Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

The Menace Of Lagos LCDA Traffic Officers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Menace Of Lagos LCDA Traffic Officers (227 Views)

Traffic Officers Dressed Casually Doing Illegal Passing In Ojuelegba. VIDEO / Driver Strips Unclad, Climbs His Bus After It Was Impounded By Traffic Officers / Driver Strips Unclad As Edo State Traffic Officers Seize His Car Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Menace Of Lagos LCDA Traffic Officers by viqSmallz(m): 7:18pm On Mar 02, 2020
It is now an eyesore that in each LCDA we have hungry looking men in mufti and reflective jackets claiming to work for the Local council.
These men stands at strategic areas and extort unsuspecting motorist.
I had a bad experience with one set in the Egbe Idimu LCDA. I was taken to their LCDA office and my offense was wrong parking. This happened on a road I ply daily and with no signs of 'No Parking'.
A bill of NGN 25,000 was initially levied. I laughed and when they saw I was not yielding, one came up to me to say I should pay NGN15,000 I will be charged as a Keke Tricycle instead of a car.
Long and short was that I argued with them and parted with NGN1,500. Imagine that some people would have paid this sum.
Insider information is that this thrives because they remit monies to the LCDA chairmen.
These guys do not know jack about traffic laws. A friend had an experience with them and he said he just continued driving with one of them in his car. The man had to beg him to stop so he can alight since he didnt show any signs of fear.
After my experience I mailed a petition to Lagos State Governor, copying relevant commissioners up till now I didnt get any feedback. Not like I was expecting any jusy being hopeful.
My question now is what was LASTMA set up for?
Does the LCDA have the right to carry out these activity?
Any constitution or policy to this effect?
Has anyone experienced this?
Funny thing is they now commit this on conjunction with our Nigerian Police.

(1) (Reply)

Hookup Lovers Your Wait If Finally Over Register Now For The Best Romance / Nigeria Visa Firm Owned By Man On Fraud Charges. / Photos: Building Collapses And Kills Child In Onitsha.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.