Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! (8480 Views)

What's The Best Phone You've Ever Used Or You're Currently Using? / Huawei P30 Pro Won The Best Smartphone 2019 Award / Any 4g LTE Smartphone I Can Get For 30k? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by foolbuster: 1:56pm On Mar 07, 2020
seanwilliam:
AS OF NOW, no phone is comparable to it

On paper.
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by lanre316: 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
Depriest2020:
In 3yrs time it will become old model

Okay, but between now and the next three years, the phone rocks. And that's the main point.
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by lanre316: 2:32pm On Mar 07, 2020
StrikeBack:
This is not about bitterness.

Three years from now, this phone would be outdated.

So are the clothes you're wearing today. Does that mean you would not buy good clothes today if you can afford them?

4 Likes

Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by seanwilliam(m): 3:32pm On Mar 07, 2020
foolbuster:

On paper.
counter with fact
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by drjprince: 3:40pm On Mar 07, 2020
seanwilliam:
counter with fact
are you planning on upgrading grin
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by seanwilliam(m): 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2020
drjprince:
are you planning on upgrading grin
grin yes na
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by Tallesty1(m): 6:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
seanwilliam:
AS OF NOW, no phone is comparable to it
I watched a test video of Xiaomi Mi 10 pro and this phone and Mi 10 pro beat it flawlessly.

Total score was Mi 10 pro 13:7 S20 Ultra
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by jaxxy(m): 8:17pm On Mar 07, 2020
Ok nice fone and impressive features especially the camera and zoom effects bt not my thing cos of the front camera dot and probably the quad camera design which makes it look too bulky and screen is too damn large.
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by richdavid5(m): 11:20pm On Mar 07, 2020
shogsman:

Which one is packet again, and how do you sell a new 11pro max at 300k ,I smell scam

Place your order first and see whether you smell scam or not..!!
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by Jake420: 8:52am On Mar 08, 2020
drjprince:
I will pick mi 10 over the s20
Mi 10 camera isn't as good as this,doesn't have 120hz,lower battery life, no water resistance and so much more kudos on sd865 everywhere sha but I'd rather buy a s20 base than a 860$ xiaomi phone without any protection.
The find x2 is a better buy compared to mi 10 but still inferior to s20 in paper and no qi charging self you xiaomi fanboys just full nairaland I used to understand cause it's cheap but now the mi 10 pro for 860$ top version can't be compared to base s20 with resistance, 120hz and SD card slot in Nigeria the s20 is cheaper than mi 10 and it wins

5 Likes

Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by Jake420: 8:54am On Mar 08, 2020
Tallesty1:
I watched a test video of Xiaomi Mi 10 pro and this phone and Mi 10 pro beat it flawlessly.

Total score was Mi 10 pro 13:7 S20 Ultra
Is this speed comparison or what?
How will the 90hz beat the 120hz that loads faster?
Was auto-rotate on the s20 so many factors please link below I'll even check the comments

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by Tallesty1(m): 8:59am On Mar 08, 2020
Jake420:

Is this speed comparison or what?
How will the 90hz beat the 120hz that loads faster?
Was auto-rotate on the s20 so many factors please link below I'll even check the comments
LOAD and REFRESH are not the same sir.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by Jake420: 9:02am On Mar 08, 2020
Tallesty1:
LOAD and REFRESH are not the same sir.
Oh this I know very well my child but the point still stands I've seen tests of the s20 ultra beating the mi 10 pro in 90hz mode when using 120hz mode so I suggest watching another video not just one (what I do) and also posting your link here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by Ola17: 9:03am On Mar 08, 2020
shogsman:

Which one is packet again, and how do you sell a new 11pro max at 300k ,I smell scam

A very dirty scammer.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by Tallesty1(m): 10:07am On Mar 08, 2020
Jake420:

Oh this I know very well my child but the point still stands I've seen tests of the s20 ultra beating the mi 10 pro in 90hz mode when using 120hz mode so I suggest watching another video not just one (what I do) and also posting your link here
Point of correction guy, I am not your child age-wise, maturity or experience.

Now back to the topic.

Why are you talking about refresh rate like it really really matters?

How exactly does refresh rate mean better performance in day to day use?

For what it may worth, refresh rate in phones and other gadgets simply refers to how many times the screen refreshes in a second.

This is usually very difficult for human eye to catch it easily so why is it so important to you?

High refresh rates comes handy while watching videos and playing video games because content usually changes very rapidly on the display and it is useful only when the fps is high, for instance, video games outputting at 120fps will be better on a display with 120hz when compared to 90hz. Playing the same game on a 60Hz screen might produce a nasty effect. Savvy?

Now here's the catch, video games are usually locked to 30fps or 60fps which means 90hz display is more than enough for now.

When you pit high end smartphones that are running on the same chip, same OS version and same amount of ram, you test the app load speed, multi-tasking, ram management etc not refresh rate.

