Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

My Father’s Name Opens Door For Me - Fuji Icon’s Daughter, Omodolapo Abikeokin - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Father’s Name Opens Door For Me - Fuji Icon’s Daughter, Omodolapo Abikeokin (339 Views)

Tribute To My Father...... By Adetunji Isaac. / Drivers Rush To Grab Free ₦63m In Cash After Armored Truck's Door Opened Georgia / Dead Snake Hanging On Man's Door In Anambra (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Father’s Name Opens Door For Me - Fuji Icon’s Daughter, Omodolapo Abikeokin by lexzygee(m): 7:55pm On Mar 07, 2020
Omodolapo Abikeokin, a fast-rising actress and daughter of legendary singer, Ayinla Kollington opens up to Allnews on her experience in showbiz and how her father’s personality has influenced her career...
READ MORE: https://allnews.ng/news/my-father-s-name-opens-door-for-me-fuji-icon-s-daughter-omodolapo-abikeokin

Re: My Father’s Name Opens Door For Me - Fuji Icon’s Daughter, Omodolapo Abikeokin by CanadaOrBust: 7:56pm On Mar 07, 2020
Here’s the rest of the article:

Omodolapo Abikeokin, a fast-rising actress and daughter of legendary singer, Ayinla Kollington opens up to Allnews on her experience in showbiz and how her father’s personality has influenced her career.

How did you get involved in acting?

I've had passion for acting as far back as my primary school days, when I partook in school dramas up till secondary school. But, I didn't go into the industry when I grew up based on what I was made to believe that I must be financially buoyant if I must make waves. This reason made me give up on acting for a while until when I was financially stable. I joined Nollywood without having any connection.

Now that you are in the industry, has finance been a barrier in any way?
Although, I have not started making much money, but I am hopeful as one who is determined to get to the top.

Do you think you could have done better in any particular role?

I always try to put in my best each time I am on set, but there are times I feel I have not done enough and need to put in more efforts. So many times, after playing a role, I tell myself that I can do much better in another.

Do you have anyone you look up to in the industry? What inspires you about him or her?

Lola Idije is someone I’ve always looked up to and that’s because of her perfect interpretation of roles.

Being a fast-rising actress, there must be challenges in showbiz, have you encountered any in the course of your career?

Ah! Of course, there are numerous challenges, although, there is really nothing I can do. Many a times, I say hello to some of my senior colleagues and I get snubbed, but when they hear few things about me, they change their attitudes towards me again. Some feel pompous because they are already at the top which is not a permanent space for anyone. They’re stars today and I’m pretty sure that I’ll be there tomorrow with strong passion and determination.

As a daughter of legendary singer Ayinla Kollington, how has it influenced your career?

The name opens doors for me o. So many times, while on locations, the name brings me much honour after being introduced as Kollington’s daughter. Many begin to treat me right when they hear that he is my father.

Do you ever think of featuring him in any of your movies?

I really wish to and I’m looking forward to featuring him in my upcoming projects. Although we once met on set of an advert. I received a call that I should come to a location, on getting there I met my father there and I was like wow, this producer actually wants me on same set with him. It was really fun.

How do you improve on your skill?

I’m really trying my best, but I’m trying to work more with the English sector. Although I have been working together with them, but I wish to get more close to them.

What is the hardest part of being a screen goddess?

Ah, there are so many things. Then I could do many things and get away with them. Before now, I could stop by at a road side canteen and eat, but now I am mindful of my activities. Let me share an experience, there was a time my vehicle developed a fault and I decided to board a commercial bus since I had an appointment. Despite the fact that I had my shades on, the conductor recognized me and said “aunty this is you, nawa o”. Now, I have to be cautious of what I do in public because of bloggers.

Have you ever been involved in social media dramas?

No o, it has never happened and I don’t wish that occurs because it’s not something good.

How many movies have you produced?

I have produced two, “Iyanu Oluwa” and “Awele” which I released in 2019. I have also featured in over 20 movies.

There have always been reports of sexual harassments in the industry, have you encountered any?

No, not at all.
Re: My Father’s Name Opens Door For Me - Fuji Icon’s Daughter, Omodolapo Abikeokin by okomile(f): 7:58pm On Mar 07, 2020
Keep praying for your daddy for his good works!

grin
Re: My Father’s Name Opens Door For Me - Fuji Icon’s Daughter, Omodolapo Abikeokin by accused(m): 8:29pm On Mar 07, 2020
I will not say very unfortunate but very very unfortunate cos really men and women we define our time line, not mum or dad. So sit up straight ur sit belt tight nd look up straight Cos do journey to Star dorm is rough. Daddy is waiting to applussq see u at different very
end
Re: My Father’s Name Opens Door For Me - Fuji Icon’s Daughter, Omodolapo Abikeokin by chatinent: 8:32pm On Mar 07, 2020
Good one.

(1) (Reply)

HRM Felix Enene Otuwarikpo Calls For More Engagement From Subjects / Corona Virus - The Biggest Winners During The COVID-19 Virus Outbreak / Breathtaking Sceneries Of Africa's Lakes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.