Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,780 members, 7,955,982 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:25 PM

Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. (18596 Views)

COVID-19: Britain's Death Toll Rises To 36,675 / Covid 19: Global Death Rate For Today Alone Worrisome / US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by bluefilm: 7:44pm On Mar 02, 2020
safarigirl:
And not one death in Africa

So strange, isn't it?
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by yeyeosoronga: 7:55pm On Mar 02, 2020
mvem:
actually flu viruses don't do well in hot climates.HIV is not a flu virus

Flu virus is specifically the influenza virus, and not used for other respiratory viruses.
SARS, Mers Virus, Sars -Cov 2virus ( responsible for this corona virus disease 2019 epidermic) are all brothers from the Corona family, while the influenza virus is a cousin I guess.
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by yeyeosoronga: 8:01pm On Mar 02, 2020
bluefilm:

So strange, isn't it?
I dont think the SARS virus affected Africa either while it was at its peak. I may be wrong though.
Hopefully, this one too will pass us by, because if push comes to shove we dont have enough ICUs for those who may really need it, especially the elderly.
Everyone should just stick to the advice of handwashing/use of sanitizers; avoid public places like markets especially if you're elderly, pools,etc; use face mask if you have a cold (those without a cold are just wasting their time wearing face masks as it wouldn't protect them from the virus, but it may help prevent you from spreading it. It's even a breeding ground for bacteria sef); sneeze in tissue paper and discard immediately and afterwards sanitize your hands.
If you're I'll, stay home and quarantine yourself so you don't spread it.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by mvem(m): 8:25pm On Mar 02, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

Flu virus is specifically the influenza virus, and not used for other respiratory viruses.
SARS, Mers Virus, Sars -Cov 2virus ( responsible for this corona virus disease 2019 epidermic) are all brothers from the Corona family, while the influenza virus is a cousin I guess.
sure
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by Sexyliciousbri: 8:57pm On Mar 02, 2020
God protect me and my family
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by JustPerpetual(f): 9:03pm On Mar 02, 2020
Annneka101:
Nigerians should just stop exaggerating this thing. I was at the bank today and everyone was wearing mask including the bankers.

They will just make this mask scarce in the market and prices would be high. Let's be guided please.

There is no need to panic.
lipsrsealed
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by chizzyglow: 9:21pm On Mar 02, 2020
Anneka101:
Nigerians should just stop exaggerating this thing. I was at the bank today and everyone was wearing mask including the bankers.

They will just make this mask scarce in the market and prices would be high. Let's be guided please.

You dy mad ... wait till the virus starts with you
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by ogbu80(m): 9:48pm On Mar 02, 2020
IWTBAB:
dis virus is getting serious. how i wish it is a virus dat only kills the bad and wicked people in the world. Allah help us o
but no death of any black man has been recorded
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by ogbu80(m): 9:50pm On Mar 02, 2020
bjt:

Wipe out half of the universe with a snap of his fingers. grin grin grin. This one is with Corona virus
the real thanks....lol
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by skyfather09(m): 10:43pm On Mar 02, 2020
C-Virus, China division...
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 02, 2020
Franksomtoo:

And who told you that you are a good person?
ur pale did. mumu
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by kannymoore(m): 10:57pm On Mar 02, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

All viruses are not same. Corona is much like flu which thrives in cold weather (winter, fall)

Ehn.. but you made a blanket statement ñaw...

"Viruses don't do well in warm weather."

You lucky say I no add HIV join am!

grin
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by JJOF(m): 4:49am On Mar 03, 2020
aleeyus:
I see.
You watch one piece?
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by JJOF(m): 4:51am On Mar 03, 2020
CanadaOrBust:
Our weather will protect us.
Viruses don’t do well in hot weather.
Yeah just as the way HIV is not doing well here.
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by JJOF(m): 4:51am On Mar 03, 2020
FManager:
They are still angry that Africa isn't ravaged by this disease, bunch of arseholes
You are actually the arsehole. Mtchew.
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by JJOF(m): 4:53am On Mar 03, 2020
Manadan0000:
I see this virus as a creation of lab experiments here and there, very soon one country ll come out with the vaccine and medications, then other countries ll buy at a very exuberant amount and as well certain foreign juicy deals/agreements.
Before shey na Mars the cure wan come from? No be wan country for Earth go bring the cure? And it will either be a North American, European or Asian country.
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by Nobody: 4:55am On Mar 03, 2020
zoezoelogistics:
[s]I declare to you, if you believe , “none of this diseases shall come near you and your household. You shall be exempted by the blood of Jesus”.

Amen[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by JJOF(m): 4:57am On Mar 03, 2020
Zealoy:
That is more reason you need to buy this my hand sanitizer that kills germs and bacteria fast!
Price: #4500, call 08034323442
Is this the cure to Corona? (Just asking for a friend)
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by CanadaOrBust: 7:06am On Mar 03, 2020
JJOF:

Yeah just as the way HIV is not doing well here.

All viruses are not same. Corona is much like flu which thrives in cold weather (winter, fall)
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by Zealoy(m): 7:17am On Mar 03, 2020
JJOF:

Is this the cure to Corona? (Just asking for a friend)
preventive measures
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by ScanGist: 8:49am On Mar 03, 2020
safarigirl:
And not one death in Africa

Is it by force to reply with English ??
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by safarigirl(f): 8:58am On Mar 03, 2020
ScanGist:

Is it by force to reply with English ??
is it my fault that you have a limited scope of the language?

People that didn't study English past Brighter Grammar are really trying to come for my grasp of the language, the nerve!

Make sure you marry someone with an in-depth knowledge of English, because if it's all up to you, your kids are done for.
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by Bluntemperor: 11:18am On Mar 03, 2020
Anneka101:

Biko,the mask is already too scarce now.
a lady nurse told me yesterday that there is acute shortage of mask everywhere in the hospital.To worsen the situation,big and rich men,have invaded the Nigerian territory to hijack the price of item that was once N500 but today,mask is N6000-N8000! nobody wan die,even the big men of the town.
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by FManager(m): 2:02pm On Mar 03, 2020
JJOF:

You are actually the arsehole. Mtchew.

angry Remove your hand, let me slap that your mouth, remove it angry

Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by aleeyus(m): 10:29pm On Mar 03, 2020
JJOF:

You watch one piece?
one piece sweet my guy.
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by JJOF(m): 9:14am On Mar 04, 2020
aleeyus:

one piece sweet my guy.
Which ep you dey?
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by aleeyus(m): 10:23am On Mar 04, 2020
JJOF:

Which ep you dey?
Chapter 959
Re: Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. by JJOF(m): 10:37am On Mar 05, 2020
aleeyus:

Chapter 959

OO, Manga. But there wasn't any release last Sunday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines / Yuda Baldness and Beard Hair Regrowth Remedy / Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.