Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy (40487 Views)

Africa Day 2020: President Buhari Preaches Peace Across The Continent / Nigeria Re-emergence As Africa’s Biggest Economy, An Economic Scorecard Of PMB / Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by CanadaOrBust: 4:45pm On Mar 04, 2020
JaceBlaze:

justtoodark:

only loosers cancel and say nothing....

Only losers cancel and say nothing.
Nairaland ought to start banning people who do that
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by JaceBlaze: 5:02pm On Mar 04, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Only loosers cancel and say nothing.
Nairaland will soon start banning people that do it
Some things are not worth the finger strokes.We strike out rubbish and move on.
Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by JaceBlaze: 5:12pm On Mar 04, 2020
justtoodark:

you learned a bad habit on nairaland....
it makes no sense to cancel my opinion....
just counter it and move on....

I learned a bad habit? what habit is that? shocked grin

My belle wan struggle catch breath from dis laff

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by CanadaOrBust: 5:18pm On Mar 04, 2020
JaceBlaze:
Some things are not worth the finger strokes.We strike out rubbish and move on.

#OnlyLosersCancelAndSayNothing
Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by JaceBlaze: 5:21pm On Mar 04, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

#OnlyLoosersCancelAndSayNothing
Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by CanadaOrBust: 5:23pm On Mar 04, 2020
justtoodark:

you learned a bad habit on nairaland....
it makes no sense to cancel my opinion....
just counter it and move on....

BTW I just checked. The correct spelling is LOSER
Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by Olumyco(m): 5:24pm On Mar 04, 2020
What kind of news is this? Nigeria has always been number one since 2014 and up till now she has not given up the position. GDP is calculated annually. Can anyone provide me the GDP statistics of a year between 2014 and now where South Africa returned to number one? Why is everybody here reacting to this news as if we are just taking the position of number one. Are Nigerians not up to date again? How can we be talking about something that does not exist? Nigeria has always been number one in terms of largest GDP and no country up till now has been able to challenge it since 2014... not even 2 yes ago when we were in recession on the continent. Let's not encourage this kind of news. It's shows we don't understand the economic world and we are not well informed

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by Goziesolar: 5:32pm On Mar 04, 2020
Officialgarri:
I thought they said Buhari is a disaster, so where's all these good news coming from. ?

We wailers can't stop crying after hearing good news.

Another will still join you with "audio economy" even if the source is Bloomberg.
before inauguration of this govt the Nigerian economy came tops above that of southafrica ,its not a new feat.recession was what let us slide back to second position
Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by Legendguru: 5:57pm On Mar 04, 2020
Lies
Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by baganas: 5:57pm On Mar 04, 2020
GamalNasser:
Not because Nigeria Economy grew under Buhari but because the SA Economy has encountered a temporary slump
Nigeria's economy nko? Who told you that when Nigeria's economy slums it's permanent. Drop in global oil price affects all oil producing countries and there's nothing Buhari or any other president could do. That Nigeria is the largest economy in sub Saharan Africa is something to appreciate and celebrate rather than fall into willing mode

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by enemybulldozer(m): 6:01pm On Mar 04, 2020
Magicians:
Great igbo that can't fight successfully for it own freedom something black Sudan, Eritrea and many other smaller country did. Your entire tribe need to commit suicide out of shame instead of boasting or bragging over failure.

Igbo hating Buhari is no news considering your forefathers inherited sorrow of wail from claim by the same igbo that you are hated by Ikwerre Hausa Kanuri Fulani Yoruba South Africans Malaysian Singaporeans Indians Arabs Chinese Mongolian Ghanaian Togolese n several others.

A common trait among Igbo is being nurtured from the womb by bigoted parents with irredeemable hate, acute bigotry n extreme foolishness so no surprises from where you are coming from.

What do you mean by we the great Igbos can't fight successfully for our own freedom??
We the great Igbos fought the world for 3yrs and that is something your tribe cannot do. Instead of you to hail and praise my tribe for job well done, you're here yapping out of hate and jealousy.

I don't blame you because the kind of hate and bile your tribe exhibits on Igbos is not of this world. You people are being nurtured from the womb by bigoted parents to irredeemable hate, tribalism, double standards, lies, propaganda, Hypocrisy, acute mental imbalance and jealousy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by enemybulldozer(m): 6:06pm On Mar 04, 2020
justtoodark:

who gave una the title great....??
remember people that called themselves great....??
who are they today....??
hubris....
God almighty made us great and you know it. Is that greed, hate and jealousy will not allow you to acknowledge that.
Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by Magicians: 6:13pm On Mar 04, 2020
You are a cursed soul.

