Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,646 members, 7,816,655 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi (29697 Views)

2023: Sack Amaechi Within 48 Hours, Nigerian Youths Urge Buhari / Sanusi's Removal: Atedo Peterside Rejects CBN's Invitation / Governor Wike & Dakuku Peterside Meet In Okrika (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by References: 1:15pm On Mar 05, 2020
The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has said he is unaware of the alleged sack of the Director-General (DG) of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Dakuku Peterside.

There was an unconfirmed report that President Muhammadu Buhari approved the appointment of Bashir Jamoh as the new DG of the agency.

Jamoh is the executive director of administration and finance in NIMASA.

Peterside’s tenure expires on the 10th of March, 2020

Our correspondent monitored a morning show on television on Thursday where the Minister of Transportation reacted to the news of the sack.

On the alleged sack of Peterside and his replacement by Jamoh, Amaechi said: “I am not aware. As of yesterday when I spoke to the DG of NIMASA, he was in the office and they had a board meeting and he was present at the meeting. I am not aware that he has been removed. I spoke to him at about 3 pm to 4 pm. I should know if he has been sacked. If I am the minister of transportation, I should know.

“Maybe we need to call him (Peterside) this morning to know whether he is in the office but the government does not take an arbitrary decision. If he were to be sacked, the minister of transportation would be told to formally intimate the DG of his sack and I am not aware that the president has directed me to intimate anybody of his sack.

“His tenure expires on the 10th of this month. When it expires, you can then approach the president to either reappoint him or replace him. The president has the appointing authority. All the minister has by law is the recommendation authority.”

On the speculation that his alleged sack might be due to the failure of the agency to audit its account for six years, the minister said: “I am not aware that that could be the reason. He has been DG for only four years because he came into office in 2016 and they cannot be punishing him for the offence committed by previous DGs.

“I don’t think that those speculations are right. I just think they are mere speculations and we should wait until Tuesday next week when his tenure will officially expire. The president has the right to appoint whoever he wants to appoint and if he wants to extend his tenure, he will extend his tenure.”

On the alleged refusal of Peterside to attend National Assembly summons, he said: “I attend National assembly summons because they have the authority to summon a minister or the head of parastatals. I would be surprised if Peterside does not honour summons because he was once a member of the House of Representatives.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/i-am-not-aware-of-petersides-sack-amaechi/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by Witcher(f): 1:17pm On Mar 05, 2020
Now that you are sober, U know. that's what happens when you work with a president who doesn't drink Al-khul. He is always in his right senses working 24/7.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
Why does every southerner hanging around Buhari seem to have a wrong sense of his/her worth in this government?

References:
The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has said he is unaware of the alleged sack of the Director-General (DG) of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Dakuku Peterside.

There was an unconfirmed report that President Muhammadu Buhari approved the appointment of Bashir Jamoh as the new DG of the agency.

Jamoh is the executive director of administration and finance in NIMASA.

Peterside’s tenure expires on the 10th of March, 2020

Our correspondent monitored a morning show on television on Thursday where the Minister of Transportation reacted to the news of the sack.

On the alleged sack of Peterside and his replacement by Jamoh, Amaechi said: “I am not aware. As of yesterday when I spoke to the DG of NIMASA, he was in the office and they had a board meeting and he was present at the meeting. I am not aware that he has been removed. I spoke to him at about 3 pm to 4 pm. I should know if he has been sacked. If I am the minister of transportation, I should know.

“Maybe we need to call him (Peterside) this morning to know whether he is in the office but the government does not take an arbitrary decision. If he were to be sacked, the minister of transportation would be told to formally intimate the DG of his sack and I am not aware that the president has directed me to intimate anybody of his sack.

“His tenure expires on the 10th of this month. When it expires, you can then approach the president to either reappoint him or replace him. The president has the appointing authority. All the minister has by law is the recommendation authority.”

On the speculation that his alleged sack might be due to the failure of the agency to audit its account for six years, the minister said: “I am not aware that that could be the reason. He has been DG for only four years because he came into office in 2016 and they cannot be punishing him for the offence committed by previous DGs.

“I don’t think that those speculations are right. I just think they are mere speculations and we should wait until Tuesday next week when his tenure will officially expire. The president has the right to appoint whoever he wants to appoint and if he wants to extend his tenure, he will extend his tenure.”

On the alleged refusal of Peterside to attend National Assembly summons, he said: “I attend National assembly summons because they have the authority to summon a minister or the head of parastatals. I would be surprised if Peterside does not honour summons because he was once a member of the House of Representatives.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/i-am-not-aware-of-petersides-sack-amaechi/
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by Racoon(m): 1:41pm On Mar 05, 2020
shocked Guess Amaechi will also not be aware when the hausa-fulani will bundle his ass out of the government? The game is still on because the Abba Kyari-led presidency cabal is still running things.

