Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC (38677 Views)

Cherubim And Seraphim Church Warns Buhari Govt Against ‘arrest Of Peter Obi’ / Governor Diri's Reaction When Nengi Visited Him Vs When Trikytee Visited / Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by LosC: 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2020
Governor Douye Diri of Bayelsa State has warned members of the opposition All Progressives Congress, APC, that he will now deploy the full weight of the law if they refuse to accept his olive branch.

The Governor, who said the opposition party must realise that he is now on the seat of power, also donated the N40 million awarded to him and his deputy Senator Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo, by the Supreme Court to the church.

The Supreme Court had on Wednesday, while dismissing the application filed by the APC for the review of its earlier judgement that sacked David Lyon as the governor-elect of the State, fined Afe Babalola (SAN) and Wole Olanipekun (SAN) lawyers to the applicants and ordered them to pay the respondents.

Governor Diri, during a special thanksgiving service at the King of Glory Chapel, Government House, Yenagoa, said he and his deputy are donating the money, amounting to N40 million to the church.

Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Daniel Alabrah, in a statement, said that the well attended service tagged: “Victory thanksgiving” was put together to appreciate God for His intervention.

Diri added, “What has happened only proves the fact that there is a God that rules in the affairs of men. His decisions are final and supreme.

“There is no Supreme Court greater than the supreme court of God. He gave that judgment through the learned justices and some people felt they had to question Him.

“And God spoke through that woman that delivered the judgment. According to her, who are you to question the supremacy of the Supreme Court?

“And so for desecrating the temple of justice, a cost of N10 million each was imposed on two of the senior lawyers that represented the other party to be paid to three of the respondents, which included me and my deputy.

“Without even consulting my deputy, I have decided that both of us will surrender our N20 million each, that is N40 million, to the work of God in the church.”

The Governor underscored the need for APC members in the state to embrace the olive branch extended to them for the sake of peace and sustainable development.

He said some opposition elements in the State were still bent on fomenting trouble over the victory of the PDP at the Supreme Court.

“As a people, let us learn to move ourselves upward. We need to build on the prevailing peace in this state so that investors can come in and we can also create employment for our young ones who want to work,” Diri said.

“That is why we have offered the olive branch and we expect them all to accept it. But for those who refuse to accept it, but rather are planning evil, they should realize that we are now on the seat of power. We have every information at our disposal.”

https://dailypost.ng/2020/03/01/bayelsa-gov-diri-donates-n40m-supreme-court-awarded-him-to-church-warns-apc/

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by IsaacRocks(m): 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2020
Nice one.....

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 01, 2020
God really protected South South from the APC and their RUGA.

169 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by LosC: 1:40pm On Mar 01, 2020
Amitez:

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by yarimo(m): 1:43pm On Mar 01, 2020
Mteeeww undecided undecided

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by LosC: 1:45pm On Mar 01, 2020
yarimo:
Mteeeww undecided undecided

Sifia pains.
LOL

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by tatatar: 1:49pm On Mar 01, 2020
Dude keeps gloating about his "victory" based on exploiting the legal loopholes while forgetting the fact that he wasn't bayelsa people's choice.
You mustn't keep publicly announcing them,so stop this your rude displays at their faces and start working

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by LibertyRep: 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2020
Well, it is his money and he is at liberty to spend it as he wishes.
What if his deputy wishes to use his money for something else?

I would have used the money for something different though.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Ogegeodey(m): 1:55pm On Mar 01, 2020
Why church?

Though its your private money, if iys me I will use that money to empower 40 university graduates with 1million each.

Use small opportunity and shine, think well with money.

Pastor Church that'z already rich...

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Unruffledgrace(m): 3:09pm On Mar 01, 2020
Wahala don enter the church be that na
That church don get problem straight

Good idea though

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by johnmartus(m): 3:12pm On Mar 01, 2020
Keep gloating. grin . It's a destiny nobody can change it.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by TheTourist: 4:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
Omo white missionaries enter these South South people wella oh. Any small thing "God this" "God that" "Church here and there". Meanwhile they're going to steal public funds las las grin grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Emu4life(m): 4:22pm On Mar 01, 2020
Double wahala for APC deadbodygrin
But why church nah? Abi u no get graduates/young entrepreneurs for ya state

4 Likes

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by codedguy1(m): 4:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
This is really serious.

I think he should have done better.

Which church sef?

Shows the kind of leadership he would offer.

Smh!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by worworbabe: 4:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
He lacks wisdom.

He donated the money without consulting his deputy. Now you see the kind of leadership he is going to run.

As a Governor of the state, that money should have been used for your people's betterment and not deposited in a church for a few men in gown to benefit from.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by blinking001(m): 4:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
Whatever rocks his boat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by rightchic(f): 4:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
Good.

Please check my signature for your high quality tiles.
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Sweeetheart(m): 4:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
may I never meet any partner that would caused my downfall or levelled down my happiness in Jesus name

Lyon must be regretting to have the olumba olumba man as deputy Governor

it was so unfortunate for someone to be stop from his sit of victory because of the person he hold at his left hand

10 Likes

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
Nigeria is finished.

With the state of Bayelsa, A Governor can still give out 40m to a church.

That amount will go a long way in a Bayelsa state.

Nigeria needs to be sold to Bloomberg or Zukerberg

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Daviddson(m): 4:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
When we will the lawyers agree they have the money since the Supreme Court didn't give them a time line?

Anyway, this is a great miracle! I hope he doesn't disappoint popular expectations.
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Neroiam(m): 4:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
OgunLaakaye:
Nigeria is finished.

With the state of Bayelsa, A Governor can still give out 40m to a church.

That amount will go a long way in a Bayelsa state.

Nigeria needs to be sold to Bloomberg or Zukerberg

Or even Juliusberg.

Op, the blessings that man will receive eh, and bayelsa in general since he's the governor. 40m will be nothing compared to it if he did it with the right heart. Personally, I've received more blessings giving to God than man. Refer Matthew 6:33a --seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness.. God first.

8 Likes

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
Alright
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by PheelzAlmighty: 4:25pm On Mar 01, 2020
I hear you sir
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by okpalaAnambra: 4:26pm On Mar 01, 2020
Why not for his constituents....

1 Like

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by supereagle(m): 4:27pm On Mar 01, 2020
I blame APC chairman. He gave you the opportunity.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Sunnycliff(m): 4:27pm On Mar 01, 2020
Church and politics should be separated

1 Like

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by foolbuster: 4:27pm On Mar 01, 2020
Ogegeodey:
Why church?

Though its your private money, if iys me I will use that money to empower 40 university graduates with 1million each.

Use small opportunity and shine, think well with money.

Pastor Church that'z already rich...

or even divide the money. but what do you expect from someone that is not a true reflection of the people's choice and going there solely for his interests and that of his cronies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 01, 2020
just get down to work. don't give the people a chance to vote in the devilish party in 2023.

prove that bayelsans were wrong to vote against you
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by maasoap(m): 4:28pm On Mar 01, 2020
Amitez:

Propaganda. South South will be protected when they are finally be able to get rid of PDP and bring in other parties that can really bring developments to the region. Imagine Bayelsa state with 8 local government areas with around 20 billion naira monthly allocations excluding IGR was not able to pay workers' salaries under PDP!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by grimandevil: 4:28pm On Mar 01, 2020
Church? What a joke

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DSS Uncovers Plot By Persons, Groups To ‘Destabilise’ Nigeria / 2023: IBB Endorses Osinbajo For President / Bashir, El-Rufai's Son 'Congratulates' Peter Obi For Picking PDP Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.