Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute (16248 Views)

Sunrise: Leno Adesanya Lured Ministers With Women Over $6bn Mambilla Project- FG / Sanwo-Olu Rejects ₦5M Compensation To Uber Driver Tortured / Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by Bennycollins: 1:50pm On Mar 06, 2020
God punish who? Our politicians exploring avenues to siphon our monies you are here blaming others who had their turn to loot and left many years ago. Give yourself brain. Over half of this amount ends up in the accounts of these men in power. Nigeria is gone. I wait for the day my turn comes. Don't bother to respond.
Sirjamo:
This is one of the numerous calamities created by the miserable and senseless Poverty Development Party. Not a single thing they can point to as an achievement in 16 years aside looting and embezzlement.

God punish the Poverty Development Party!!!

1 Like

Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by Cherez: 1:51pm On Mar 06, 2020
Sirjamo:
I read and understood the post very well and I have been following the story of the project for a very long time.
It was the Obasanjo government that re awarded the project to that incompetent company in 2003 and refused to fund it.

His two house boys also refused to do something about it until Buhari came.

If the PDP didn't mess up the project in the first place, Fashola wouldn't have to negotiate any settlement.

This was how they sold our discos to people who knew nothing about power, many years later, we are still paying for darkness!!!
So the project since 1970 kept on and PDP came to spoil it but no breach or counter-suits until the APC came and we now have to pay $200M and you blame PDP but absolve APC?
Some of you guys are the replicas of same unintelligent only money-minded guys we have in power today
Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by Taaooma8385: 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2020
Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by fortran12: 1:57pm On Mar 06, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:
grin if they share dat money to all Nigerians am shure poverty will reduce
poverty is a state of mind, it can't be reduced with money

2 Likes

Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by Taaooma7699: 2:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by baysol: 2:19pm On Mar 06, 2020
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-fg-to-pay-sunrise-power-200m-compensation-to-end-mambilla-dispute
These kind of international blackmail and extortion against Nigeria by rogue western nations must not be allowed to hold. What sort of bad, wicked and unpatriotic leaders can cohort with rogue nations and companies to defraud his own nation? This is beyond me abeg. Totally insane. Mugu Northerners una see unaselves.

1 Like

Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by seunmsg(m): 2:25pm On Mar 06, 2020
Cherez:

So the project since 1970 kept on and PDP came to spoil it but no breach or counter-suits until the APC came and we now have to pay $200M and you blame PDP but absolve APC?
Some of you guys are the replicas of same unintelligent only money-minded guys we have in power today

The project never took off at any point in time other than signing dubious contracts. Obasanjo awarded the contract again to the claimant in 2003 but refused to fund it. It had been stalled since then. Buhari has re-awarded it to the Chinese who unfortunately cannot start the project until all legal issues relating to the previous contractor are settled. That’s why government decided to pay compensation to the initial contractor so that the contract can be terminated without any further legal claim and for the Chinese to start work on the project.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by Okoroawusa: 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2020
seunmsg:

The project never took off at any point in time other than signing dubious contracts. Obasanjo awarded the contract again to the claimant in 2003 but refused to fund it. It had been stalled since then. Buhari has re-awarded it to the Chinese who unfortunately cannot start the project until all legal issues relating to the previous contractor are settled. That’s why government decided to pay compensation to the initial contractor so that the contract can be terminated without any further legal claim and for the Chinese to start work on the project.
You go school

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by IFNOTGOD(m): 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2020
Sirjamo:
I read and understood the post very well and I have been following the story of the project for a very long time.
It was the Obasanjo government that re awarded the project to that incompetent company in 2003 and refused to fund it.

If the PDP didn't mess up the project in the first place, Fashola wouldn't have to negotiate any settlement.

