Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,274 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Stop Saying I'm Sorry. It Makes You Look Local, But Rather Use These Words - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Stop Saying I'm Sorry. It Makes You Look Local, But Rather Use These Words (7501 Views)

Most People Don't Know That These Words Exist. / Stop Saying "Up Nepa", This Is The Correct English To Use / Stop Saying “how Was Your Night”, Here’s What To Say Instead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Saying I'm Sorry. It Makes You Look Local, But Rather Use These Words by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:25pm On Mar 04, 2020
@OP, no vex undecided
Re: Stop Saying I'm Sorry. It Makes You Look Local, But Rather Use These Words by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 04, 2020
Oghenerobo2002:
If I tell u 'I'm sorry' n u r not okay, I'll just leave u. What arrogance!!

1 Like

Re: Stop Saying I'm Sorry. It Makes You Look Local, But Rather Use These Words by agentarcher(m): 11:33pm On Mar 04, 2020
There is nothing local about saying sorry
Re: Stop Saying I'm Sorry. It Makes You Look Local, But Rather Use These Words by chiboyjohn: 3:42am On Mar 05, 2020
Davash222:
“Sorry about that” and “I’m sorry” are they not the same
Not the same,, one stated who is sorry and the other didn't
Re: Stop Saying I'm Sorry. It Makes You Look Local, But Rather Use These Words by femi4: 5:49am On Mar 05, 2020
Gjrich:
Nowadays, the word ”I’m sorry” has become normal to some people they find it difficult to accept the word due to the way people often use it.

It is just an ordinary word to them. They say it anyhow expecting the other person to accept the apology.

One will tell the other one “I’m sorry” and the other fires back “is it sorry that I’ll eat”.

Therefore, here are ten other ways you can exhibit your remorsefulness without sounding cruel:

I apologise…

I had that wrong…

I take full responsibility…

It was all my fault…

How stupid/careless/thoughtless of me…

My mistake..

Pardon me…

Oh, my bad.

That was wrong of me…

Sorry about that.
you can put the blame on me grin
Re: Stop Saying I'm Sorry. It Makes You Look Local, But Rather Use These Words by HonourableNiyi(m): 5:50am On Mar 05, 2020
I rather use the phrase "many thanks for understanding", and I'm usually sincere about it.
Re: Stop Saying I'm Sorry. It Makes You Look Local, But Rather Use These Words by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:17am On Mar 05, 2020
Basildvalour:
I'm sorry--------Sorry for yourself grin

Nigerian mothers and those mean Primary school class teachers! cheesy
Re: Stop Saying I'm Sorry. It Makes You Look Local, But Rather Use These Words by chachanga: 8:23am On Mar 05, 2020
BERNIMOORE:
Some people are just inhuman, I tell you their Madness is in Grades, the one that abhor 'I am sorry' at full grade will sounds like this with your suggestions

I apologise…Eat your Apology

I had that wrong…i hope it's not me you're telling that rubbish?

I take full responsibility…Why not take half responsibility?

It was all my fault…Umn Umn its my own fault blockhead

How stupid/careless/thoughtless of me…So you knew all these yet you still exhibit your foolishness

My mistake..Stop telling us what we know!

Pardon me…Go elsewhere to beg for pardon

Oh, my bad.....What is this one talking about?

That was wrong of me…I am not asking you, OK?

Sorry about that....Go and eat your sorry

It can go on and on, Craze people full naija. Some don't just want you to sound very intelligent they are bent on keeping you looking miserable... Just by luck you meet a good person, 'sorry' alone, he/ she moves on.

I wanted to say they should go try it with their civil servants at the secretariats or the police, FSARS, Customs etc and get eaten raw grin
Re: Stop Saying I'm Sorry. It Makes You Look Local, But Rather Use These Words by Techcornerng(m): 8:52am On Mar 05, 2020
Hello everyone, Corona Or No Corona, we all must die at the time God wants us to die if God permit Corona to affect us so be it if HE will it, and for we expecting Mr. president to talk on this issue, I feel he supposed to at least show concern to the citizens, it will cost him nothing to do so...
And as we are focusing on #CORONA, let us not forget the issue affecting us in Lagos.
Many Issues sprang up recently about the #Okada and #Keke Ban, and I believe is also a #National concern, we have to react to this if not very soon the Government will also place a ban on the amount of air every Nigerian[/b]must breathe in a day[b]>>>>>

HEAR WHAT LAGOSIANS ARE SAYING ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZVnn5eqVAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbyGFQKkYeg&t=180s
Re: Stop Saying I'm Sorry. It Makes You Look Local, But Rather Use These Words by dollarsignbloga(f): 9:25am On Mar 05, 2020
Gjrich:
Nowadays, the word ”I’m sorry” has become normal to some people they find it difficult to accept the word due to the way people often use it.

It is just an ordinary word to them. They say it anyhow expecting the other person to accept the apology.

One will tell the other one “I’m sorry” and the other fires back “is it sorry that I’ll eat”.

Therefore, here are ten other ways you can exhibit your remorsefulness without sounding cruel:

I apologise…

I had that wrong…

I take full responsibility…

It was all my fault…

How stupid/careless/thoughtless of me…

My mistake..

Pardon me…

Oh, my bad.

That was wrong of me…

Sorry about that.
ok
Re: Stop Saying I'm Sorry. It Makes You Look Local, But Rather Use These Words by Laxra: 9:33am On Mar 05, 2020
Why is it that some people are so stupid, Op just gave his own piece of information and some idiot are casting the IP.
Op no force you use am, if you like continue dey mumu yourself.
A word is enough for the wise.

(1) (2) (Reply)

UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike / For Those Of You Who Think Mermaids Are Cute Creatures. See!!! / Jamb 2012 Is On Sale, Read This Before You Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.