Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Akunyili Resignation ; A Bad Omen For Jonathan ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Resignation ; A Bad Omen For Jonathan ? (626 Views)

Buhari: Bad Omen For Fayose (read, It Is Instructive) / Lagos APC Sees Implosion Of PDP As Good Omen For Nigeria. / NGF Election: Rejection Of Results Bad Omen For 2015 – ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akunyili Resignation ; A Bad Omen For Jonathan ? by Gbawe: 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2010
I think Akunyili has seen that the ship is sinking . Like her or not , there is something about Akunyili that screams "woman of history".

http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/ubochi/122010.html

THE RESIGNATION OF DORA AKUNYILI:
                               A BAD OMEN FOR PRESIDENT JONATHAN

Dora, the Amazon, is a deft and calculative political actress/gambler who never losses her bet. As she had decided to leave this government and PDP, there's the likelihood that the president may not actualise his 2011 dream. Who knows?

Sunday Njokede wrote: "The speculation making the rounds that Dora Akunyili is resigning her post as Information minister from Jonathan Goodluck's regime has reawakened old déjà vu that surrounded eleventh hour of torpedoing late President Yar'Adua's regime. She calculated that that regime was falling down like the Berlin Wall. Dora blew the whistle and finito, the regime went under asunder.

The end of Jonathan's regime! Dora is now a kind of omen or oracle in the Nigeria political space. That, whether she's blowing whistle on any government in Nigeria or wanting out, that administration is doomed beyond repair, haven raced itself to a daunting point of no return. I wish to replace the old wisecrack 'pride goeth before the fall' with Dora goeth before the fall of any government she serves. The Information minister is a government killer or murderer: her ousting any government she once served or putting a spell on that administration is the signifier effect that that administration is in a funeral mood waiting the undertake to say it bygones to the hereafter.

Jonathan's regime is on its last lifeline of life-support - as such, clever pundits and politicians should be wake-keeping and eulogising it ahead of May 29, 2011. Most of the eulogies would read 'Jonathan's regime aided Farida Waziri's EFCC to aid corrupt.' Others would cashier him for mishandling the Siemens and Halliburton trials with the culprits booming about town. More would lampoon him for lying all the way via the 50 thousand dollars given to the Tunde Bakare SNG people; denying telling American envoy that he did not say he'd not candidate 2011 presidency. 'That was a regime that packed the greatest delegate to any function abroad' some would mourn after May 2011.

If the speculation about quitting this infamous regime is rife, that'd mean that Dora has seen the handwriting on the wall and prepared her personal eulogy ahead of time. She has some kind of prescience to know that a government has hit the rock big time and could no longer survive itself further. She knew the days of the administration of late President Yar'Adua was numbered and she made bold headline in Nigeria then to that effect. And the rest is now history as they say.

She's not just blowing the whistle this time around, she is screaming, that unique among the reasons she's slamming the door on this regime is that; Jonathan pressman Ima Niboro aka 'Deri' has taken over her job. When a bunch of lowlife human scum, pimps, love-peddlers, playboys and playgirls were unleashed upon a population of over 150 million citizens in 2007 by the usurper from Ota, the fatal end of that union would be an open book for mass prediction. Who'd not have thought that the end is nigh in the offing for such pre-emptive scheming of one-man dictatorship in a supposed democracy?

Every sensible upright thinking politician should be evacuating this capsizing wreck of statecraft before in finally sinks on May 29, 2011.Those who were too corrupt or greedy to leave the late Yar'Adua's regime when the ovation was loud enough, are today, in minority as most are running from pillar to post aimed at evading justice and the people's rage. I hear from CNN that former AGF Mike Aondokaa is now in India and wouldn't answer his phone to comment on the WikiLeaks Pfizer corruption scandal upon him. History, no doubt, will batter those who're bracing the odds supporting Jonathan Goodluck when they're suppose to speak out condemning him or better still, resigning from his regime as Dora is set to do. The ovation in this regime is now lowest that all self-respecting people should take a bow out.

The bunch of people who are marketing extant president not because he's marketable or a stand-up man - but for their self-seeking aggrandisements, would rue their actions when this regime is dead and buried by popular votes in 2011. They should just follow Dora's footsteps even though belated before PDP come crumbling on them like the Titanic. Suchlike Jonathan's regime that's corruption-happy and sleaze-gathering isn't what Nigerians look forward to, in the aftermath of 2010. Old things, as the Bible says, shall pass away. Woe betides anyone who pretends not to see the sky-high spendthrift of this regime which in turn churns the corruption that's choking the hell out of our total existence and commonwealth. I say shame to those who go home to have a good night sleep knowing that Jonathan Goodluck is aiding corruption in the EFCC.

