Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,499 members, 7,954,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:18 PM

How To Unlock The Full Potential Of Your Mind - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Unlock The Full Potential Of Your Mind (533 Views)

�unlock Your Hair’s Full Potential� / JINJA Herbal Extracts Unlock the Power to Reverse Any Kind of Terminal Diseases / How To Unlock Huawei E5576 Wifi To Uses Any SIM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Unlock The Full Potential Of Your Mind by tsephanyah(f): 10:35am On Mar 01, 2020
“Emotions are the end product of past experiences.”  [3:20]

“The best way to predict your future is to create it, not from the known but from the unknown. What thoughts do you want to fire and wire in your brain? What behaviors do you want to demonstrate in one day? The active rehearsing, then mentally closing your eyes and rehearsing the action.”  [13:15]

“The moment you start feeling abundant and worthy, you are generating wealth. The moment you’re empowered and feel it, you’re beginning to step towards your success. The moment you start feeling whole, your healing begins and when you love yourself and you love all of life, you will create an equal and now you’re causing an effect.”  [14:57]

“Knowledge is power, but knowledge about yourself is self empowerment.”  [24:10]
In other words, all of your emotions and memories are stored physically in your body, which is used to ruling the mind through ingrained habits. Thus, you will have to erase old bad learned patterns and remake your mind first if you want your life to change.
There are parts of this book that I found questionable/not helpful. But there were also some points that I thought were interesting. I agree that negative thoughts create a negative reality, and the mind must be “made new,” so to speak. I’m not sure that the specific techniques used to “remake the mind” in the book are useful. But you can make your own call.

“black butterfly on woman's palm” by John Reign Abarintos on Unsplash
How to Transform Your Life — Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself
About Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself
Joe Dispenza’s main premise in this book is the concept that the body is the subconscious mind, and that people can change themselves by changing their thoughts. In other words, all of your emotions and memories are stored physically in your body, which is used to ruling the mind through ingrained habits. Thus, you will have to erase old bad learned patterns and remake your mind first if you want your life to change.
There are parts of this book that I found questionable/not helpful. But there were also some points that I thought were interesting. I agree that negative thoughts create a negative reality, and the mind must be “made new,” so to speak. I’m not sure that the specific techniques used to “remake the mind” in the book are useful. But you can make your own call.
FOREWORD (By Daniel G. Amen, MD)
When your brain works right, you work right, and when your brain is troubled, you are much more likely to have trouble in your life.
Trauma can hurt the brain, but so can negative thinking and bad past programming.
Dispenza grew up with an older brother who bullied him constantly and that created constant anxiety that followed him through life until he worked through it later in life.
The hardware (physical functioning of the brain) is not separate from teh software (constant programming/reshaping that happens through life)
Most of us have had trauma →scars. Cleaning out these experiences is healing.
People can literally change their brains and lives through regular brain-healthy habits, like correcting negative beliefs.
The author ate fast food, drank too much soda, slept 4–5 hours/night and carried unexamined hurts and 30 lbs. “What I didn’t know was hurting me…and not just a little.” But after changing his lifestyle, his brain literally looked healthier. That’s how changeable your brain is.
Introduction: The Greatest Habit You Can Ever Break Is the Habit of Being Yourself
Human nature: we balk at changing until things get too uncomfortable for us to go on. True for individuals and societies. Why wait?
We can learn and change in a state of pain and suffering, or we can evolve ina state of joy and inspiration…To go with the latter, we just have to make up our minds that change will probably entail a bit of discomfort, some inconvenience, a break from a predictable routine, and a period of not knowing.
PART I: THE SCIENCE OF YOU
Chapter 1: The Quantum You
Early physicists divided the world into matter and energy. But they’re not separate. Can you use your mind to create your reality?
Your thoughts have consequences so great that they create your reality.
Descartes came up with a duality vision of reality: that matter and energy are different. But energy is not just an outside force exerted on material things, it is the fabric of material. Dispenza also claims that it is responsive to mind.
Then Einstein’s famous equation proved that matter and energy are the same. And the Newtonian/Cartesian view of the world is not correct. At the subatomic level, most things are empty space, not solid.
The electron exists as a probability wave, but can appear and “disappear” as a solid particle in various locations.
Dispenza’s conclusion: At the subatomic level, energy responds to mindful attention and becomes matter, therefore life can be directed using the observer effect (what is observed, changes), and you can “collapse infinite waves of probability into the reality you choose.”
Subatomic particles are potentially everything and nothing until they are observed. They exist everywhere and nowhere until observed.
Dispenza claims we are potentially connected to a sea of information in a dimension beyond space/time.
July 2000 study by Leonard Leibovici from Israel: randomized, double-blind controlled trial of 3,393 patients to test the power of prayer. He found that patients with sepsis who were prayed for had statistically siignificant earlier decrease in fever and shorter hospital stays. Another twist: the patients prayed for were from 1990–1996, 4–10 years before the experiment!
Dispenza’s conclusion: our intentions and thoughts/feelings/prayers affect past present and future.
The quantum law says that all potentials exist simultaneously.
https://medium.com/the-write-purpose/how-to-transform-your-life-breaking-the-habit-of-being-yourself-by-joe-dispenza-bfbfa380e449

