Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,679 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

How Feasible Is This Course In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Feasible Is This Course In Nigeria? (925 Views)

Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? / Which Nigerian University Still Teaches This Course? / If You Are Studying Any Of This Course In Nigeria University, You Are Not In Sch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Feasible Is This Course In Nigeria? by aminusodiq(m): 6:43am On Mar 06, 2020
Hello nairalanders,
Pls I need ur help on this

My brother chose petroleum engineering in jamb nd I'm worried about its feasibility. Pls i need to knw abt d course.
Re: How Feasible Is This Course In Nigeria? by dawnomike(m): 7:16am On Mar 06, 2020
Be at peace... It is a good one
Re: How Feasible Is This Course In Nigeria? by Brunicekid(m): 7:29am On Mar 06, 2020
aminusodiq:
Hello nairalanders,
Pls I need ur help on this

My brother chose petroleum engineering in jamb nd I'm worried about its feasibility. Pls i need to knw abt d course.
It's feasible. I am sure it's studied in Unilag as "Petroleum and Gas Engineering". Check Online to get more info.
Re: How Feasible Is This Course In Nigeria? by cRobo: 7:35am On Mar 06, 2020
A good one

I won't say a word
Re: How Feasible Is This Course In Nigeria? by aminusodiq(m): 8:13am On Mar 06, 2020
Brunicekid:
It's feasible. I am sure it's studied in Unilag as "Petroleum and Gas Engineering". Check Online to get more info.
thanks sir... I'm also considering d employment prospects
Re: How Feasible Is This Course In Nigeria? by Nnaemiemax: 11:28am On Mar 06, 2020
aminusodiq:

The prospects of the course only exist in oil and gas with short-term advantages, except you have identified a problem/niche of which studying the course will provide you the expansive technical and base knowledge to sort out.

But, if you want to study a course with long-term relevance, then go for civil engineering.

Few years from now, crude/petroleum-based products will be replaced completely with renewable energy products. Check tesla cars, solar energy, etc.

We have gone beyond the stage where we study a course because of prospects, but because we know we can employ what is learnt to create a career that will bring you sustainable financial benefits, and that it possesses long-term relevance. Check out the top wealthiest people in the world, and see what they studied and you would realize they created wealth through the knowledge of what they majored in.

Think future..
My 50 cents.

7 Likes

Re: How Feasible Is This Course In Nigeria? by aminusodiq(m): 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2020
Nnaemiemax:

The prospects of the course only exist in oil and gas with short-term advantages, except you have identified a problem/niche of which studying the course will provide you the expansive technical and base knowledge to sort out.

But, if you want to study a course with long-term relevance, then go for civil engineering.

Few years from now, crude/petroleum-based products will be replaced completely with renewable energy products. Check tesla cars, solar energy, etc.

We have gone beyond the stage where we study a course because of prospects, but because we know we can employ what is learnt to create a career that will bring you good cash, and that it possesses long-term relevance. Check out the top wealthiest people in the world, and see what they studied and you would realize they created wealth through the knowledge of what they majored in.

Think future..
My 50 cents.
thank u sir

1 Like

Re: How Feasible Is This Course In Nigeria? by dollarsignbloga(f): 1:19pm On Mar 06, 2020
Nnaemiemax:

We have gone beyond the stage where we study a course because of prospects, but because we know we can employ what is learnt to create a career that will bring you good cash, and that it possesses long-term relevance. Check out the top wealthiest people in the world, and see what they studied and you would realize they created wealth through the knowledge of what they majored in.

Think future..
My 50 cents.
You nailed it.

1 Like

Re: How Feasible Is This Course In Nigeria? by Nnaemiemax: 2:00pm On Mar 06, 2020
aminusodiq:
thank u sir

Much respect to you boss!
Re: How Feasible Is This Course In Nigeria? by nlPoster: 2:48pm On Mar 06, 2020
aminusodiq:

Did you ask your brother?
Re: How Feasible Is This Course In Nigeria? by aminusodiq(m): 4:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
nlPoster:

Did you ask your brother?
he said dats wat he likes... But considering his brilliance... I advised him to go fr medicine or civil... He scored 290 in jamb mock nd he's still in ss2
Re: How Feasible Is This Course In Nigeria? by yusman14(m): 12:10am On Mar 07, 2020
Nnaemiemax:

Think future..
My 50 cents.
Good day sir...
Which is better between petroleum engineering and materials science and engineering??
Which course is more lucrative between the two?
Re: How Feasible Is This Course In Nigeria? by Nnaemiemax: 10:35am On Mar 07, 2020
yusman14:
Good day sir...
Which is better between petroleum engineering and materials science and engineering??
Which course is more lucrative between the two?

Both are lucrative, depending on the location.

If you intend to pursue a career in Nigeria opt for Petroleum engineering, but if you envisage to move abroad in later times or after your degree, kindly opt for material science and engineering.

Here's why,

Material science employs the use of physics, chemistry and engineering for discovery of new materials, it's an evolving field with futuristic relevance that would infuse technology, innovation and analytical thinking to provide real-life solutions.

So I presume your decision should be premised on how you envisage your future, and what knowledge is significant to sustain and create wealth for you whether you get a paid job or not.

Regards!

1 Like

Re: How Feasible Is This Course In Nigeria? by yusman14(m): 3:54pm On Mar 07, 2020
Nnaemiemax:

Both are lucrative, depending on the location.

If you intend to pursue a career in Nigeria opt for Petroleum engineering, but if you envisage to move abroad in later times or after your degree, kindly opt for material science and engineering.

Here's why,

Material science employs the use of physics, chemistry and engineering for discovery of new materials, it's an evolving field with futuristic relevance that would infuse technology, innovation and analytical thinking to provide real-life solutions.

So I presume your decision should be premised on how you envisage your future, and what knowledge is significant to sustain and create wealth for you whether you get a paid job or not.

Regards!
Thanks alot....I am a 300level student of OAU studying materials science and engineering..I asked because I am planning to do my masters in petroleum engineering....so I cannot use my MSE cert to practice in Nigeria??
Re: How Feasible Is This Course In Nigeria? by Nnaemiemax: 9:54pm On Mar 07, 2020
yusman14:
Thanks alot....I am a 300level student of OAU studying materials science and engineering..I asked because I am planning to do my masters in petroleum engineering....so I cannot use my MSE cert to practice in Nigeria??

You are already on the right track buddy, and studying a course as this puts you at the forefront of the global stage

As for practice in Nigeria you definitely can.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

IJMB 2020/2021 Examination Schedule For May/June 2021 / UNIJOS Announces Date For Resumption / School Children Locked Up Inside School By FIRS Because Of Unpaid Tax (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.