Everyone should applaud Dora not minding whether she's hustling for her future political survival. My crystal ball tells me that the Information minister, Dora Akunyili, is preparing herself to serve in the next Buhari government come 2011. She once visited Buhari some time this year. We're fed up with corruption in higher places and institutionalised ideology that manufactures untouchable political sacred cows. An equalitarian government where everyone carries their cross and faces the music when they derail is the hope for Nigeria".

For this column, there's no doubt that Dora loves power and recognition; some may say that she's a selfish political person, but, one thing nobody can deny is that her "selfishness" is informed by her love for service (her trademark). She's an epitome of service as she loves to serve humanity and to make positive impact on people, but, how she goes about achieving these may not necessarily be so important to her (for her: the end justifies the means)
Re: Akunyili Resignation ; A Bad Omen For Jonathan ? by naso2(m): 1:02pm On Dec 21, 2010
Gbawe:

I think Akunyili has seen that the ship is sinking . Like her or not , there is something about Akunyili that screams "woman of history".

http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/ubochi/122010.html

Suddenly, yes just suddenly Dora is now Gbawe's amazon . why? simply because in trying to rubbish GEJ, it is easier to now project Dora positively.

Your anti-GEJ desperation here is getting very pathetic.

This woman insulted Gani Fawehinmi and all her supporters should bow their head in shame at this unforgivable gaffe that exposes how shallow and lacking in substance Akunyili really is. She is a deceitful empty barrel.

She may always have been corrupt and shallow. She probably did a good job of hiding her true character. Nobody with true integrity of character can become this undemocratic ,anti-people , and a fervent apologist of misrule to boot , in such a short space of time. We all saw Gani fight various Government , year in year out , in testimony to what true integrity is about. I think Akunyili's image is a carefully contrived fraud. You would never get the likes of Soyinka, Gani or Achebe accepting a job that entails laundering the image of a cruel, corrupt and callous Government hellbent on keeping it citizens in abject misery and poverty . This Government cannot/will not do anything right. Instead it is proving itself adept at destroying the little gains we have made . We are now the laughing stock of the World because of how grossly inept Yar Adua's Government is. A person of integrity will work to bring down such a Government rather than join it. It will not be difficult to defeat misrule if many of us , especially those with power and influence , choose to fight a tyrannical Government rather than join it.

I know you know the author of the lines above?
Re: Akunyili Resignation ; A Bad Omen For Jonathan ? by Gbawe: 1:39pm On Dec 21, 2010
na_so:

Suddenly, yes just suddenly Dora is now Gbawe's amazon . why? simply because in trying to rubbish GEJ, it is easier to now project Dora positively.

Man Mi, you are at it again with your misinterpretation. How can anything I wrote in this thread be construed as support for AKunyili? I still think she is an opportunist because jumping off sinking ships , at the earliest opportunity, is what savvy opportunist , with honed survival instincts, do.

When I say she is seeming like a "woman of history" I am not praising her at all. I am just noting her sense of self-preservation that keeps her politically relevant and may see her rise into a greater role in future. Did she not survive the cull of many "deadbeats" players in the last regime (eg Aondoakaa, Madueke, Ruma, Muthar et al) because of her proactive desertion of a doomed Presidency? Pointing out that she may be doing the same thing again does not make her "my Amazon". Far from it. She is acting like a classic AGIP (any Government in power) but me and you know that AGIP folks survive and thrive in Nigerian politics currently. Just ask Anenih !!!

Flattering that you dug up my previous writings in an attempt to indict me of double standard. Sadly , you have only wasted your own time.
Re: Akunyili Resignation ; A Bad Omen For Jonathan ? by aljharem(m): 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2010
i think it is actually a bad omen because, dora is considered "the best out of the worst" and losing her means there is something wrong with Mr GEJ cabinet

i just hope she is not playing tribal politics like some our northerners brothers are doing (ciroma) beacuse she could have moved to ACN or CPC and co why APGA undecided
Re: Akunyili Resignation ; A Bad Omen For Jonathan ? by Kobojunkie: 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-572132.0.html

Akunyili, while reacting to a reference to her as “a virgin politician” at Abagana, the headquarters of Njikoka Local Government Area of the state, explained that she had been playing politics at ward, local government, state and federal levels since 1992 and therefore could not be referred to as “a virgin politician.”

[size=13pt]“I am not a virgin politician. I have played politics at the ward, local government, state and federal levels since 1992. I admit that I am virgin in APGA. However, any politician who has not joined APGA is still a virgin. They should join the party of the future,” Akunyili stated.[/size]

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/

I don't think the PDP is shedding tears over this one! lol
Re: Akunyili Resignation ; A Bad Omen For Jonathan ? by mustafar1: 5:02pm On Dec 21, 2010
when did she politick at the ward and local govt level? this woman wey no know her ward women leader talk less of ward rep.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku’s Politics Of Entitlement (violence) / Plateau Can Tackles Sultan Over Explosions / Nigeria: Descent Into Anarchy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.