Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android (1476 Views)

Oriamo Launches Smartwatch In Nigeria, To Work With IOS And Android / Whatsapp Latest Feature: Swipe To Reply, Dark Mode And Lots More / Youtube Rolls Out Dark Mode For Android Worldwide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android by Ravon: 9:38pm On Mar 04, 2020
WhatsApp is the immensely popular messaging app owned by Facebook and an app that’s long been in need of a dark theme. After rumours and beta testing, it’s finally here.

With a blog post and announcement video, WhatsApp has officially unveiled its darker theme. This was previously only an option for registered beta users on Android phones, but soon any user on iOS or Android will be able to try out the new theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoPYlgsEKvk&feature=youtu.be

According to WhatsApp, the update to the app that will include Dark Mode will be going live “in the coming days” to both Android phones and iPhones, after years of users begging for it to be implemented.

In its blog post, WhatsApp explains how it made its design decisions, saying it believes the app remains easily readable and comprehensible with the new colour scheme.

How to turn on WhatsApp dark mode

If you want to enable WhatsApp dark mode, then it’s as simple as enabling the dark mode setting in your phone’s main options menu, if you are running either Android 10 or iOS 13.

If you’re on an older version of Android, you can still use the theme but you have to go through the app settings into the “Chats” menu. You then tap “Theme” and select “Dark”. Unfortunately, older versions of iOS don’t have a WhatsApp dark mode option.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2020/03/04/whatsapp-dark-mode-now-available-for-ios-and-android/

Re: Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android by Citytrend: 9:40pm On Mar 04, 2020
Not a bad one at all!
Re: Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android by princemillla(m): 9:43pm On Mar 04, 2020
It's sweet on ios
Re: Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android by lomprico(m): 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2020
lie, not on android yet
Re: Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android by sapientia(m): 9:52pm On Mar 04, 2020
How is it different from android invert colours?
Re: Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android by Ravon: 9:53pm On Mar 04, 2020
lomprico:
lie, not on android yet

I'm using Android. Its on it. Try and update your Whatsapp if you haven't...
Re: Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android by ekpeye(m): 9:58pm On Mar 04, 2020
lomprico:
lie, not on android yet
Go and check its live now just enabled mine.
Re: Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android by lomprico(m): 10:04pm On Mar 04, 2020
Ravon:

I'm using Android. Its on it. Try and update your Whatsapp if you haven't...

no update on playstore
Re: Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android by ekpeye(m): 10:11pm On Mar 04, 2020
lomprico:

no update on playstore
You havhen't checked man, it's there.
Re: Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android by lomprico(m): 10:38pm On Mar 04, 2020
ekpeye:
You havhen't checked man, it's there.

ok, just did. it's there.
Re: Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android by emmanuel4758(m): 11:02pm On Mar 04, 2020
princemillla:
It's sweet on ios
how did you turn it on
Re: Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android by princemillla(m): 6:20am On Mar 05, 2020
emmanuel4758:
how did you turn it on

Turn on dark mode on ur fone it will turn on
Re: Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android by tayotony: 6:44am On Mar 16, 2020
The so called dark mode on android is terribly underwhelming, they should call it grey mode not dark mode, and to think they took 6 months to do this nonsense, the IOS version is much better
Re: Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android by tayotony: 6:46am On Mar 16, 2020
Just imagine , the instagram and Facebook dark modes are perfect , how hard is it to copy that
Re: Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android by Donkelzy(m): 4:39pm On Mar 16, 2020
tayotony:
Just imagine , the instagram and Facebook dark modes are perfect , how hard is it to copy that
Facebook doesn't have dark mode or are you talking about the lite version ?
Re: Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android by zotorux(m): 6:35am On Mar 17, 2020
If you don’t have dark mode yet on your Android
Go to setting, about device, build number and tap on it till it says you now a developer,
Developer option should now appear under settings (Last option most times)
Now go to play store, an update will be available, update your whatsapp. Dark mode should be available in your whatsapp settings.
Re: Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android by Nicerazor(m): 7:44am On Mar 17, 2020
Not working on my iOS device. I’m in the latest iOS 13.3.1, after enabling dark mode on my phone I couldn’t find option for WhatsApp dark mode.
Re: Whatsapp Dark Mode Now Available For Ios And Android by Donkelzy(m): 2:41pm On Mar 17, 2020
Nicerazor:
Not working on my iOS device. I’m in the latest iOS 13.3.1, after enabling dark mode on my phone I couldn’t find option for WhatsApp dark mode.
Go to your WhatsApp settings, under theme u will see dark

(1) (Reply)

5 Features In Your Infinix Phones You Should Start Using / Faulty Iphone 7 For Sale. / Between Samsung S9+ And Infinix Note 10i, Which One Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.