If you should be praised for losing a war what should be done when you win one. Your father should be use as sacrificial lamb to celebrate the victory or what ?!

enemybulldozer:
What do you mean by we the great Igbos can't fight successfully for our own freedom??
We the great Igbos fought the world for 3yrs and that is something your tribe cannot do. Instead of you to hail and praise my tribe for job well done, you're here yapping out of hate and jealousy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by enemybulldozer(m): 6:24pm On Mar 04, 2020
Magicians:
You are a cursed soul.

If you should be praised for losing a war what should be done when you win one. Your father should be use as sacrificial lamb to celebrate the victory or what ?!

You're a cursed and doomed soul. Definitely hell awaits you.

The British in particular won the civil war for your beloved contraption you should be ashamed of everybody that fought that war against the Great Igbos (including your father) for not doing it alone.
Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by Magicians: 6:34pm On Mar 04, 2020
The Russia n Iran are still fighting against the rebels in Syria yet over 10 years they have not been conquered. Yet one foolish tribe that was beaten blue-black within less than 3 years with over 4-5 million death without achieving the independence it fought is celebrating it failure. Na sledge hammer dem suppose use flog your foolish head.

enemybulldozer:
You're a cursed and doomed soul. Definitely hell awaits you.

The British in particular won the civil war for your beloved contraption you should be ashamed of everybody that fought that war against the Great Igbos (including your father) for not doing it alone.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by enemybulldozer(m): 6:52pm On Mar 04, 2020
Magicians:
The Russia n Iran are still fighting against the rebels in Syria yet over 10 years they have not been conquered. Yet one foolish tribe that was beaten blue-black within less than 3 years with over 4-5 million death without achieving the independence it fought is celebrating it failure. Na sledge hammer dem suppose use flog your foolish head.

Point of correction, the Russia and Iran is just two countries. The case of the rebels Russia and Iran is fighting is different from that of biafra.

Biafra fought the world for three whole years with nothing. Your tribe couldn't even win dahomey pregnant women in a war during oyo empire let alone fighting a world war.

You are suppose to be beating very well with a sledgehammer for not understanding what it means to fight the world with nothing.
Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by Uchek(m): 7:12pm On Mar 04, 2020
Are you not ashamed that Nigeria with at least 100 million people is being compared with South Africa with one-third of its population?

Rossinnki:

Mehn, but we carry weight for this continent sha.. smiley

Dammit. grin

In fact, looking at the above statement, one might as well say that without Nigeria, there is nothing like Africa.

Yet some idiots want to split up this country into little, inconsequential Liberias. When you sneeze nobody will notice.

Rubbish.
Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by Uchek(m): 7:16pm On Mar 04, 2020
Thank you my brother. I'm Biafra - Africa Died!

saaron:
If Biafra were independent nation from 1966 to date, the country will be dragging economic might with Asian tigers like China, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia etc, not South Africa. Biafra would have launch Africa positively on the world map as a black economy powerhouse. A people that could organized themselves to manufacture Amoured tanks and spectacular weapons from scratch to hold Nigeria for 3 good years to the amazement of America and Europe shows the ability and ingenuity of Biafrans. Biafra would have join the like of America and Russia as major arms suppliers in the world!
Now imagine them channeling that same energy and spirit to develop their country economically? The black race would have gain more respect today. But because of the virus of One Nigeria, that reality was dashed - (but not forever, Biafra will raise again).
Nigeria is nothing but a glorified village. A country cursed with mediocrity, terrorism, quota system, and the ''Put them down Syndrome.''
Nigeria can't even boast of a world class city. Countries like Ivory Coast have better and well developed cities than Nigeria.
The fact that the God forsaken country is even struggling economically with South Africa is a big shame because Nigeria's economy was on the same level with South Korea in 1960. Today South Korea is not only competing with China, the country has world class companies competing with the likes of Apple and General Mottors of America! And we here celebrating mediocrity. What's the benefit of being Africa's largest economy when we can't even manufacture pencils? Does Nigeria have a functional steel company? How can Nigeria become an industrial manufacturing hub when common Abeokuta steel complex is in shambles? Nigeria is nothing but a failed state!
South Africa's economy, as it is even in recession is still by far more robust and developed in manufacturing, service industry, commerce, power, infrastructure than Nigeria. Remove crude oil from the country's economy and Nigeria will disappear from the world map!
Total division of Nigeria is the only way out of this perennial economic calamity that is Nigeria.
ONE NIGERIA IS DEAD!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by MPSA(m): 7:23pm On Mar 04, 2020
The Downfall of SA is a success of Naija, The sooner People understand this formula the better, This formula is very simple, Forget about GDP Story, This formula is the main thing here, Well done Guys grin
Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by Magicians: 8:17pm On Mar 04, 2020
Bro no kill me with laf abeg !

