Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. (70158 Views)

Present Condition Of Port Harcourt Zoo: Pictures & Video / A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by NaijaOlosho(f): 1:16pm On Mar 07, 2020
hopexter:

That's the problem with you Nigerians, once my opinion doesn't align with yours, I become a zombie. That shows how immature you are. lipsrsealed

You have always been a zombie before now cheesy
Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by uchelouis45(m): 1:18pm On Mar 07, 2020
Aidejay:
Maintenance culture = 0
Borrowing culture= 22 billion
lol. cheesy
Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by oshoke4real: 1:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
I got annoyed when my w4 techno blew up as I intend charging via d USB port...it's even more annoying as we were 2 that had same problems and I could not use same phone again as d motherboard got damage.

3 Likes

Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by vezycash(m): 1:33pm On Mar 07, 2020
spinna:
The way they screamed cursed and shouted when okada was banned but everybody quietly enjoys this now. It was a pleasant surprise boarding this from Berger to Ikeja last time i was in Lag

Abegi. I took it from ikeja to Berger long before the ban. Others too. The same people who didn't take it then won't take it now.

It's still slower than normal bus.
Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by AfroKnight: 1:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
spinna:
The way they screamed cursed and shouted when okada was banned but everybody quietly enjoys this now. It was a pleasant surprise boarding this from Berger to Ikeja last time i was in Lag

If you lived in Lagos you wouldn’t say this nonsense.

Traffic is much slower than before. Those who wait on the island till late before heading home are no longer using that strategy cos it doesn’t work anymore. From 4pm to 10pm it’s traffic galore in VI.

People trek more because they have no choice. Google map is always red. Exhausting.

Those days when one could get to about 3 different locations in Lagos all on the same day are gone. Now you have to space your movements and choose which appointments are really important.

Just when you think you know one shortcut you’d find other “smart” drivers like you stuck in front of you.

4 Likes

Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by abeggnow: 1:49pm On Mar 07, 2020
H
Aidejay:
Maintenance culture = 0
Have u ever sat down to think how we think in this country??didn't u get a headache after thinking??
Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by Solidtruth(m): 2:32pm On Mar 07, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
Nice

check back in 6months time you will be shocked.

no be Nigeria??
Those buses have been in operation before ambode left office which is well over 6 months.
Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by Solidtruth(m): 2:37pm On Mar 07, 2020
AfroKnight:

If you lived in Lagos you wouldn’t say this nonsense.

Traffic is much slower than before. Those who wait on the island till late before heading home are no longer using that strategy cos it doesn’t work anymore. From 4pm to 10pm it’s traffic galore in VI.

People trek more because they have no choice. Google map is always red. Exhausting.

Those days when one could get to about 3 different locations in Lagos all on the same day are gone. Now you have to space your movements and choose which appointments are really important.

Just when you think you know one shortcut you’d find other “smart” drivers like you stuck in front of you.
Well said, it's funny how non lagosians jump on threads and topics they know absolutely nothing about to comment. You said it all

2 Likes

Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by peculiar32(f): 2:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
it is not New na. it has been in Lagos for a while and they still pack people inside like sardine. these buses don't use the same lane with brt which is not cool plus they are not enough to convey people
Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by tayoccu(m): 2:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
spinna:

Erm these buses have been running before Governor Babajide “pointus” Sanwo-Olu came to power.
Another thing is they run on select routes
Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by AfroKnight: 2:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
Solidtruth:

Well said, it's funny how non lagosians jump on threads and topics they know absolutely nothing about to comment. You said it all

Don’t mind them. They are always the first to make comments about Lagos.
Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by Abagworo(m): 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2020
Aidejay:
Maintenance culture = 0

Summary of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by chosenwan1(m): 3:03pm On Mar 07, 2020
I realized something yesterday, most Nigerians don't even understand what is RIGHT from WRONG. Just in a low state as humans and some are even lower.

This chap was eating his gala and drinking his chilled beverage.(with this heat, we all need refreshment)

He then threw the wraps on the bus.(As a trouble maker that I am I asked him why he did that)

He responded by saying "what is he supposed to do?" (Sarcasm imbibed)

I said put it in your bag and take it home, he replied with "does that make sense?"

To him what he did was right and then it hit me!

Maybe this is what this politicians think, it is ok to embezzle funds beside some erats are in support.

