Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

EFCC: Mama Boko Haram Arraigned Before Third Judge For Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC: Mama Boko Haram Arraigned Before Third Judge For Fraud (313 Views)

Hushpuppi Emerges ‘Best Bathroom Cleaner In Prison' – Begs judge For Mercy / Aisha Wakil (Mama Boko Haram) Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment For Fraud / Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC: Mama Boko Haram Arraigned Before Third Judge For Fraud by Maniagist1: 7:40am On Mar 06, 2020
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Thursday arraigned Aisha Wakil, popularly called Mama Boko Haram, alongside two others on eight counts, bordering on fraud.

This makes her and other defendants contending with cases of fraud before three judges in the state.

The two other arraigned with her before Justice Umaru Fadawu of the Borno State High Court, Maiduguri, are senior members of her non-governmental organisation, Complete Care and Aid Foundation, Alhaji Saidu Daura and Prince Lawal Shoyode.

Early this week, the trio, with another person at large, were charged before Justice Aisha Kumaliya of another Borno State High Court with N111.7m fraud.

Wakil and Daura are facing corruption charges involving a N66m fraud before Justice Aisha Kumaliya.

Early this year, Wakil, Daura, Shoyode and Mallam Adamu Sani (at large) were arraigned for N42m fraud before Justice Jude Dagat of a Federal High Court, Maiduguri.

While Wakil pleaded “not guilty” to all the charges on Thursday, while the second and third defendants refused to take their pleas.

Justice Fadawu, however, entered a “not guilty” plea for the two defendants. She, thereafter, adjourned until March 12 and 16, 2020.

In view of the pleas, counsel for the EFCC, Fatsuma Muhammad[quote][/quote] asked for a trial date in order for the prosecution to prove its case against them.

for commencement of trial and ordered that they should be remanded in the Nigerian Correctional Service facility.

>>>>>>>>>>>https://maniagist.com/2020/03/06/efcc-mama-boko-haram-arraigned-before-third-judge-for-fraud/

Re: EFCC: Mama Boko Haram Arraigned Before Third Judge For Fraud by Maniagist1: 7:41am On Mar 06, 2020
cry
Re: EFCC: Mama Boko Haram Arraigned Before Third Judge For Fraud by Witcher(f): 7:44am On Mar 06, 2020
10 Interesting facts about Aisha Wakil that you don't know
1. Aisha Wakil is from the South-East, precisely, Enugu state.

2. She was formally a Christian but converted to Islam after she married her husband, Wakil Gana who works with the Borno State High Court.

"What attracted me to embrace Islam is what attracts a fly to perch on a particular place. That is the behaviour – my husband. He is a very wonderful man and so I had to follow him and abide by whatever he wants," she said.

3. Aisha Wakil studied Law at the University of Maiduguri, Borno state.

4. She currently works with the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), in Borno state.

5. While growing up, Aisha discovered that she had the 'gift of mediation.' She could settle disputes between people, even couples. She is currently into Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), an aspect of Law.

6. Aisha Wakil helped circumcise some members of the Boko Haram sect when they were kids. Her relationship with the sect members earned her the name 'Mama Boko Haram.'

7. Aisha Wakil was appointed a member of the Committee on Dialogue and Peaceful Resolution of Security Challenges in the northern region of Nigeria under the administration of former president, Goodluck Jonathan.

8. Loved by many in her community, Aisha Wakil has been involved in several efforts aimed at restoring peace to the northeast. One of such was bringing the army and commanders of the sect together during the negotiation period.

9. Aisha has also assisted in the release of some abductees from the Boko Haram sect via phone calls to the leadership. This includes the release of over '30 Chibok girls.'

"I have released so many people that were kidnapped. I will just call them and say ‘you took my house girl or sister or best friend’ meanwhile I do not know these people and they would be released," Aisha said.

10. Aisha believes insurgency would soon be over in Nigeria. She says her (Boko Haram) 'boys' are also aware of this fact.
Re: EFCC: Mama Boko Haram Arraigned Before Third Judge For Fraud by Franzinni: 7:44am On Mar 06, 2020
That Igbo woman who became a Muslim for reasons which are beginning to surface, if found guilty they need to punish her according to sharia law ... Bury her to her head and commence step two.

This woman if she doesn't know can single handedly put a giant dent in these boko haram foolishness... She knows them intimately and even knows their hideouts ...after all she is their mother ...

But the foolish elements in our so called government has lowkey elevated her to the position of commissioner of boko affairs and I guess they have been giving her good money as the middle man or woman she claims she is... African don't care about humanity ... Especially when it doesn't affect them personally and ultimately they will benefit for other peoples pain...yewslezz ...I pray insha Allah you are convicted Aisha wakill wakill akill kill kill kill..
Re: EFCC: Mama Boko Haram Arraigned Before Third Judge For Fraud by Perfecttouchade: 7:45am On Mar 06, 2020
Mummy awon bokoharam ke...she must be a repentant bokoharam by now so make judge free this woman before oga at the top vex..she also needs a rehab asap followed by foreign training cheesy
Re: EFCC: Mama Boko Haram Arraigned Before Third Judge For Fraud by ojun50(m): 7:45am On Mar 06, 2020
It is well with bokoharm
Re: EFCC: Mama Boko Haram Arraigned Before Third Judge For Fraud by ERockson: 9:19am On Mar 06, 2020
I have always suspected this woman to be criminal anyway. Mama Boko Haram with a direct links with Boko haram and corrupt NGOs. Investigating people like this properly will definitely expose lot of things about this Igbo woman and Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Bandits Kidnap Four People, Kill Former Lawmaker’s Driver In Kaduna / One Dead As Military And Youths Clash During Lock Down In Delta (video) / Covic 19 Scam Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.