Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,654 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State (3497 Views)

Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Be Crowned As King In His Home Town Otun Ekiti / Actor Odunlade Adekola Pictured At The Inauguration Ceremony In Ekiti / I Can Dump Acting For Marriage – Nkechi Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by SleekGist: 5:53am On Mar 04, 2020
Great news  for one of Nollywood most sought-after Yoruba actors, Odunlade Adekola, as he is been favoured to become a king of his town.

Born and bred in Abeokuta but Odunlade is from Otun Ekiti, Ekiti State. He’s from a prominent royal family (Iletun). And his name would tell you more about family lineage. SleekGist reports.

The talented actor was born on 31 December 1978 in Abeokuta, Ogun State. He attended St John’s Primary School and St. Peter’s College in Abeokuta, obtaining the West African School Certificate Examination before he proceeded to Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, where he received a diploma certificate. He proceeded to further his education and in May 2018 he received a degree in Bachelors of Business Administration at the University of Lagos. In 2019, the late Oba Adedapo Popoola, who was the king of Otun Ekiti, joined his ancestor and since then the throne has been vacant.

Few days ago, there were rumours that Some ruling houses had raised the alarm that the kingmakers allegedly assembled themselves in a secret location to select one of the contestants for the stool without carrying the government along. This development created unnecessary tension in the community not until the government representatives led by the Deputy Governor, Otunba Bisi Egbeyemi intervened. The five ruling houses in Otun Ekiti are: Iyaba, Iletun, Imuya, Obajewu and Odo Imo. The Omuya royal family produced the late Oba Popoola. The monarch, who was a former chairman of the state’s council of Obas between 2006 and 2008 died at the age of 62. The kingmakers have also been warned against violating the State Chieftaincy Law and due process in the selection of the next monarch for the town. And every step taken would get the approval of the state governor, Dr Fayemi.

The big news now is that popular Yoruba actor, Odunlade Adekola, who is from Iletun royal family in Otun Ekiti has been tipped as the new Oba of the town. He has been chosen by his royal family to represent them. According to our source, it’s the turn of Odunlade family to produce the next Oba of the town because it’s rotational. The Imuya royal family has served their term as they produced the late Oba and it’s now Odunlade family.

And one of the advantages Odunlade have over others candidate is his closeness to the governor of the state. He is also a big star and that will surely make him the candidate to beat, according to our inside source. The talented actor began acting in 1996, the same year he joined the Association of Nigeria Theatre Arts practitioners. He has starred in, scripted, produced and directed several Nigerian films over the years. In April 2014, he won the Africa Movie Academy Award for best actor of the year. In December 2015, he marked his entrance into the Nigerian music industry. He has won City People Award as Best Actor for over 5 years.

He gained popularity with his lead role in Ishola Durojaye’s 2003 movie, Asiri Gomina Wa, and has acted in multiple Nollywood movies since then. He is the CEO of Odunlade Adekola Film Production (OAFP). SleekGist reports.

The big question now is, will he abandon acting and big endorsement to become Oba?
https://sleekgist.com/entertainment/actor-odunlade-adekola-set-to-dump-acting-for-the-throne-as-he-has-been-tipped-to-be-the-next-king-of-his-hometown/

1 Like

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by Oloki: 5:57am On Mar 04, 2020
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by Oloki: 5:57am On Mar 04, 2020
read it somewhere
I thought it was a joke
anyway, long life your royal Highness
but wait o, has he ever lived or participated in the development of the town?
or is the kingship base on popularity?
just asking...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by odave: 6:03am On Mar 04, 2020
If Nigerian law is to be applied to the letter here, he is more eligible for anything in Abeokuta than in Otun. Even if you stay somewhere for just 10 years, you can contest for whatever you wish there.

But we all know this is not possible grin it's just on paper. I doubt if he can even speak good ekiti dialect. His acting career is about to be cut short.

King of meme
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by jeffizy(m): 6:10am On Mar 04, 2020
King of Meme, gravitating towards King in Ekiti.

Win-win Odunlade.

2 Likes

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by yanabasee(m): 6:51am On Mar 04, 2020
Dude's full of life..... More grace....

2 Likes

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by NobleAngell(f): 7:20am On Mar 04, 2020
Oh no... that would be a major loss for the Yoruba movie industry. I pray he has a change of heart. Let his brother(if he has any) ascend the throne instead.
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by igwe18(m): 7:59am On Mar 04, 2020
Laz ekwueme did not dump acting, he is the igwe of oko!
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by victorian(f): 8:13am On Mar 04, 2020
Congrats! King Adekola Odunlade cheesy

If I were the one, I would dump acting and focus on benefits from the royal throne.