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by helinues: 1:44pm On Mar 05, 2020
Now that you are aware, what can you do about it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by Smithkafors(m): 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2020
Go and tell that to MURIC that are already rejoicing....ask them why they are rejoicing if not to steal billions and give them.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by piippa(m): 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2020
In Nigeria everything is possible. He could be right and he may not be.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by vikithor(m): 1:48pm On Mar 05, 2020
Is bro Amaechi not sounding so much unaware of happenings around his ministry,party and fellow thrives colleagues?
More surprises,expect more,this week, am not joking.
BTW
Learn how to drive better than you were taught.
Call/WhatsApp nos below

3 Likes

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by Maxymilliano(m): 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2020
References:

One thing Amaechi has learned from PMB is "I am not aware" grin

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by kingi777: 2:22pm On Mar 05, 2020
I dreamt on 03:03:2020 that President Muhammadu Buhari supported Rt Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi as the APC Presidential flag bearer for 2023 election. Let me see if this dream will come to pass.

1 Like

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by festacman(m): 2:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
The appointment news may have been planted by another camp to unsettle Amaechi's camp. It could be that a decision has been made but not finalized. Obviously, fierce lobbying still going on. Hon. Amaechi still hopeful. The other aggressive camp also hopeful.

The die is cast on Pres. Buhari's table even as he weighs his options, "picking his teeth" as the BOSS.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by DModeCntStopMe: 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2020
grin

I will only believe our Commander-In-Chief, Abba kyari (GCON)

Until he makes a statement, my fingers remain crossed

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by Built2last: 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2020
Keep day dreaming

1 Like

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by BlackfireX: 3:44pm On Mar 05, 2020
Nigeria is not aware who is the president
Is Abba kyari the president?
Buhari is not aware of the chaos caused by Fulani herdsmen.
Amaechi is not aware if they have sacked his brother.
Coronavirus victim eating amala,.we don't know him, no picture,no video.

Nobody knows what is going on

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by YorubaKinging: 5:02pm On Mar 05, 2020
There will light at the end of the tunnel when we go our different ways

1 Like

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by blackboy(m): 5:02pm On Mar 05, 2020
Because you have become irrelevant

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by EkelediliBuhari: 5:02pm On Mar 05, 2020
You for just close mouth... Now you don show everybody that you no get levels again...

My guy that year...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by ainas247: 5:03pm On Mar 05, 2020
Superior force is in control
that's why you are not aware.

rank your business fast on Google..
chat up now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by Zico5(m): 5:03pm On Mar 05, 2020
This man is a complete fool. So u expect Abba kyari to consult u before he takes decision as sensitive as this. Fulani jihadists are more wiser than u. U will eventually know by the time Jamoh is confirmed.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by Mateen1000: 5:03pm On Mar 05, 2020
Which kind lie be dis

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by realstars: 5:03pm On Mar 05, 2020
Bubu is using one of his six whatt of his presidential power,
dont be suppries when i tell you the next on line, remember' this is the next levele thing.,
ask OSHIMOLE he will tell you why AKPABIO is silences.

2 Likes

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by Stephendeals: 5:04pm On Mar 05, 2020
shocked

Nothing New

GMB
Lai Mohammed
and Most Top Echelon in APC have used "I am not aware" to evade pressing questions that showed failure or cracks in the administration.
AMAECHI --- You are doing well .....ooiin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by Stallion93(m): 5:04pm On Mar 05, 2020
grin
Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by Perfecttouchade: 5:04pm On Mar 05, 2020
Ok
Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2020
Lol ( grin grin grin
Funny guy
Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by Gaddafiyusf(m): 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2020
Next level things
Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by deepwater(f): 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2020
Lol
Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by Talknochip(m): 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2020
lol

dis wan still dey 'change' era. im no no say im oga don move to next devil. sorry, next level.

ogbeni, use troway na im be ur level

1 Like

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by NaijaOlosho(f): 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2020
grin grin before you for say you dey aware??

1 Like

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by sylve11: 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2020
@ Ameachi, story. cool

1 Like

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by staga: 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2020
The man has eaten his share of the national cake as Rivers state no work out for am. Now let another eat as well. The meat pie is for everybody.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA: I Am Not Aware Of Peterside’s Sack - Amaechi by Bruemath(m): 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2020
He won't be aware like others

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Triplets: Ragnar, Aiden And Liam Femi Fani-Kayode New Photos / Emefiele's Wife, 3 Others Declared Wanted By EFCC / Nigerians React As Emefiele Drags INEC, APC, AGF To Court Over 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.