their activities in Syria, Afghanistan and Egypt, you will see a clear difference between the two
Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Missy89(f): 10:44pm On Mar 07, 2020
Appleyard:

It is sad that you still dont understand how things work. This is military politicking. Agencies go to Congressional hearings to complain and get more money for their department with the help of politicians and policy makers with vested interest. Stop reading Sputnik

You should read about the IRON TRIANGLE, maybe you will learn something

Enjoy your weekend cool
Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Whyem15: 10:31am On Mar 08, 2020
Missy89:

It is sad that you still dont understand how things work. This is military politicking. Agencies go to Congressional hearings to complain and get more money for their department with the help of politicians and policy makers with vested interest. Stop reading Sputnik

Enjoy your weekend cool
Yes it is true that they complain a lot to get more funding, but it is also true that it is a criminal offence to lie to congress as such, their complaints are not far from the truths. It is also true that there is no current defense known to man against hypersonic missiles which Russia has developed and in service with the Russian military already and are developing defense mechanisms for it while US and china are just developing the missile technology and are still far away from achieving meaningfully speeds. It is also true that American missile defense system are so ineffective they are almost useless.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Missy89(f): 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2020
Whyem15:

Yes it is true that they complain a lot to get more funding, but it is also true that it is a criminal offence to lie to congress as such, their complaints are not far from the truths. It is also true that there is no current defense known to man against hypersonic missiles which Russia has developed and in service with the Russian military already and are developing defense mechanisms for it while US and china are just developing the missile technology and are still far away from achieving meaningfully speeds. It is also true that American missile defense system are so ineffective they are almost useless.

Ok

I stopped posting on NL because of 1diotic posts like this. You don't swear in witnesses for every congressional hearing especially ones like this.
Appleyard, Please stop mentioning me on useless threads. Russia can build suyasonic missile for all I care cheesy . America's military strength will remain unmatched for decades to come. You can take that to the bank! cool
Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Whyem15: 6:59pm On Mar 08, 2020
Missy89:

Ok

I stopped posting on NL because of 1diotic posts like this. You don't swear in witnesses for every congressional hearing especially ones like this.
Appleyard, Please stop mentioning me on useless threads. Russia can build suyasonic missile for all I care cheesy . America's military strength will remain unmatched for decades to come. You can take that to the bank! cool

The only 1diot here is you who can't debate without insulting.

Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Whyem15: 10:57pm On Mar 08, 2020
Missy89:

Ok

Section 1001 covers false statements more generally, without requiring an oath. The section stipulates that "whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the government of the United States, knowingly and willfully" falsifies or conceals information, including before a congressional committee's inquiry, may also be fined or imprisoned up to five years.
Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Missy89(f): 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2020
Whyem15:

The only 1diot here is you who can't debate without insulting.

When you are done taking screenshots of Wikipedia, find something better to do with your time.
Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Appleyard(m): 2:06pm On Mar 09, 2020
Missy89:

Enjoy your weekend cool

Stop being a kid, my lady. I know better than you can ever imagine. At least, for once, you have admitted and acknowledged that there is no other political and corporate entity that is more corrupt than the U.S MIC, something we have reechoed over time here on koboland. That's a welcome development cool. It shows you ain't no longer drinking too much of the kool aid dicthed out to most of you dumb Americans.

But there is a problem....

I called you out here to address this issue and all you could put out was that the Navy Admiral on behalf of the military-industrial complex is just looking for more funds they can steal. I'm very disappointed. I know about the IRON TRIANGLE, but if this is the only thing you could point to, then I'm really sorry to say this; your types are wired to die with their eyes wide open. But this Navy General ain't ready to risk his life like your lots have chosen to. So he is out speaking the truth. cool

Everybody knows that what the admiral said is the fact. When it comes to missile technology, the United States is still in Kiddergatten trailing Russia by two decades.

The U.S is withdrawing from the START Treaty and rushing to build its own hypersonic missiles. WHY? Because, RUSSIA already fields them, and it's helping China to build the same in far East Asia. cool. What does the IRON TRIANGLE got to do with that I hate it when you make silly excuses in the face of prima-facie evidence.

Was IRON TRIANGLE the reason why the U.S openly asked Russia to destroy and cancel the production of the 9M729 missile? It's because they have no defense to any of these systems nor do they have a similar counter to that effect. Stop being dumb. There is a reason why the U.S is worrying about the increased secrecy of the Russian military and industrial complex.

CAATSA was primarily targeted at Russia. It was created by the U.S congress in consonance with the U.S military to try and scare away potential Russian missiles clients, and limit the proliferation of Russian advanced defense and missile systems because they pose serious consequences in traditional theatres where U.S so-called military supremacy reigns. It was a clever strategy because they know the effectiveness of these new systems like the S-400. Unfortunately, it didn't work as countries, including those that allied with the U.S are buying and queuing up to buy Russian-made missiles. cool

Tell me, was the IRON TRIANGLE also responsible for CAATSA?