Touting 120hz display as if it is the best thing that ever featured in a smartphone is just a marketing strategy. It's not that important for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khGlgaCHutA

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by bigiyaro(m): 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2020
StrikeBack:
3 years from now, phone go dey very useless.

e no go reach 3 years sef.
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by Jake420: 12:53pm On Mar 09, 2020
Tallesty1:
Point of correction guy, I am not your child age-wise, maturity or experience.

Now back to the topic.

Why are you talking about refresh rate like it really really matters?

How exactly does refresh rate mean better performance in day to day use?

For what it may worth, refresh rate in phones and other gadgets simply refers to how many times the screen refreshes in a second.

This is usually very difficult for human eye to catch it easily so why is it so important to you?

High refresh rates comes handy while watching videos and playing video games because content usually changes very rapidly on the display and it is useful only when the fps is high, for instance, video games outputting at 120fps will be better on a display with 120hz when compared to 90hz. Playing the same game on a 60Hz screen might produce a nasty effect. Savvy?

Now here's the catch, video games are usually locked to 30fps or 60fps which means 90hz display is more than enough for now.

When you pit high end smartphones that are running on the same chip, same OS version and same amount of ram, you test the app load speed, multi-tasking, ram management etc not refresh rate.

Touting 120hz display as if it is the best thing that ever featured in a smartphone is just a marketing strategy. It's not that important for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khGlgaCHutA
Actually 120hz has more use and more versatile than 90hz even subway surfers can play in 120fps mode and its been this way since the Razer PHONE now here's my speed test result IMO speed tests are useless cause why would one phone opening an app 0.5 second faster matter?when in real world usage both are extremely fast what matters more is camera performance which actually affects real world usage but here's the s20u beating xiaomi in both.

4 Likes

Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by cotzywitzy(m): 1:26pm On Apr 25, 2020
TrollKiller:
You have an s20 and all you do is to play need for speed?
You have literally insulted that phone
What happened to pubg or codm?

Guess you didn’t read the write up
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by DesignAssasin(m): 3:03pm On Apr 25, 2020
StrikeBack:

Bro, you can't say that. Take samsung Note 8 for instance, it came out 3 years ago and till date, it's still one of the best phone with amazing display and performance. even some of today's phone can't compete with it. If you don't believe me, just check Google for comparison.

My piece.
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by Jeffy1206(m): 3:10pm On Apr 25, 2020
Upon the plenty ram, just opening 30 apps and u are left with 2gig ram only? undecided
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by missfrancess(f): 3:10pm On Aug 03, 2020
Jeffy1206:
Upon the plenty ram, just opening 30 apps and u are left with 2gig ram only? undecided
for which phone??
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by Flytime: 5:06pm On Aug 03, 2020
StrikeBack:
3 years from now, phone go dey very useless.

wrong
You do know people are still using the s6

3 Likes

Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by sunshineV(f): 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2020
StrikeBack:

its bitterness. S20 ultra issa 5G phone. It'll matter after 5 years

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by StrikeBack(m): 9:12pm On Aug 03, 2020
Y
sunshineV:
its bitterness. S20 ultra issa 5G phone. It'll matter after 5 years
Funny enough I bought this phone last week. Damn!!!!! The Phone is MAD
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by ChiefZaddy: 1:41am On Aug 04, 2020
StrikeBack:
YFunny enough I bought this phone last week. Damn!!!!! The Phone is MAD
Do a review let's see
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by VerifiedStalin: 11:27am On Aug 04, 2020
drjprince:
laughs in mi10 and oppo find X2 pro grin

They are comparable to S20, but S20 Ultra is better.
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by VerifiedStalin: 11:30am On Aug 04, 2020
drjprince:
I will pick mi 10 over the s20

Bro, really

Mi 10 is not only inferior to Galaxy S20 spec wise, it's also costlier.

You must be a xiaomi fanboy.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by VerifiedStalin: 11:38am On Aug 04, 2020
Jake420:

Actually 120hz has more use and more versatile than 90hz even subway surfers can play in 120fps mode and its been this way since the Razer PHONE now here's my speed test result IMO speed tests are useless cause why would one phone opening an app 0.5 second faster matter?when in real world usage both are extremely fast what matters more is camera performance which actually affects real world usage but here's the s20u beating xiaomi in both.

Damn, Ultra is a beast.
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by liveyourlife007(m): 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2020
michlins:
in two weeks time, you might be dead sef.
You people should pack your negativity elsewhere.
mad o
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by oilmaney: 8:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
I have this phone and using a punkcase on it and it's awesome

Re: Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! by zinaunreal(m): 8:39pm On Oct 01, 2020
Android na still Android

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airtel E173u-2 Unlock / Fifa 16 For Android (ultimate Team) / Glo Unlimited Free Browsing Cheat Via Thunder VPN For August 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.