Biafra fought the world n you no be German.
Nobody in Europe Asia or America even know of a thing tagged Biafra nor a tribe labelled Igbo.

Bro go join social media make u de do comedy skit you too funny abeg. I take back all my rude comment over this your globe award wining joke.

enemybulldozer:
Point of correction, the Russia and Iran is just two countries. The case of the rebels Russia and Iran is fighting is different from that of biafra.

Biafra fought the world for three whole years with nothing. Your tribe couldn't even win dahomey pregnant women in a war during oyo empire let alone fighting a world war.

You are suppose to be beating very well with a sledgehammer for not understanding what it means to fight the world with nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by nku5: 8:26pm On Mar 04, 2020
S.A. is a mess. Nigeria becoming no.1 has nothing to do with Buhari abeg. 0.5kg package I sent to that country by courier they charged the receiver import duty and all manner of nonsense tariffs. Owu day blow them shege.

The ANC has really ruined that country since they got independence. The party has served its purpose in leading the fight for freedom. There needs to be a shift before things get too bad
Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by Rossinnki: 9:01pm On Mar 04, 2020
chukel:
Nigerians are totally horrible. How people will stay and be so unpatriotic baffles me. You wish the country in which you live bad. Is that not a psychiatric disorder. I was travelling by road yesterday and I was all smiles as I drove on the enugu/PH road being worked on by this government. God will continue to bless buhari.

Many Nigerians are sadists who actually desire ill for the nation just so they can do what they love doing - blaming govt. That blaming they do fills a psychological need in them to be 'better' than 'the other', which in their case is ''our leaders''. Without being able to do that, many of them would simply not know what to do with themselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by dingbang(m): 9:09pm On Mar 04, 2020
Did the value of naira also increase?
Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by efficiencie(m): 10:24pm On Mar 04, 2020
saaron:
If Biafra were independent nation from 1966 to date, the country will be dragging economic might with Asian tigers like China, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia etc, not South Africa. Biafra would have launch Africa positively on the world map as a black economy powerhouse. A people that could organized themselves to manufacture Amoured tanks and spectacular weapons from scratch to hold Nigeria for 3 good years to the amazement of America and Europe shows the ability and ingenuity of Biafrans. Biafra would have join the like of America and Russia as major arms suppliers in the world!
Now imagine them channeling that same energy and spirit to develop their country economically? The black race would have gain more respect today. But because of the virus of One Nigeria, that reality was dashed - (but not forever, Biafra will raise again).
Nigeria is nothing but a glorified village. A country cursed with mediocrity, terrorism, quota system, and the ''Put them down Syndrome.''
Nigeria can't even boast of a world class city. Countries like Ivory Coast have better and well developed cities than Nigeria.
The fact that the God forsaken country is even struggling economically with South Africa is a big shame because Nigeria's economy was on the same level with South Korea in 1960. Today South Korea is not only competing with China, the country has world class companies competing with the likes of Apple and General Mottors of America! And we here celebrating mediocrity. What's the benefit of being Africa's largest economy when we can't even manufacture pencils? Does Nigeria have a functional steel company? How can Nigeria become an industrial manufacturing hub when common Abeokuta steel complex is in shambles? Nigeria is nothing but a failed state!
South Africa's economy, as it is even in recession is still by far more robust and developed in manufacturing, service industry, commerce, power, infrastructure than Nigeria. Remove crude oil from the country's economy and Nigeria will disappear from the world map!
Total division of Nigeria is the only way out of this perennial economic calamity that is Nigeria.
ONE NIGERIA IS DEAD!

