Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (232 Views)

Teacher Promised A Female A High Score If She Sleep’s With Him / Toefl:share Your Experience,ask Questions And Share Your Results If You Can / What Would You Score If You Were To Rate (%) Your Achieved Goals For 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by article3030: 1:18am On Mar 05, 2020
The admission/application period is here again and lots of folks are preparing. One of the basic requirements for this is the English Language proficiency test.

Some would be applying for the first time while some are already gurus in this area. So ask your questions here for the first timers and I'l try my possible best to answer. For the gurus in the house, you are welcome to contribute and help others out.

Please note that this thread is for IELTS intending 'takers'.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by brownlolly(m): 1:48am On Mar 05, 2020
I've taken the test twice.

2015 Academic 7.5
2018 General 8.0

I found the general test much easier than the academic test, which was more technical.

You score the most points in reading and listening.
Expect the lowest score in writing... from my experience.
Work on creating a good impression with your interview during the speaking test. You may get non-verbal cues if you are so lucky.

Generally, comprehension is the key to passing the test. Ironically also, it is so simple and technical at the same time.

On the day of the test, take your time before you enter the hall. Make sure you are not pressed to go to the toilet, and not too cold from sitting for too long in the AC chilling hall. I think it's a way of making people anxious and distracted, so there's no need to hurry. The test won't start until everyone is cleared and seated.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Rasakii(m): 3:57am On Mar 05, 2020
I wrote academic November 2018 and i got 7.0 overall
Listening : 7.5
Reading: 8.0
Speaking:7.0
Writing: 6.0

Writing generally is the hardest band and i feel little things like handwriting and correct use of punctuations marks matters alot. Also try your possible best to link each paragraphs together.

Expect high scores in reading and listening and for speaking, please do not form an accent oo but make sure your English is very clear and please do not reply the examiner with one word answers.

I wish all intending ‘takers’ success

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Get Instant Lincoln America University [guyana]admission On D Spot14th Of March / UNILORIN 200 Level / ASUU Begins Two Weeks Warning Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.