Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

My Dad's Pension - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / My Dad's Pension (870 Views)

10 Best Pension Management Companies In Nigeria / Union Bank Eket Branch Want To Forfeit My Dad Contributory Pension Funds. HELP! / I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad's Pension by chinonyinye: 8:02pm On Mar 05, 2020
Hi. Good evening good people. Pls I need your advice on this. My dad retired in 2003. His pension was meant to mature in 2010. In 2010, the pension company said that they had no record of his contributions, that BOI didn't give them the money. Even after BOI wrote a letter to them stating that their building got burnt so they don't have the receipt but gave them the breakdown of the money but they still refused until he wrote to Pencomm. Pencomm queried them and Last year December, trustfund pensions finally agreed that the money is with them but the issue now is they are refusing to give interest saying that my dad can't get interest. My question now is that is my father entitled to any interest on his money? If yes, how can he go about it?
Re: My Dad's Pension by Lawgod247: 8:16pm On Mar 05, 2020
K
Re: My Dad's Pension by Asquare84(m): 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2020
chinonyinye:
Hi. Good evening good people. Pls I need your advice on this. My dad retired in 2003. His pension was meant to mature in 2010. In 2010, the pension company said that they had no record of his contributions, that BOI didn't give them the money. Even after BOI wrote a letter to them stating that their building got burnt so they don't have the receipt but gave them the breakdown of the money but they still refused until he wrote to Pencomm. Pencomm queried them and Last year December, trustfund pensions finally agreed that the money is with them but the issue now is they are refusing to give interest saying that my dad can't get interest. My question now is that is my father entitled to any interest on his money? If yes, how can he go about it?

The money was not invested and can not yield interest
Re: My Dad's Pension by Bonjovi13: 8:31pm On Mar 05, 2020
Advice your Dad to leave the interest issue for now and pursue his pension allowance and gratuity.
Asking fir interest will complicate his issues and those guys dont handle complications well.

They would just lose his file again and your dad may not get his entitlements.
Re: My Dad's Pension by chinonyinye: 8:35pm On Mar 05, 2020
Asquare84:

The money was not invested and can not yield interest

Pls can you explain more?
Re: My Dad's Pension by Asquare84(m): 8:44pm On Mar 05, 2020
chinonyinye:

Pls can you explain more?

What happened to your dad pension is that his account was not funded while he was working, the money was only paid by the government after he retired from the service and as such can not yield interest since it is assume trustfund pension did not trade with your dad money
Re: My Dad's Pension by Biztech05(m): 9:31pm On Mar 05, 2020
Are you looking for what to do with your income capital, pension and Gratitude!
Invest in building industries 
No Matter how small it's start something now!
Build mini flat in units 
2bedrooms in units
3bedroom cranbel

Get your income in steady and forever

We are here to help and support your plans!
Always give work to a professionals,afford building collapsing ! afford death trap.

Build right,build wise ,Engaged professionals

Email:   Biztech05@yahoo.com                             WhatsApp or call :+2347066483964
Re: My Dad's Pension by chinonyinye: 9:33pm On Mar 05, 2020
Asquare84:

What happened to your dad pension is that his account was not funded while he was working, the money was only paid by the government after he retired from the service and as such can not yield interest since it is assume trustfund pension did not trade with your dad money

He said it was funded every month as the money was deduced from his salary and he has a letter tabulating the wat the money was sent
Re: My Dad's Pension by SavageResponse(m): 5:17am On Mar 06, 2020
chinonyinye:

He said it was funded every month as the money was deduced from his salary and he has a letter tabulating the wat the money was sent

That fact that the money was deducted from his salary does not necessarily mean that it was remitted by his employers
Re: My Dad's Pension by Asquare84(m): 6:21am On Mar 06, 2020
chinonyinye:

You can go to his PFA and request for his statement of account, it will give you a detail analysis of how his money was invested
Re: My Dad's Pension by brownemmanuel43(m): 6:47am On Mar 06, 2020
I thing I hv handled this type of case before. The did u write to the hqt of the pension company direct?
Re: My Dad's Pension by chinonyinye: 7:19am On Mar 06, 2020
Asquare84:

You can go to his PFA and request for his statement of account, it will give you a detail analysis of how his money was invested

At first they denied having the money at all till last year December and the statement shows it was monthly but they claim that it wasn't invested
Re: My Dad's Pension by chinonyinye: 7:20am On Mar 06, 2020
brownemmanuel43:
I thing I hv handled this type of case before.
The did u write to the hqt of the pension company direct?

He did

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Invest My Time. / Make More Than $239 Per Month / 12 Months Of Building This Mansion From Weekly Earnings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.