Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Town Planning Put This On My Yet To Complete Building-i Need Advice Please - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Town Planning Put This On My Yet To Complete Building-i Need Advice Please (1016 Views)

2.5 Millon Naira Complete Building / Complete Building For Sale In Badagry / Get Complete Building Plan In Port Harcourt As From 25k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Town Planning Put This On My Yet To Complete Building-i Need Advice Please by excellentj4teal(m): 11:41am On Mar 01, 2020
I have a land which I just developed to the lintle level and waiting for God's blessing so as to roof and compete the building. I got to my site yesterday to see what my bricklayer did as I have not gotten the chance to check since they finished the work. Surprisingly, I saw Crossed red mark telling me to stop work and a paper attached to the wall. At first, I got annoyed as I don't think I've contravened any section or law since the land was properly purchased and I followed my plan (groundwork) except that I didn't build the attachment(2bedrm flat) as contained in the plan. Kindly advice me to know steps to take donas not to shoot myself on the leg. Thanks

Re: Town Planning Put This On My Yet To Complete Building-i Need Advice Please by Perfecttouchade: 11:49am On Mar 01, 2020
Cc: lawyer
Re: Town Planning Put This On My Yet To Complete Building-i Need Advice Please by mymadam(m): 11:55am On Mar 01, 2020
excellentj4teal:
...I don't think I've contravened any section or law since the land was properly purchased and I followed my plan (groundwork) except that I didn't build the attachment(2bedrm flat) as contained in the plan. Kindly advice me to know steps to take donas not to shoot myself on the leg. Thanks

1. Does your survey have a RED COPY lodged with the appropriate government authorities... that is if the land is NOT a government allocation

2. Was the building approval properly done with the appropriate government authorities?

3. ETC...
Re: Town Planning Put This On My Yet To Complete Building-i Need Advice Please by dawnomike(m): 12:08pm On Mar 01, 2020
Simply visit the Town planning office to sort it out
Re: Town Planning Put This On My Yet To Complete Building-i Need Advice Please by excellentj4teal(m): 12:34pm On Mar 01, 2020
mymadam:

1. Does your survey have a RED COPY lodged with the appropriate government authorities... that is if the land is NOT a government allocation

2. Was the building approval properly done with the appropriate government authorities?

3. ETC...

No it wasn't with RED COPY survey
Re: Town Planning Put This On My Yet To Complete Building-i Need Advice Please by mymadam(m): 12:42pm On Mar 01, 2020
excellentj4teal:

No it wasn't with RED COPY survey

Well, a land survey done by a random surveyor is not officially enough. There MUST be a RED COPY lodged with the government.

However, your case might not be with the survey.

Was the building plan properly approved by the government? Do you have your personal TWO (2) copies of the approved plan in your possession?
Re: Town Planning Put This On My Yet To Complete Building-i Need Advice Please by excellentj4teal(m): 6:22pm On Mar 03, 2020
mymadam:

Well, a land survey done by a random surveyor is not officially enough. There MUST be a RED COPY lodged with the government.

However, your case might not be with the survey.

Was the building plan properly approved by the government? Do you have your personal TWO (2) copies of the approved plan in your possession?
I have my own personal two copies in my possession

(1) (Reply)

6bed room duplex close to Ojukwu library, new Owerri, IMO state Nigeria. / New!!! 5 Bedroom Bungalow With Penthouse Design In Delta State (video) / Plots Of Land For Sale At Ibeju-lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.