Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,569 members, 7,823,487 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Pls Help My Civic 2001 Is Messing Up - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Pls Help My Civic 2001 Is Messing Up (592 Views)

lagos cleared Toyota Camry 2001 is SOLD! Glory be to God / Lagos Cleared Toyota Camry LE 2001 is sold sold . / Spotless Tin-can Cleared Toyota Camry 2001 is SOLD .Glory b 2 God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help My Civic 2001 Is Messing Up by mkyusuf: 11:42am On Dec 20, 2010
i dont know if there are peopple conversant with civic 2001,
mine is just 5 months old, Automatic gear, but when its in traffic it just go off and moves very slowly.

when it cools off. it would start moving normally and the temp. is not showing high on the speedometer.
pls let me have your veiws on this issue b'cos Mechanics hve tried to find whats wrong all to no avail.
Re: Pls Help My Civic 2001 Is Messing Up by femionasan(m): 11:59am On Dec 20, 2010
Let your mechanic check your fuel pump and also do a diagnostic check check on the vehicle.
Re: Pls Help My Civic 2001 Is Messing Up by sultaan(m): 12:19pm On Dec 20, 2010
your check engine light should be on get the codes pulled.

But first tell us if you had any service done recently.

Check your transmission fluid color and level, might be too low when hot.

Don't do anything until you check those things, just drive the car till its hot and check the fluids, if transmission fluid is foamy it might be low.
Re: Pls Help My Civic 2001 Is Messing Up by mkyusuf: 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2010
yes apart from changing the engine oil.
when the problem started, i changed the gear oil. then changed the air filter too.
the check engine light is still on anyway right from time.
Re: Pls Help My Civic 2001 Is Messing Up by sultaan(m): 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2010
Start with what the initial problem was and exactly what your mechanic did and the gear oil he used.
You have to pull the codes first becasue your first problem could have been something else, but you only made it worse by changing gear oil to cause other problems.

When your check engine light is on it means something is wrong, when you ignore it you are damaging your car, and the fault is all yours.
Re: Pls Help My Civic 2001 Is Messing Up by derrin: 9:36pm On Dec 21, 2010
I have the same car and a couple of months ago it was doing that too. Have your mechanic check the fuel pump, had mine changed and it went back to working just fine. Good luck!
Re: Pls Help My Civic 2001 Is Messing Up by AMADU77: 9:14pm On Dec 22, 2010
merry xmas bro and happy new year, i wish you can fix your car and relax of this wahala
with your honda civic follow these 2 steps :

1- listen to sultan kiss
2- listen to me , sell it and get a Mercedes Benz grin

thanks wink wink wink

(1) (Reply)

Car Swap For A Benz A 168 Picadilly Edition / Nissan Sunny For Sale @ 320k / 4sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.