Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,005 members, 7,866,812 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:00 AM

Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC (35586 Views)

Coronavirus: Marcelo Rebelo, Portuguese President To Be Quarantined For 2 Weeks / Coronavirus: Chikwe Ihekweazu Quarantined (Nigeria Disease Control Agency Boss) / Coronavirus: China Delivers Food To Quarantined People Through A Robot (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by naptu2: 8:23pm On Mar 03, 2020
nickxtra:
Whether Self Isolation or quarantine o, na the same thing with different English. All I know is that you just take a compulsory 14 days off public

naptu2:

Basically:

1) He is not sick (he doesn't have any symptoms of the disease).

2) He has tested negative for the virus

3) He is not being held at any hospital or facility

4) He has decided to stay at home voluntarily (nobody is forcing him to stay at home) for 14 days.

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 03, 2020
Larryndelaw:
How can he be on self isolation? Nah wah o.
Yes lots of people who went to the prone countries or one way or the other were in close contact with the affected go on self isolation.
It's the best preventive measure until incubation period passes, u will be safe to say u are not a carrier.
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by EmekaBlue(m): 8:33pm On Mar 03, 2020
solmus:

really, ehn come to lagos na let us take you to the yaba center and quarantine you with the italian
Italian for how many days and no new case.

Corona is as inactive

1 Like

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by solmus: 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2020
EmekaBlue:
Italian for how many days and no new case.

Corona is as inactive

14 days incubation period is critical, even HIV doesn't show immediately
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by lexy2014: 8:42pm On Mar 03, 2020
moscobabs:
If Govt refuses to regulate social media esp in Nigeria, we go just wake up one day and see the country on fire

Is it d same social media that d NCDC is using to report that its DG isn't quarantined that u want regulated? Was it social media that first reported that d DG was quarantined?
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by sammyLuvin(m): 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2020
solmus:
cool

so what's the difference between isolation and quarantine?

Self-isolation means he quarantined himself but was not quarantined by anyone.

1 Like

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by ReeLoaDead(m): 8:46pm On Mar 03, 2020
sammyLuvin:
Thank you for educating the public with that clear explanation.

1 Like

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by witworth(m): 8:55pm On Mar 03, 2020
Quarantine
A certain period of time during which a person is isolated to determine whether they've been infected with a contagious disease.

One of several same meaning of quarantine
- Oxford English dictionary

No difference between isolation and quarantine in this case
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by Tulsaguy: 8:58pm On Mar 03, 2020
grant the Italian man & DG disease control center who just arrived Nigeria access to Aso rock to brief buhari latest on Coronavirus globally.....

1 Like

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by Okoroawusa: 9:10pm On Mar 03, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

I am sure you don't know what it means to regulate social media especially in a country where touts carry gun and call themselves police or DSS.

If you know what the level of abuse of power in this country you will have a rethink.

He was quarantined or not quarantined how does it help the masses or did it remove anything from his personality. Give the demon in aso rock more power to oppress you. Ghana, South Africa, Togo and others don't call for regulation of social media it's only in nigeria.

Is fake news the reason we don't have good roads or security.
What exactly are you saying?

That the roads are bad should give me the audacity to post a story that you slept with your mother on the internet?
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by SoNature(m): 9:27pm On Mar 03, 2020
moscobabs:
If Govt refuses to regulate social media esp in Nigeria, we go just wake up one day and see the country on fire

Na you go set am on fire?

1 Like

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by karashita: 9:35pm On Mar 03, 2020
Anneka101:
We don't even know what to believe anymore, before we believe any news now I think we would have to wait for couple of days. I believe their would be another to counter this. I'm watching.

In fact,I weak.It is an embarassement that at a time like this,the health minister and the Centre are not on the same page.Too bad.

1 Like

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by karashita: 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2020
sammyLuvin:

You have a point but the truth of the matter is, the Centre need not counter the minister if they didn't feel he was implying something else.
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by Fragility6: 9:47pm On Mar 03, 2020
moscobabs:
As if dem neva set am on fire dierself
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by EmekaBlue(m): 10:25pm On Mar 03, 2020
solmus:

14 days incubation period is critical, even HIV doesn't show immediately
i bet it wont spread though
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by macklef(m): 12:31am On Mar 04, 2020
ecclize:
i thought they said face mask is not necessary?
asin eh im confused. dey say u should only use it wen u have d infection so as not to spread it to others. That covid is as a spread by contacting droplets from an index person.
So why are dey all putting masks, are dey infected?
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by Excuzeme: 3:48am On Mar 04, 2020
Jestin:
Black man and insincerity......

Dont mind the dishonest fool!

What is the difference between being Quarrantined and being Isolated, whether by self or by force?

useless, lying Chikwe Ihekweazu
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by mamaafrik(m): 4:53am On Mar 04, 2020
The people shaaa, goats everywhere
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by dingbang(m): 4:53am On Mar 04, 2020
DModeCntStopMe:
shocked

Useless country

What of his family members?

Assuming he tests positive which I pray he doesn't, what happens to his family members
just keep quiet
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by solmus: 6:30am On Mar 04, 2020
EmekaBlue:
i bet it wont spread though

amen

1 Like

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by naptu2: 7:21am On Mar 04, 2020
You can watch him on Sunrise Daily on Channels TV this morning.

He'll be answering questions about the virus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 10:36am On Mar 04, 2020
xcel88:
Four coronavirus suspected patients from China been isolated in university of Abuja teaching hospital today
O my Jesus cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wempco’s Machine Smashes Worker’s Head During Production(Picture) / Help!!!! Am I Losing My Sight?? / List Of Foods That Quicken The Ageing Process(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.