Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble (2481 Views)

Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King / Which Tribe Do You Love Most In Nigeria And Why? / Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by Nobody: 3:56am On Mar 04, 2020
On my mother's side we are creole.
Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by Nobody: 4:03am On Mar 04, 2020
My Mom would always get told that she looked like Sade when I was younger... She is very light and has her features.
Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by johnkey: 4:18am On Mar 04, 2020
Imperfectangel:
Hello smileyI received my dna results and they say that I am 49 percent Nigerian. I was hoping that someone would let me know which tribe my features resemble. It would be a great help in my search of me finding my roots.
Hi beautiful
Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by bigfrancis21: 4:21am On Mar 04, 2020
Imperfectangel:
On my mother's side we are creole.

Creole from which country?

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by Nobody: 6:10am On Mar 04, 2020
My mom's side is Louisiana Creole from America.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by Acidosis(m): 6:51am On Mar 04, 2020
Beckysexy:
The Igbira tribe

True. Ebira (Middlebelt)

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by Sammy07: 6:16pm On Mar 04, 2020
Imperfectangel:
Hello smileyI received my dna results and they say that I am 49 percent Nigerian. I was hoping that someone would let me know which tribe my features resemble. It would be a great help in my search of me finding my roots.

Your checks and lips BTW, you said you like spicy food.

You're probably 80 - 90% Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by Adeba01(m): 10:05pm On Mar 04, 2020
I think the OP is too exotic to resemble Yoruba, you clearly see in her admixture. Having been around Yoruba people she would not be able to pass completely.

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by RedboneSmith(m): 5:13am On Mar 05, 2020
I thought some of these ancestry tests are tribe-specific?

You're not going to get any reliable answer just by asking people to look at your facial features. Don't mind what anyone has been telling you. You can have that face and come from anywhere in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by RedboneSmith(m): 5:15am On Mar 05, 2020
Sammy07:

Your checks and lips BTW, you said you like spicy food.

You're probably 80 - 90% Yoruba

80 - 90% Yoruba? Lmao. She probably isn't even 90% Sub-Saharan African.

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by Sammy07: 6:28am On Mar 05, 2020
RedboneSmith:

80 - 90% Yoruba? Lmao. She probably isn't even 90% Sub-Saharan African.

She said her DNA test is 49% Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by RedboneSmith(m): 6:38am On Mar 05, 2020
Sammy07:

She said her DNA test is 49% Nigerian

I know. I read the post.

And you got 80 - 90% Yoruba from that?
Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by Sammy07: 6:47am On Mar 05, 2020
RedboneSmith:

I know. I read the post.

And you got 80 - 90% Yoruba from that?

Who doesn't know that Yorubas like spicy food..
Her facial looks self...and her lips

Igbos/Edo/Esan & others are more lighter than the OP.. And their facial looks is different from the OP...

She probably has a huge or curve hip
Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by Adeba01(m): 3:12pm On Mar 05, 2020
Sammy07:

Who doesn't know that Yorubas like spicy food..
Her facial looks self...and her lips

Igbos/Edo/Esan & others are more lighter than the OP.. And their facial looks is different from the OP...

She probably has a huge or curve hip

Not quite sure what is the stereotype and this belief that Yoruba women have huge or curve hips. There are many Yoruba women that do not have huge or curve hips. I have equally seen many Igbo women with huge or curve hips, so it is not a tribal thing.
I would actually say that most yoruba women do not have huge or curve hips.
Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by Adeba01(m): 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2020
Sammy07:

That may be true about there being Igbos/Edo/Esan individuals that are lighter than the OP but they do not form the majority but the minority. Most Igbos / Edo / Esan have beautiful dark chocolate brown skin colour. I actually question the purity of the light skin Igbos / Edo / Esan individuals I would not be surprised to find out they have some mixture
Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by Adeba01(m): 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2020
Besides it doesn't make much sense for light skin to exist in an African climate that is hot and humid
Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by Punishment1: 7:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
Adeba01:

That may be true about there being Igbos/Edo/Esan individuals that are lighter than the OP but they do not form the majority but the minority. Most Igbos / Edo / Esan have beautiful dark chocolate brown skin colour. I actually question the purity of the light skin Igbos / Edo / Esan individuals I would not be surprised to find out they have some mixture

Some Esans claim to have Portuguese ancestry.
Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
Punishment1:

Some Esans claim to have Portuguese ancestry.
you are right...it's very very common to see natury light skinned people in Esan...infact the traditional ruler of my place has a Portuguese ancestry...the ratio of black to fair people in Esan communities I know would be 5:3
Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by RedboneSmith(m): 8:44pm On Mar 05, 2020
Adeba01:

I thought we had stopped speculating that light-skinned Igbos necessarily have admixture.

There have been light-skinned Igbo girls who took genetic tests and came up with 0% non-African ancestry and 99.9% Sub-Saharan ancestry.

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by Punishment1: 9:23pm On Mar 05, 2020
Chidorx60:
you are right...it's very very common to see natury light skinned people in Esan...infact the traditional ruler of my place has a Portuguese ancestry...the ratio of black to fair people in Esan communities I know would be 5:3

Yup, are you from Ewohimi? Because the Onojie of Ewohimi is a very fair skinned man.
Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by Adeba01(m): 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2020
RedboneSmith:
[/b]

I thought we had stopped speculating that light-skinned Igbos necessarily have admixture.

There have been light-skinned Igbo girls who took genetic tests and came up with 0% non-African ancestry and 99.9% Sub-Saharan ancestry.

I am sorry, not that I am disagreeing with you but I am highly sceptical of these genetic tests, I find them dubious, if I may ask you if light skin Igbos have no admixture, then why do dark skin Igbos exist?
Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 05, 2020
Punishment1:

Yup, are you from Ewohimi? Because the Onojie of Ewohimi is a very fair skinned man.
No....but the onojie of my place is also a very fair skinned man from his own father to his own son the crown prince...... and I'm from uromi
Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by YungMillionaire: 12:02am On Mar 06, 2020
This one is a Yoruba woman. I don't need to check no DNA. I am willing to bet that she's got a great yanch too - typical Yoruba yanch

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by RedboneSmith(m): 12:23am On Mar 06, 2020
Adeba01:

I am sorry, not that I am disagreeing with you but I am highly sceptical of these genetic tests, I find them dubious, if I may ask you if light skin Igbos have no admixture, then why do dark skin Igbos exist?

This is like asking: If red-haired Scots are not an admixture, then why do black-haired Scots exist?

Skin colour variation can exist (and does exist) in African populations without necessary genetic input from Eurasia, same way hair colour and eye colour variation exists all over northern Europe.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by Punishment1: 12:24am On Mar 06, 2020
Chidorx60:

No....but the onojie of my place is also a very fair skinned man from his own father to his own son the crown prince...... and I'm from uromi

Oh yes, Uromi in particular has a deep history with the Portuguese. In fact, the first Onojie of Uromi, Ijesan was a half-caste.
Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by Baroba(m): 12:39am On Mar 08, 2020
Nigerians love to claim, if these were ugly pictures watch them deny you, my dear you could easily be from any of the ethnic groups littered all over Nigeria, I have seen women like you in Igbo, Yoruba, Delta And Edo...

The only way to truly find out is a DNA test..
Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 10, 2020
Re: Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble by bogdaddy(m): 9:29am On Mar 17, 2020
Folakemi from Ogun State. (YORUBA).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oba Of Ibadan Olubadan Insists Ezendi Igbo Must Operate Under Obas. / Lying! Lies That Have Become A Norm To Nigerians / Contemporary Nigerian Societies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.