This was how they sold our discos to people who knew nothing about power, many years later, we are still paying for darkness!!!
see

so why did u leave 1970 n jump to 2003 was Buhari not d head of state in 1983?

why pay 200m.when it was 80m in 2017

somtimes try to b open minded so u can have a good take at issues affecting d nation as whole
Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by Jaqenhghar: 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2020
More gbese in shitholia
Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by MondayOsunbor(m): 2:42pm On Mar 06, 2020
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-fg-to-pay-sunrise-power-200m-compensation-to-end-mambilla-dispute

please my people i am confuse

is this case related to the same case in UK or a different case

?
Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 06, 2020
Ehiscotch:
It's just sad that some ignorant persons will still read only the headline of the story, attack the FG with silly comments — even worse are the ones who would read and still say crap.

TBH, the past administration really did a lot of disservice to this country with shoddy contracts, especially in the power sector.

Mambilla power plant does not exist, even the land to build the power plant is yet to be allocated.

Use sense.
Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 06, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

?

Different case
Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:40pm On Mar 06, 2020
Oracle23:

Different case

we are finished in this country
Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by APCNig: 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2020
Optional09:

the current administration is not doing anything differently if not worse than the past

The poster you quoted already mentioned ignorant nincompoops like you, as if he saw tomorrow.
Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 06, 2020
Islie:

Anywhere there is insider abuse/fraud in this administration, you must find this Malami dude there, pulling the strings and robbing Nigeria blind. Dude has made a ton of money as a fifth-columnist instigating all manner of shady breach-of-contract litigations and settlements under the watch of our ten-minute zombie president.
Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by frog12: 3:53pm On Mar 06, 2020
malami, malami, malami. how manu times i call u you dey sell the govt.

Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by Susu888(m): 4:23pm On Mar 06, 2020
seunmsg:
$200m for what? This is a very curious deal considering the fact that they demanded a leaser sum of $80m as compensation during the Fashola era which was even considered as high. It is really curious to see the new minister quickly signing away $200m as compensation. I hope we won’t be having another Malabu gate kind of scandal on our hands in some years to come.

I thought no one else noticed that sh*t. I dey fear that malami guy.... that 200$ mil is to be shared by the two ministers,the female from the presidency and the complainants(Sunrise Corps).

Ain't no doubt about it.... its another fucking malabu! Just like the numerous malabu's that have been and still keep going unnoticed!

For whatever share i have in naija as a Nigerian, i will never forgive even 1 kobo.. they must vomit it on judgment day.

See the way people are chopping money like its rice shocked.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by Moikiitos: 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2020
Islie:

Only in Nigeria, foreign companies in collaboration with default Nigerians will take elaborate projects, sign the contract...and end up doing nothing. In return still path ways with large chunk of money from us :/! Yeye dey smell...in Naija!

1 Like

Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by deleo16(m): 4:49pm On Mar 06, 2020
solmus:
shocked

This is the stupidiest Minister of Power ever, the fool just made PDP $200 million richer, this pvssy minister also wants to pay off Distribution company billions in dollar as settlement, this same DISCOS that neither provide meters or transformer but simply extort us customers due to foolish contract drunk Jonathan signed

This is why Davido's father buys new Private Jets like its a toy, because before building his powerplant, he signed a juicy deal with PDP that even when he isn't generating power he is getting paid and getting government subvention

waoo
Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by frog12: 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2020
the same scam wey give P&ID 9.6 billion dollars . dey dey suck nigeria dry !!!!
Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 06, 2020
Sirjamo:

Is it only me noticing that Obasanjo is the cause of 99.9% of the country's problem today?

Mambilla - Obasanjo

emergence of Boko haram and Sharia militancy - Obasanjo

Malabu $1trillion scandal- Obasanjo

Loss of Nigeria territory Bakassi - Obasanjo

Criminally over-inflate salaries of lawmakers and officials - Obasanjo.

Loss of national carrier - Obasanjo

Niger Delta militancy - Obasanjo

Emergence MASSOB - Obasanjo.

Adjekota steel plant agreement - Obasanjo

Fuel subsidy scandal - Obasanjo

Bastardisation of elections and judiciary - Obasanjo.

Political assassinations and do or die politics - Obasanjo.

Beats me why this criminal is not in jail!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by bigtt76(f): 5:41pm On Mar 06, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy I taya sef!

