Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,916 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Crucified Unto Me By Watchman Nee (love Not The World) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crucified Unto Me By Watchman Nee (love Not The World) (252 Views)

Koinonia 1st Message 2024: Download Be It Unto Me By Apostle Joshua Selman / Men Of Faith- Biography Of Watchman Nee / Watchman Nee Books At Affordable Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crucified Unto Me By Watchman Nee (love Not The World) by ochibuogwu5: 5:10pm On Mar 06, 2020
Excerpt:
*Love Not the World* by *Watchman Nee*

Topic: Crucified Unto Me (chapter 4)

The author leads us into *separation* from the principles of worldly/sinful lifestyle as the bases/foundation of a genuine Christian.
We do not get separated from the world by *not using created things* like money, clothes, cars, accessories, business, education, professions, talents, sports e.t.c rather having an understanding that *the world system is under the sentence of death* (John 12:30-34).

The world has been sentenced for destruction by God hence we should not be *investing into a business that we know its end is collapse*

The difference between a separated human being unto Christ is the *revelation of the ministry/service/purpose of the Cross* in our individual lives not just *mere understanding*. Understanding and head knowledge of the Cross as well as the holy bible or Christian religion does not bring *separation unto Christ Jesus Crucified* rather the revelation that comes from Heaven. It is through this revelation that any human being born inside this world *originates from heaven*. It is only those who *originate from heaven that will hold fast to the grace of the Cross till the end and be able to return back to their origin at the end of this earthly journey*.

The author declares "A revelation of the Cross of Christ involves for us the discovery of this fact, that through it everything belonging to the world is under sentence of death. We still go on living in the world and using the things of the world, but we can build no future with them, for the Cross has shattered all our hope in them. The Cross of our Lord Jesus, we may truly say, has ruined our prospects in the world; we have nothing to live for there."
This is the *only type of revelation* that can *completely save us from worldly lifestyle*.

Going further the author stated thus "But we inevitably lose all interest in the world, and it loses its grip on us, as soon as it dawns upon us *that the world is doomed*. To see that *is to be automatically severed/separated from Satan's entire economy.*"
At the end of his letter to the Galatians Paul states this very clearly. "Far be it from me to glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world hath been crucified unto me, and I unto the world" (6:14).

In conclusion; Let me ask you: What is your occupation? A merchant? A doctor? A student? Do not run away from these callings. Simply write down: Trade is under the sentence of death. Write: Medicine is under the sentence of death. Education is under the sentence of death. If you do that in truth, life will be changed for you hereafter. In the midst of a world under judgment for its hostility towards God you will know what it is to live as one who truly loves and fears HIM.

Great Grace Brethren!!!

In the Name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. +. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Crucified Unto Me By Watchman Nee (love Not The World) by ochibuogwu5: 5:54pm On Mar 06, 2020
[ Song of Praise for God’s Favor ] O Lord, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will praise and give thanks to Your name; For You have done miraculous things, Plans formed long, long ago, [fulfilled] with perfect faithfulness. (ISAIAH 25:1 AMP)

(1) (Reply)

Be Part Of This Love Welfare Outreach / Don't Fear Fake Prophets / How Come Your Prophets Didn't Warn You About 2020?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.