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Unlock The Full Potential Of Your Mind by Cubana6: 11:27am On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
tsephanyah:
“Emotions are the end product of past experiences.”  [3:20]

“The best way to predict your future is to create it, not from the known but from the unknown. What thoughts do you want to fire and wire in your brain? What behaviors do you want to demonstrate in one day? The active rehearsing, then mentally closing your eyes and rehearsing the action.”  [13:15]

“The moment you start feeling abundant and worthy, you are generating wealth. The moment you’re empowered and feel it, you’re beginning to step towards your success. The moment you start feeling whole, your healing begins and when you love yourself and you love all of life, you will create an equal and now you’re causing an effect.”  [14:57]

“Knowledge is power, but knowledge about yourself is self empowerment.”  [24:10]
In other words, all of your emotions and memories are stored physically in your body, which is used to ruling the mind through ingrained habits. Thus, you will have to erase old bad learned patterns and remake your mind first if you want your life to change.

“black butterfly on woman's palm” by John Reign Abarintos on Unsplash
How to Transform Your Life — Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself
About Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself
Joe Dispenza’s main premise in this book is the concept that the body is the subconscious mind, and that people can change themselves by changing their thoughts. In other words, all of your emotions and memories are stored physically in your body, which is used to ruling the mind through ingrained habits. Thus, you will have to erase old bad learned patterns and remake your mind first if you want your life to change.
FOREWORD (By Daniel G. Amen, MD)
When your brain works right, you work right, and when your brain is troubled, you are much more likely to have trouble in your life.
Trauma can hurt the brain, but so can negative thinking and bad past programming.
Dispenza grew up with an older brother who bullied him constantly and that created constant anxiety that followed him through life until he worked through it later in life.
The hardware (physical functioning of the brain) is not separate from teh software (constant programming/reshaping that happens through life)
Most of us have had trauma →scars. Cleaning out these experiences is healing.
People can literally change their brains and lives through regular brain-healthy habits, like correcting negative beliefs.
The author ate fast food, drank too much soda, slept 4–5 hours/night and carried unexamined hurts and 30 lbs. “What I didn’t know was hurting me…and not just a little.” But after changing his lifestyle, his brain literally looked healthier. That’s how changeable your brain is.
Introduction: The Greatest Habit You Can Ever Break Is the Habit of Being Yourself
Human nature: we balk at changing until things get too uncomfortable for us to go on. True for individuals and societies. Why wait?
We can learn and change in a state of pain and suffering, or we can evolve ina state of joy and inspiration…To go with the latter, we just have to make up our minds that change will probably entail a bit of discomfort, some inconvenience, a break from a predictable routine, and a period of not knowing.
PART I: THE SCIENCE OF YOU
Chapter 1: The Quantum You
Early physicists divided the world into matter and energy. But they’re not separate. Can you use your mind to create your reality?
Your thoughts have consequences so great that they create your reality.
Descartes came up with a duality vision of reality: that matter and energy are different. But energy is not just an outside force exerted on material things, it is the fabric of material. Dispenza also claims that it is responsive to mind.
Then Einstein’s famous equation proved that matter and energy are the same. And the Newtonian/Cartesian view of the world is not correct. At the subatomic level, most things are empty space, not solid.
The electron exists as a probability wave, but can appear and “disappear” as a solid particle in various locations.
Dispenza’s conclusion: At the subatomic level, energy responds to mindful attention and becomes matter, therefore life can be directed using the observer effect (what is observed, changes), and you can “collapse infinite waves of probability into the reality you choose.”
Subatomic particles are potentially everything and nothing until they are observed. They exist everywhere and nowhere until observed.
Dispenza claims we are potentially connected to a sea of information in a dimension beyond space/time.
July 2000 study by Leonard Leibovici from Israel: randomized, double-blind controlled trial of 3,393 patients to test the power of prayer. He found that patients with sepsis who were prayed for had statistically siignificant earlier decrease in fever and shorter hospital stays. Another twist: the patients prayed for were from 1990–1996, 4–10 years before the experiment!
Dispenza’s conclusion: our intentions and thoughts/feelings/prayers affect past present and future.
The quantum law says that all potentials exist simultaneously.
https://medium.com/the-write-purpose/how-to-transform-your-life-breaking-the-habit-of-being-yourself-by-joe-dispenza-bfbfa380e449
[/s]

1 Like

Re: How To Unlock The Full Potential Of Your Mind by Slayar: 9:29am On Apr 03, 2020
Cool
Re: How To Unlock The Full Potential Of Your Mind by truthfulparrot(m): 8:14am On Feb 24, 2021
Slayar:
Cool
informative!
Re: How To Unlock The Full Potential Of Your Mind by truthfulparrot(m): 8:14am On Feb 24, 2021
Thanks for this.

NB: Your identity and personality is confusing. One moment you sounds very intelligent and another moment you sounds....................... Who are you?
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

(1) (Reply)

Social Distancing At Its Best During The Lock-down, Enjoy [see Pics] / The FG Is Only Interested In Mass Vaccination / IVF? We Are Available To Assist You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.