Emu4life:
On top light wey we no get
Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by ChiefSweetus: 6:42pm On Mar 06, 2020
Afromentalist:
This is another strategy these politicians use to enrich themselves. They breach contract voluntarily so that by the time an out of court settlement is found they enrich themselves legally off the sweat of the people.

Quite clever I must say.

The African Mentalist.
No repercussions, that's why.
Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 06, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

?

Different case but the same format.

Yahoo-yahoo government
Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by Sirjamo: 6:49pm On Mar 06, 2020
GenBuhari:

Is it only me noticing that Obasanjo is the cause of 99.9% of the country's problem today?

Mambilla - Obasanjo

emergence of Boko haram and Sharia militancy - Obasanjo

Malabu $1trillion scandal- Obasanjo

Loss of Nigeria territory Bakassi - Obasanjo

Criminally over-inflate salaries of lawmakers and officials - Obasanjo.

Loss of national carrier - Obasanjo

Niger Delta militancy - Obasanjo

Emergence MASSOB - Obasanjo.

Adjekota steel plant agreement - Obasanjo

Fuel subsidy scandal - Obasanjo

Bastardisation of elections and judiciary - Obasanjo.

Political assassinations and do or die politics - Obasanjo.

Beats me why this criminal is not in jail!
I am telling you my brother. The same Obasanjo now claims to have solutions to all our problems, writing useless letters up n down!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by Caseless: 9:00pm On Mar 06, 2020

“The logical conclusion in the circumstances should be that there was no valid contract between Federal Government of Nigeria and SPTC in respect of the project or at all,” Malami wrote.

Fashola refused to pay 90m in view of the above argument. How come mallami is still the one here supporting payment of 200m - at some point, he supported that the said company should be re-enlisted among the new ones assigned to the project and later backtracked.

Mallami has gotten his share of this deal. There's one repatriation to Nigeria he almost blocked before the president overruled him. Too bad...

1 Like

Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by Cherez: 9:53pm On Mar 06, 2020
seunmsg:

Guy, see how you gave reasons for PMB and called OBJ's dubious.
I'd like to give you this point; OBJ got loan pardons for debt by past gifts and built foreign reserve and a strong economy. Today, the Mr. Saint isn't being dubious but removed Fashola (a SAN) who insists there was no breach and installed someone whom agrees to pay a whooping $200m in less than a year of resuming office. And this didn't sound dubious to you?
All the loans with nothing to show for it?
Tell yourself the truth bro, are you not feeling the effect of the tax raise? I personally pay over N100k tax monthly now and this is just to repay debts that some idiots looted I the form of loan.
Upon all the monies realised by custom on almost doubling importation tax, JAMB revenues, better tax collection systems, etc.
Imagine after TSA, NNPC still has unaccounted monies as in the past administration.
Honestly, this govt is a huge disgrace
Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by fyneguy: 11:19pm On Mar 06, 2020
GamalNasser:

Shut up there was nothing shoddy about that contract !!!!! Its the Nigerian govt starting from Buhari in the 80s that refused to service the contract and now instead of working with the original contractor he will rather pay a breach fee of 200 million dollars so he can work with the Chinese

Make sure you understand the crux of the matter before commenting. Did Sunrise raise funds for the Project over the years? Why would Buhari not work with the Chinese when they would provide the funds? Be reasonable!
Re: FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute by odinga1of: 11:54pm On Mar 06, 2020
Ehiscotch:
It's just sad that some ignorant persons will still read only the headline of the story, attack the FG with silly comments — even worse are the ones who would read and still say crap.

TBH, the past administration really did a lot of disservice to this country with shoddy contracts, especially in the power sector.

Did the past administration pass bill to send Boko Haram boys to Europe for training?

Oga go sit down

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okwuosa Only Reason We 'll Support APC - Anambra Monarchs (photos) / Why I Won't Congratulate Oshiomhole - Airhivbere / Child Marriage - Children Threaten Hunger Strike Over Senate’s Resolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.