He's blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by dangotesmummy: 8:14am On Mar 04, 2020
He should not go near traditional rulership because his acting career will die ... you have a stable career and everyone knows you're good at what you do so face it and leave obaship for people that don't have anything going on for them
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by Rollymax77(m): 8:20am On Mar 04, 2020
GOD DOES ALL THINGS IN A MIRACULOUS WAY. I WISH SUCCESS AND LONG LIVE ON THE THRONE. THATS AN ADVANTAGE FOR HIM AND HIS PEOPLE HE WILL BRING FOCUS TO HIS TOWN

1 Like

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by Stillthebest: 9:33am On Mar 04, 2020
dangotesmummy:
He should not go near traditional rulership because his acting career will die ... you have a stable career and everyone knows you're good at what you do so face it and leave obaship for people that don't have anything going on for them

His acting career will soon fade away and he will blame himself later in the future if he doesn't embrace this opportunity.
Especially if he loves to be a king but had dropped it because of the acting career!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by dangotesmummy: 10:16am On Mar 04, 2020
Stillthebest:

His acting career will soon fade away and he will blame himself later in the future if he doesn't embrace this opportunity.
Especially if he loves to be a king but had dropped it because of the acting career!
well he has hotel investments already
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by Iceyjay(m): 10:36am On Mar 04, 2020
I like this guy, wish him the best though.

1 Like

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by ShayGirl(f): 10:51am On Mar 04, 2020
Eeyah...would really miss him in movies if he becomes king ..One of my favourites.

1 Like

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by Nehyooh(m): 1:55pm On Mar 04, 2020
dangotesmummy:
He had made name for himself in acting already. Seriously I really want Odunlade to become a King
I just like that Guy !
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by dangotesmummy: 2:57pm On Mar 04, 2020
Nehyooh:
He had made name for himself in acting already. Seriously I really want Odunlade to become a King
I just like that Guy !
well,it might not be the best for him but the Ball is in his court to make the decision that he thinks is best for him.hes an adult

Those people will now make him start living a life of a wealthy illiterate.accumulating wives and perpetually wearing white garments
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by Liposure: 5:55pm On Mar 04, 2020
victorian:
Congrats! King Adekola Odunlade cheesy

If I were the one, I would dump acting and focus on benefits from the royal throne.

He's blessed.
vicky, u too like beta thing
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by victorian(f): 6:31pm On Mar 04, 2020
Liposure:

Yes o! cheesy

And moreover I'm a royal blood too. I love associating with Kings and Princes.
My uncle before he died last year December was a paramount ruler in delta state.
I'm attracted to royalty. It's my calling cheesy

Guy! Seems u like reading all my comments on nairaland. I see you everywhere I turn here.

How are u doing?
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by Liposure: 7:25pm On Mar 04, 2020
victorian:

Yes o! cheesy

And moreover I'm a royal blood too. I love associating with Kings and Princes.
My uncle before he died last year December was a paramount ruler in delta state.
I'm attracted to royalty. It's my calling cheesy

Guy! Seems u like reading all my comments on nairaland. I see you everywhere I turn here.

How are u doing?
fine. no wonder u talk like a queen u wood soon be. I must be blessed. long live your highness
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by Nehyooh(m): 8:56pm On Mar 04, 2020
dangotesmummy:
well,it might not be the best for him but the Ball is in his court to make the decision that he thinks is best for him.hes an adult

Those people will now make him start living a life of a wealthy illiterate.accumulating wives and perpetually wearing white garments
No I don't concur to that. He's educated, so he's not an illiterate in the first place; don't tell me someone like OONI OF IFE live a life of illiterate. As for accumulating wives, that can't be forced on him to do; it's personal preference.

1 Like

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by Nehyooh(m): 8:57pm On Mar 04, 2020
Liposure:
You nko ? grin
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by victorian(f): 9:00am On Mar 05, 2020
Liposure:
fine. no wonder u talk like a queen u wood soon be. I must be blessed. long live your highness

Smiles you are mouthed smiley

Amen to the long life smiley

Thanks dear..

How's today going?
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by Liposure: 9:19am On Mar 05, 2020
victorian:

Smiles you are mouthed smiley
Amen to the long life smiley

Thanks dear..
How's today going?
fine
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Set To Dump Acting For The Throne In Ekiti State by victorian(f): 9:48am On Mar 05, 2020
Liposure:
fine

Cool

Same here

(1) (Reply)

A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood / 2baba Reacts To Show Poster With Burna Boy’s Name In Larger Fonts As Opposed To / First Black Man To Buy 2014 Bentley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.