God help us all

2 Likes

Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by LSJO(m): 3:14pm On Mar 07, 2020
Mosquitoes are just too many in these buses joor
Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by ninocia18(m): 3:18pm On Mar 07, 2020
coolh3ad:

Do you live in Lagos?

I don't need to live in Lagos to know how prone to lying Nigerian media houses are and how gullible Nigerians are.
Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by Tedpgrass: 3:25pm On Mar 07, 2020
PropaMan:
i like this development, that way most of the money on transport goes back to the government, They can also make bus cards for people to top up and discounted cards for secondary school students, it makes more sense even more because most people on BRT drop at the same place.

Another thing that needs to be improved on is the geographic information systems, When on the buses in Europe every stop has a name, the BRT show be able to have this information which can also be used in the cost of transportation.

Agree with the above.

Found it to be very comfortable and quite well-priced. (#privjetfrmBRT)

To generate more revenue, should there be options of more pick-up points at pivotal areas on the route..
People could have prepaid tickets which can be validated (torn) to present on boarding.. Obviate the need for ticket-vendors..

Good point is Lekki roundabout 1/2 on the way to Ajah or Law School from Ajah to any of the main destinations.

Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by trutht828: 3:26pm On Mar 07, 2020
Olusholar24:

Thats Nigerians in general for you. We have just rewired ourselves that way. We build only on mistakes and never seem to praise the good works.

So, those who lost their means of livelihood as okada riders, what happens to them?
Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by wasi9ice: 3:31pm On Mar 07, 2020
neonly:
At least is better than dat useless primero blue bus day park people like sardines
D only thing dat is saving them is the monopoly they enjoy on d brt lane
Lack of maintenance will still make them soon look like the so called Primero blue bus
Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by Dollabiz: 3:41pm On Mar 07, 2020
I don’t wait for cheap things I see a lot of people standing and waiting for hours for a lagos bus when smaller ones are going empty. If I don’t drive I take the smaller buses

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by Sirmikky1(m): 3:47pm On Mar 07, 2020
spinna:

These buses have been around before the ban on okada & napep. Some are just being taken from some routes and deployed to others.

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by coolh3ad(m): 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2020
ninocia18:

I don't need to live in Lagos to know how prone to lying Nigerian media houses are and how gullible Nigerians are.

I have boarded the bus countless times Uncle. This one is not a lie. Thank you
Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by kumulus(m): 3:57pm On Mar 07, 2020
Everyone shouting maintenance this and that but they are failing to also state the fact that it's the users who ruin and abuse things. I'm pretty sure we all know it's not the stewards or drivers who would rip the seats, deface the body, thrash the floors and commit all sort of foolishness on the buses rather than be civil and use things like human beings. Small time now they'll start blaming the government and administrators for the damages they themselves have done.

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by Brunicekid(m): 3:58pm On Mar 07, 2020
spinna:
Who told you that "everybody" now enjoys BRT in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by kumulus(m): 3:59pm On Mar 07, 2020
wasi9ice:
Lack of maintenance will still make them soon look like the so called Primero blue bus

Non-stop abuse and misuse, not maintenance...

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by mamaafrik(m): 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
We don't know why Iyanapaja-yaba,iyanapja-oshodi,abule egba-oshodi is not available,alimosho LGA is the biggest and the people plying those routes are massive ,if iyanapaja-ikeja can be considered why not others
Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by Biodun556(m): 6:25pm On Mar 07, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
Nice

check back in 6months time you will be shocked.

no be Nigeria??

the first set of brt bus that use dedicated brt lane are still in existence for years in good condition with AC.

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by Olusholar24(m): 8:17pm On Mar 07, 2020
semyman:
Leave this assignment first and get yourself enrolled in a brighter grammar English Language classes
Thank me later

Lol
Re: Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. by TommyAnthem(m): 8:31pm On Mar 07, 2020
We need double decker buses in Lagos, those using it in other cities of the world are not from outer space, I don't see anything wrong about them, rather I see the advantages of high seating capacity for passengers within a limited space, occupy less road per seated passenger, with its introduction I foresee a drastic ease of transportation within Lagos metropolis.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Real Story About The Nigerian Woman Deported From Germany With Her 3 Kids / COVID-19: What Economy Class Could Look Like After Virus / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.