Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,468 members, 7,954,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:25 AM

Heckler Shouts Down Governor In Public Over Failure To Complete Hospital. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heckler Shouts Down Governor In Public Over Failure To Complete Hospital. (413 Views)

Abdullahi Adamu Shouts 'Praise The Lord' On Church's Pulpit (Video) / Saraki Mobbed With Shouts Of "OTunYa" As He Campaigns In Kwara (Photos) / Kenneth Okonkwo Disqualified By APC Over Failure To Buy N22M Nomination Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heckler Shouts Down Governor In Public Over Failure To Complete Hospital. by not4sure(m): 6:52pm On Mar 02, 2020
A heckler on Saturday at a public event shouted down Governor Muhammadu Badaru of Jigawa State over the failure of his government to complete hospital and road projects in Birnin Kudu Local Government Area of the state.

The governor was in the area to launch the educational assistance scheme of a lawmaker, Magaji Aliyu, for 5000 students.

From the podium, Mr Badaru was listing federal government projects in Jigawa when he was interrupted by the heckler.

The voice of the unidentified man rang out clear from the crowd, saying: “The road project you promised and the Birnin Kudu hospital project are yet to be executed.”

The angry man was obviously referring to the dilapidated road in his community and the controversial Birnin Kudu hospital project that has remained under construction for about a decade.

A flustered Mr Badaru swiftly responded: ” Have I ever made a promise that I didn’t fulfil? I will fulfil all my promises.”

Governor blames contractor

The governor went on to blame the contractor handling the hospital project, calling the unnamed contractor lazy.

“Even though, the contract was awarded by the preceding administration, I continued with the project. The project is sluggish because of the laziness of the contractor handling the project,” Mr Badaru explained.

“I have paid all the money needed to complete the hospital project. The contractor’s certificate never stayed longer than two weeks at my treasury.

“At a point, I decided to revoke the contract but the processes will be longer than the time needed to complete it. I assure you that the project will be commissioned this year,” Mr Badaru said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/379930-heckler-shouts-down-governor-in-public-over-failure-to-complete-hospital-road-projects.html

Re: Heckler Shouts Down Governor In Public Over Failure To Complete Hospital. by Citytrend: 6:52pm On Mar 02, 2020
Shameless dudes
Re: Heckler Shouts Down Governor In Public Over Failure To Complete Hospital. by oz4real83(m): 6:55pm On Mar 02, 2020
How I wish so much that the crowd would have supported the man in taking further action by pelting tge governor and his entourage with stones, rotten eggs/vegetables/fruits and satchet water. These failures, irrespective of political parties deserve stoning.
Re: Heckler Shouts Down Governor In Public Over Failure To Complete Hospital. by hisgrace090: 7:03pm On Mar 02, 2020
In abia state the revers is the case as they pamper ikeazu in every town be visited without any govt project or present to boast of.
Re: Heckler Shouts Down Governor In Public Over Failure To Complete Hospital. by Day169: 7:13pm On Mar 02, 2020
I think it's the governor who is too lazy to call the contractor to order.
To imagine that he said he had paid the contractor upfront suggests that he is complicit in the matter!

(1) (Reply)

Aye Naa'jim Gbefwi Constructs Bore Hole To Meet Up With Students Need For Water / A Man Attacks President Buhari In Kebbi State, Corona Virus At Work / Breaking: Appeal Court Reinstates Ifeanyi Uba As Senator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.