Your country would not even drag economic might with Somalia...pinning the excuse of the failure of your leaders on their failed attempt at secession is just childish - I think I need to apologize to children worldwide for considering this childish. Your leaders have done nothing to reign in the most important resources of the East - people and time - towards building an East that could grow into a giant powerful enough to challenge Nigeria as a whole...I can guess you will still be complaining about the misdeeds of your leaders as much as you are complaining about the leaders of Nigeria today...well yes, that is all you can possibly do...complain!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by bluefilm: 10:37pm On Mar 04, 2020
Area4Area:
I'm sure if it was Nigeria that was said to have gone into recession again you'd have been happy and cursing Buhari, Tinubu and APC.
Abeg go siddon abeg, Nigeria's economy is the largest on the continent and economic growth is getting faster, deal with that for now.

Why are you cussing him out?

Both of you are right.
Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by Rossinnki: 10:45pm On Mar 04, 2020
Uchek:
Are you not ashamed that Nigeria with at least 200 million people is being compared with South Africa with one-third of its population?

Nothing to be ashamed of. South Africa began developing at least a century before Nigeria. Unlike in SA, the colonialists came to Nigeria to loot and build nothing. Our first power plant, Kainji Dam, was commissioned in 1964 by Balewa. Our first university, Ibadan, was in 1962. SA has been building all those things, plus engineering factories and industries, from the EARLY 1800s.

The colonialists reinvested export proceeds into the country right from the start because of the large white settler population there who considered it their country. That is why they are ahead of other African nations today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by PHijo(m): 11:27pm On Mar 04, 2020
Rossinnki:

Nothing to be ashamed of. South Africa began developing at least a century before Nigeria. Unlike in SA, the colonialists came to Nigeria to loot and build nothing. Our first power plant, Kainji Dam, was commissioned in 1964 by Balewa. Our first university, Ibadan, was in 1962. SA has been building all those things, plus engineering factories and industries, from the EARLY 1800s.

The colonialists reinvested export proceeds into the country right from the start because of the large white settler population there who considered it their country. That is why they are ahead of other African nations today.

Still that is no excuse. Rwanda gain independence after Nigeria, same with Kenya.

Nigerians have refused to tell themselves the truth about their country and the way forward.
Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by justtoodark: 12:03am On Mar 05, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

BTW I just checked. The correct spelling is LOSER

and....!!??

wetin consign....
you understood the message....
why are you people trying to speak english better than english people themselves....??
Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by justtoodark: 12:53am On Mar 05, 2020
efficiencie:

Your country would not even drag economic might with Somalia...pinning the excuse of the failure of your leaders on their failed attempt at secession is just childish - I think I need to apologize to children worldwide for considering this childish. Your leaders have done nothing to reign in the most important resources of the East - people and time - towards building an East that could grow into a giant powerful enough to challenge Nigeria as a whole...I can guess you will still be complaining about the misdeeds of your leaders as much as you are complaining about the leaders of Nigeria today...well yes, that is all you can possibly do...complain!!!

abegi,they are not even ready for another war....

biafra my foot....
a simple military task like python,they start crying un,animal kingdom and what not....
it was not even a war declation on biafra sef....!!
they flooded the ol internet with pictures of atrocities....

fighting against this online chest-beaters make no sense....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by CanadaOrBust: 12:55am On Mar 05, 2020
justtoodark:

and....!!??

wetin consign....
you understood the message....
why are you people trying to speak english better than english people themselves....??

NL people!!
I was just being a nice guy sharing what I just found out. Obviously I didn’t know that was the correct spelling myself. Geez!
Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by PHijo(m): 9:33am On Mar 05, 2020
MPSA:
The Downfall of SA is a success of Naija, The sooner People understand this formula the better, This formula is very simple, Forget about GDP Story, This formula is the main thing here, Well done Guys grin

Your formula is flawed! On the contrary, both countries should be working together for the common good of their people.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy by Em5(m): 12:49pm On Mar 05, 2020
myobjective:

The biggest problem here is that the population is exploding at 3% per annum without any effort to diversify away from crude or reduce the population to reflect our economic reality.

I don't consider what we are expressing as steady progress, more people are sliding into poverty annually. Agriculture and small scale industries which should be engine of growth is seriously ampere by current insecurity and economic policies of the government.

We the citizens also have a role to play, by investing more into our small scale, agro processing and small scale mining. We also need to reduce our birth rate considerably and our taste for foreign goods.

I agree with you, we definitely need to do more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Oracle Predicts Victory For Jonathan In 28 States / APC Crisis: Buhari Moves To Pacify Tinubu With More Ministerial Nominees-Tribune / Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.