Your excuse make no sense.

Heck, the U.S whose military tech is unmatched can't even launch satellites into orbit without relying on Russian rocket engines. I guess that have to do with the IRON TRIANGLE as well lol?

Pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Appleyard(m): 2:16pm On Mar 09, 2020
Whyem15:

At the bolded, U.S long-standing ally, Satan Arabia, is asking Russia for the S-300 and S-400 missile defense systems. Qatar has joined the train, Turkey went all out for it and already has it because their military knew how the system effectively "painted" U.S F-22 planes when flown from the Incirlik airbase in Turkey into Syria during the height of U.S military operations in that country. India has also signed contracts, but only Missy89 wants you to believe that it's simply because of corruption that this confessing U.S Admiral is out speaking the truth. cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Appleyard(m): 2:22pm On Mar 09, 2020
Missy89:

Ok

Stop living in self-delusion. What Whyem15 wrote up there was facture and coherent. You only pointed out the aspect of witness testimony and oat taking, forgetting that there is what we called implied terms even in unsworn depositions. You couldn't even count any of the facts put forward to you. It's a fact that U.S missile defense systems have a record of poor performance. Deal with that, lovely. grin

1 Like

Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Whyem15: 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2020
Missy89:

When you are done taking screenshots of Wikipedia, find something better to do with your time.

It would have been better to avoid the topic entirely and save face rather than this public display of irrationality.
Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Nobody: 5:47am On Mar 10, 2020
Most of the commentators here are just anti American ignoranmuses. grin Imagine someone talking about america not being able to defend against Iranian missiles in iraq, there is no missile defence in Iraq. They just look for any avenue to promote russian propaganda.

1 Like

Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by dermmy(m): 6:55am On Mar 10, 2020
illitrate:
Most of the commentators here are just anti American ignoranmuses. grin Imagine someone talking about america not being able to defend against Iranian missiles in iraq, there is no missile defence in Iraq. They just look for any avenue to promote russian propaganda.

But American missile defence systems were present in Saudi Arabia when Houthi kamikaze drones and missiles stealthily entered their airspace and did a clean job.

Even if air defence system was in Iraq that day some missiles would still make their way to their target because Iran fired them in salvos. America does not have Air defence systems that can intercept multiple missiles at the same time. Only the Russian S-400 does that.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Nobody: 2:38am On Mar 14, 2020
sunboy:
Saying this doesn’t mean the US doesn’t have element of surprise that the Russians can’t defend themselves against too na. It’s normal for a military to portray themselves as less capable than their adversaries na ... abeg next!
This is the formula they always use from century to century.
Propaganda, the main aim is to get more money for their weapons research.
They are saying it to create the needed attention to make more weapons.
If they don't say this, the house will shut down their desire for more funding.

That's how they started their intercontinental ballistic missile program in the last century.
They said Russia has lots of missiles targeted at them, they government had to focus more on funding theirs.

1 Like

Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by redsun(m): 4:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
Why are they always scheming and talking of destruction? Can't they see they are up against the almighty nature and all those their little mindsets of them against us and needless acquisition of everything are nothing but vanity?
Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by GingerBreadMan: 7:01am On Apr 01, 2020
Missy89:
OkI stopped posting on NL because of 1diotic posts like this. You don't swear in witnesses for every congressional hearing especially ones like this.
Appleyard, Please stop mentioning me on useless threads. Russia can build suyasonic missile for all I care cheesy .
America's military strength will remain unmatched for decades to come. You can take that to the bank! cool
GingerBreadMan:
With all your military strength and advanced technology ordinary corona virus enter your land and see how your whole country/economy don scatter ... grin
Indeed, pride goes before a fall

1 Like

Re: US General Confess That American Defense Can't Stop Russian Missiles by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 01, 2020
Russia this, Russia that. Nobody knows who can eat more until the food is set on the table. You think you can eat more than the other person until the person swallows one mold and it looks like your three molds .

Remember Fat man and Little boy in world war II before you conclude that Russia has more military strength than the US. Second check the military expenditure of the US is far greater than any other country in the world. You're talking about Russia's hypersonic missiles when we don't yet know what the US has .They may already have alien military technology or something we never heard of before. They are only trying to look weak to decieve these Countries don't conclude they are weak. America is not stupid enough to display their vulnerability to the world. Don't be decieved .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

U.S. Secret Service Finds Cocaine Inside White House / Honest Question For African Americans? / 'SWAT Robots' Soon To Protect US First Responders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.