Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Mi Abaga Exits Chocolate City, Announces His Self Owned Label(see Video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mi Abaga Exits Chocolate City, Announces His Self Owned Label(see Video) (791 Views)

Former YBNL Act, Lyta Flaunts New Music Label (see Details) / "God Forbid" - Kiss Daniel Rejects Chocolate City As Fans Advise Him To Run / M.I. Vs Nas: 'we Must Get Our Money Back’ - Chocolate City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mi Abaga Exits Chocolate City, Announces His Self Owned Label(see Video) by Burstingbrain: 10:05am On Mar 06, 2020
Mi abaga exits chocolate city…on Friday, March 6, 2020, He took to his social media page to announce this…. he exited chocolate city; a record label he had represented and associated with for good 13years…..The rap star also announced the start of his new self-owned record label, Incredible Music.

MI Abaga who has released his 10th studio project, Judah The EP said to have done this under Incredible Music, which makes it the first body of work he would do under his self owned record label….

I don’t how many people knew this that MI Abaga had vacated his position as the CEO of Chocolate City before now…..This was revealed by pulse Nigeria on September 13, 2019, following an interview they had with him….This came after Chocolate City announced its deal with Warner Music…….After which Audu Maikori took over the CEO seat again after vacating it in 2015.

It has really been a journey for Mi abaga…..i am sure he has a lot of stories to tell…..his experience would write more than 100 books I guess

MI Abaga joined Chocolate City in 2007, and in 2015, he assumed the role of CEO……Under the label, he released nine projects which are five albums, three mixtapes and one playlist. In 2008, he released his criticaly acclaimed and impactful debut, Talk About It. In 2010, he released his magnus opus, MI2: The Movie.

During that period, he also won two awards at the 2009 MTV Africa Music Awards – a huge milestone for a rapper in a pop era….who remember this

It was during that run that he started the mixtape trilogy, Illegal Music….With the label, he also tried his first imprint, Loopy Music and signed MILLI..

with the contributions made by the label and also the achievements he could make under the imprint, if we say MI Abaga did enjoy his nine-year association with Chocolate City we wouldn’t be wrong at all

Let’s not forget the numerous awards he won and the time when he was the most sought-after African rapper, which made him build his legitimate claim to being Nigeria’s greatest rapper ever.

And now mi abaga exits chocolate city finally, to start his own label though…. We wish him all the best in this project
You can watch the announcement of his exit below

https://burstingbrainmedia.com.ng/mi-abaga-exits-chocolate-city-announces-his-record-label-incredible-music/

Re: Mi Abaga Exits Chocolate City, Announces His Self Owned Label(see Video) by theDukegold(m): 10:08am On Mar 06, 2020
Abeg na who be get choc city before? Am confuse
Re: Mi Abaga Exits Chocolate City, Announces His Self Owned Label(see Video) by Officialgarri: 10:15am On Mar 06, 2020
What has he been doing there before sef?
Re: Mi Abaga Exits Chocolate City, Announces His Self Owned Label(see Video) by REALHEAVEN: 10:22am On Mar 06, 2020
Good for him...

MI did a lot to make Choc City a force it was.

I wish him the best in his new venture.
Re: Mi Abaga Exits Chocolate City, Announces His Self Owned Label(see Video) by REALHEAVEN: 10:23am On Mar 06, 2020
Officialgarri:

He made Choc City a force though, their influence has dwindled.
Re: Mi Abaga Exits Chocolate City, Announces His Self Owned Label(see Video) by Ehiscotch(m): 10:48am On Mar 06, 2020
REALHEAVEN:

He made Choc City a force though, their influence has dwindled.

Their influence had to dwindle when most Nigerians can't handle intellectual music. The best Nigerian music is done by underground artiste, especially what we have come to tag as alternative music — sad thing is it is hardly commercial.

2 Likes

Re: Mi Abaga Exits Chocolate City, Announces His Self Owned Label(see Video) by Nbote(m): 10:49am On Mar 06, 2020
theDukegold:
Abeg na who be get choc city before? Am confuse
Audu Maikori

Officialgarri:

What did U know about Choc City before he joined up? M.I gave Choc City value which d rest feed off.. I hope he brings Jesse along to reignite his career..
Re: Mi Abaga Exits Chocolate City, Announces His Self Owned Label(see Video) by REALHEAVEN: 10:53am On Mar 06, 2020
Ehiscotch:

Their influence had to dwindle when most Nigerians can't handle intellectual music. The best Nigerian music is done by underground artiste, especially what we have come to tag as alternative music — sad thing is it is hardly commercial.

The fact here is that a greater percentage of Nigerians celebrate mediocrity.

They would rather listen to those who make more NOISE than music than listen to a well crafted piece. Anyway, it is choice.
Re: Mi Abaga Exits Chocolate City, Announces His Self Owned Label(see Video) by Ehiscotch(m): 11:04am On Mar 06, 2020
REALHEAVEN:

The fact here is that a greater percentage of Nigerians celebrate mediocrity.

They would rather listen to those who make more NOISE than music than listen to a well crafted piece. Anyway, it is choice.

Scary fact is that it is the way the world is going. Imagine mumble rappers topping billboard charts. I mean, I listen to a bit of those songs to vibe and dance but I know in my head that it is just crap.

(1) (Reply)

Trending ODUMEJE AGABA And BAC_JAY Poses In An Easter Show Banner / Actor, Zubby Michael Blasts Yul Edochie For Saying Gov Should Pay Nigerians N50k / Bobrisky Sent Birthday Message To Tonto Dikeh As She Turns 35.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.