Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,514 members, 7,836,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

We Get 25 %, Sanusi Gets 50 %----says Bankole! (confessions Of A Thief) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Get 25 %, Sanusi Gets 50 %----says Bankole! (confessions Of A Thief) (628 Views)

25 % Constitutional Act / Lagos Plans To Increase Food Supply By 25 % / Man Caught With $7million To Forfeit 25 % To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Get 25 %, Sanusi Gets 50 %----says Bankole! (confessions Of A Thief) by violent(m): 1:58am On Dec 20, 2010
HOUSE Speaker Dimeji Bankole has revisited the face-off between the National Assembly and Central Bank Governor Lamido Sanusi.

Bankole said the budget of the CBN is N300 billion, which doubles that of the National Assembly.

He spoke at the weekend during a lecture entitled: "The challenges and prospects of transforming the Nigerian democratic polity", organised by the Students’ Union Government of the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) in Zaria, Kaduna State.

Bankole said: "Somebody came to the National Assembly to say that we collect 25 per cent. I do not want to argue that, but I know that the National Assembly’s budget this year is about N130 billion. The budget of the person saying we collect 25 per cent is N300 billion.

"So, if we take 25 per cent, he takes 50 per cent. It is there on record. That of governors is higher. You can fool some of the people, but you can’t fool everyone.

"Many malpractices have been reported to the anti-corruption agencies but nobody has been questioned, nobody has been arrested.

"After all the noise we made on power generation and reforms, nobody has been questioned. The National Assembly has done its job, which is to investigate and expose; we cannot prosecute.

"This is not a 100-metre race; it is a long distance. Gone are the days when you look for 15 minutes of fame. Nigerians can no longer be fooled. You made yourself popular for 15 minutes. Playing to the gallery will only work for a short time.

"For this country to be great, the youth have to take charge. Like they did 50 years ago and gave us independence. I will go from university to university and tell the students my experience as Speaker of the House of Representatives.

"I am not a saint. I do not think you will find a saint in the job that we do. If you want a saint, go to the church.

"If we want to get this job done, you need to roughen it with the roughest of the society. They will come after you, if you dare to do what is right. They will come after your family. If you have a dog they will kill your dog too."

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/22187.html
Re: We Get 25 %, Sanusi Gets 50 %----says Bankole! (confessions Of A Thief) by violent(m): 1:59am On Dec 20, 2010
Go on sir, loot us dry!
Re: We Get 25 %, Sanusi Gets 50 %----says Bankole! (confessions Of A Thief) by strangerf: 2:03am On Dec 20, 2010
violent:

If we want to get this job done, you need to roughen it with the roughest of the society. They will come after you, if you dare to do what is right. They will come after your family. If you have a dog they will kill your dog too."

That, my friends, is the TRUTH

May God save us all!
Re: We Get 25 %, Sanusi Gets 50 %----says Bankole! (confessions Of A Thief) by violent(m): 2:09am On Dec 20, 2010
If we want to get this job done, you need to roughen it with the roughest of the society. They will come after you, if you dare to do what is right. They will come after your family. If you have a dog they will kill your dog too."

Bankole is now playing the victim, God save our country!

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Speaks To Vanguard: Obasanjo, Corruption & I / Sowore And His Lies / Adamawa Trends Globally On Twitter As Nigerians Tweet About Atiku’s Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.