Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Am I Going The Right Path - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am I Going The Right Path (281 Views)

I Don't Know Whether This Is The Right Path / Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! / I Need Help From A Professional Freelancer To Put Me On The Right Path (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Am I Going The Right Path by Kimzo: 9:51pm On Mar 07, 2020
Will make this short as much as I want to also give some details that might get useful when giving your honest advice...

I will be turning 26 this year,graduated from University in 2016, I went for my NYSC the same year and completed the compulsory one year national service...
I got back home, ilorin to be precise in November 2017, after which I left for Lagos in December to stay with my brother with the hope of starting my job hunt there as I can't take staying back in Ilorin, I felt I needed a change of environment..

Luckily January 2018, I got a teaching job at a secondary school, the salary wasn't big, 28k, but I still felt like it's better than just sitting at home doing nothing, I worked for around 6 months there because the school was always owing staffs, infact I left there with them still owing me salary for two months...

Sometimes around November 2018, I got another teaching job this time in a primary school, believe me I spent just a day at the work as I didn't go back the next day, because it was so tiresome dealing with kids, just so stressful, primary school teachers are really trying, those kids really frustrated my life.. I went on another job hunt and luckily this time around I got a Secondary school that same November, the pay wasn't as big as the first Secondary school I worked, 20k was the pay but I was lucky to be working as a home lesson tutor..But as Lagos is such a stressful and expensive city to live in, because you virtually need to pay for everything, my expenses were over my income and even before I get paid at the month end I already have debts I have to pay, then I thought I am never going to move forward with the job, I told my brother I will stop work and possibly change my environment as Lagos isn't really giving me what I want....

I have this Sister of mine who stays at Onitsha, she called me to come to her place as there is this hotel where she is the supervisor, she said I should come and work as a receptionist, I was so excited as I was moving to the Eastern part of the country at least I saw it as a chance for me to get to know that part of the country more...

I packed my luggage and moved to Onitsha in January, work was going on well at first, the pay was 20k, but this time as it is an hotel I get to see tips from some customers, even though I don't ask as the job etiquettes suggest, but then I was marvelled one particular day when the Director of the hotel slapped one of our gateman for something absolutely useless, I felt within me even though the guy did something bad I felt it wasn't worth slapping him, another scenario happened this time with the second gateman the man slapped him again,this time even ordered him to knee down, I was shocked....

Some few weeks ago he slapped a cleaner for dropping a plate he saw in a room he was cleaning just outside the room for the Cook to come and pick up as it's her duty, although he hasn't slapped me, but on countless occasions he has used some really demeaning words, even this even he still called me senseless just because he called and I told him I couldn't hear him very well as the network was bad....The insults have been coming in so much of late, even though when I tell my Sister she tells me not to think about it.... Thing is I know one day he might attempt to slap me, which will definitely won't go down well with me, I am going to resign and I just feel I don't really have that time on my side again, I think I am getting closer to the age where I really need to establish myself and be a man, settling here isn't really part of my plans....I just need advice and opinions from people who have been through this stage... please
Re: Am I Going The Right Path by yanabasee(m): 10:09pm On Mar 07, 2020
You need a skill to start with....

For you to be independent as a graduate... Venture into something, say,. business and then grow.. Don't think, just start and push up...

But, you need a capital, which you have to work for..
Re: Am I Going The Right Path by Kimzo: 10:27pm On Mar 07, 2020
yanabasee:
You need a skill to start with....

For you to be independent as a graduate... Venture into something, say,. business and then grow.. Don't think, just start and push up...

But, you need a capital, which you have to work for..
am actually working on my savings and hoping to start an egg production poultry or a boutique in the South West, those two seems to be the only business idea coming to my brain...

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Extra $500 A Month / Contact Me To Sell Your Bitcoins And Gift Cards(amazon,itunes,steam Cards,google / Baxi Mobile Pos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.