Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

House Passes $8.3 Billion Bill To Fight Coronavirus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / House Passes $8.3 Billion Bill To Fight Coronavirus (212 Views)

200 Cuban Doctors Land In South Africa To Fight Coronavirus (Pictures) / Nigerian Tailors Making Face Masks And Overalls To Fight Coronavirus - CNN / Nigerian Student Volunteers To Help Fight Coronavirus In Nanjing, China (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Passes $8.3 Billion Bill To Fight Coronavirus by SoluB: 8:01am On Mar 05, 2020
The House Wednesday, in a bipartisan 415-2 vote, passed a more than $8 billion spending package for emergency COVID-19 coronavirus funding.
Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) announced the move and funding in a press release, explaining that it’s not a political matter—but a public safety concern.

“This should not be about politics; this is about doing our job to protect the American people from a potential pandemic,” said Shelby in a statement. “We worked together to craft an aggressive and comprehensive response that provides the resources the experts say they need to combat this crisis. I thank my colleagues for their cooperation and appreciate President Trump’s eagerness to sign this legislation and get the funding out the door without delay.”
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) noted that “Americans urgently need a coordinated, fully-funded, whole-of-government response to keep us safe from the widening coronavirus epidemic,” while adding that $3 billion is being spent on the development of treatments, $300 million will be used to provide a free vaccine, $2.2 billion will be used on “public funding and prevention,” and other measures.

https://www.usaglobalnews.com/2020/03/house-passes-83-billion-bill-to-fight.html
Re: House Passes $8.3 Billion Bill To Fight Coronavirus by SadiqBabaSani: 8:04am On Mar 05, 2020
USA not Nigerian, thts better
Re: House Passes $8.3 Billion Bill To Fight Coronavirus by Citytrend: 8:06am On Mar 05, 2020
This is perhaps, the most confusing Headline I've ever read in my entire life
Re: House Passes $8.3 Billion Bill To Fight Coronavirus by Skyfornia(m): 8:06am On Mar 05, 2020
Osetigo...see opportunity! This country...I won't curse you again. I blame the stupid youths that supports any politician. Whether PDP or APC, all na the same. The only politician I can support right now is Peter Obi...even though he might be corrupt too but he has proven he can deliver.
Re: House Passes $8.3 Billion Bill To Fight Coronavirus by bewla(m): 8:12am On Mar 05, 2020
If 9ja call money fear go catch fear
Re: House Passes $8.3 Billion Bill To Fight Coronavirus by helinues: 8:16am On Mar 05, 2020
Different countries billion of dollars to fight Coronavirus.

This virus seems artificial

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News:prince Charles Tests Positive For Coronavirus With ‘mild Symptoms’ / How To Win Your Husband From Side Chicks/slay Mama / Centre For Ethical Conduct Donates Prevention Kits Worth 1m To Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.