Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:28 AM

Can A 4.3 Cgpa Guarantee Me A Post Graduate Scholarship In Europe? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can A 4.3 Cgpa Guarantee Me A Post Graduate Scholarship In Europe? (930 Views)

University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China / Folafoluwa Oginni Graduates From Heterfordshire University With 5.0 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A 4.3 Cgpa Guarantee Me A Post Graduate Scholarship In Europe? by Trust2001(m): 5:53am On Mar 08, 2020
I've been hearing about people who got scholarships because they graduated with that range of cgpa. My cgpa after 200level is 4.25 and I'm studying computer science. I know I'll graduate with nothing less than 4.4. So should I be hopeful or not?
Re: Can A 4.3 Cgpa Guarantee Me A Post Graduate Scholarship In Europe? by dawnomike(m): 5:59am On Mar 08, 2020
No guarantees you a scholarship... But the CGPA will surely increase the likelihood of you getting a scholarship. Wishing you the best all the way!

1 Like

Re: Can A 4.3 Cgpa Guarantee Me A Post Graduate Scholarship In Europe? by Trust2001(m): 6:32am On Mar 08, 2020
dawnomike:
No guarantees you a scholarship... But the CGPA will surely increase the likelihood of you getting a scholarship. Wishing you the best all the way!
Thanks. You too.
Re: Can A 4.3 Cgpa Guarantee Me A Post Graduate Scholarship In Europe? by CXLVII: 6:50am On Mar 08, 2020
It's your money that will guarantee you.

Of a 3.0 is guaranteed with adequate funds.

You just need to be linked to the right school

1 Like

Re: Can A 4.3 Cgpa Guarantee Me A Post Graduate Scholarship In Europe? by Obinnau(m): 8:46am On Mar 08, 2020
Trust2001:
I've been hearing about people who got scholarships because they graduated with that range of cgpa. My cgpa after 200level is 4.25 and I'm studying computer science. I know I'll graduate with nothing less than 4.4. So should I be hopeful or not?
Hello op, focus on graduating first with a CGPA higher than 4.00, that's 80%
The truth is that scholarships ain't as easy as it was before. There are numerous persons with first class. And also sometimes the grass is not always greener in the other side too.
But to boost your chances
Try to graduate top of your class.
Make fiends with atleast 4 professors. Because you would need their help when you start applying to 100 schools and each would request for 2 recommendations. You will find out that coming back to ask for extra recommendation would only work if they truly really like you.
Fight to do your project research under a professor instead of a Mr or a Dr.
Do a very good project with a good chance of getting published. Being a published applicant boosts your chances even if you have 3.70 CGPA.
Identify a core niche you want to research in and develop a research thesis that you would use in asking professors outside for funding.
And above all, you what you're studying in your undergraduate years.
Best of luck

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A 4.3 Cgpa Guarantee Me A Post Graduate Scholarship In Europe? by mayprince(m): 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2020
lalasticlala

Seun
Mynd44

This is a fp post na
Re: Can A 4.3 Cgpa Guarantee Me A Post Graduate Scholarship In Europe? by Trust2001(m): 3:06pm On Mar 10, 2020
Obinnau:

Hello op, focus on graduating first with a CGPA higher than 4.00, that's 80%
The truth is that scholarships ain't as easy as it was before. There are numerous persons with first class. And also sometimes the grass is not always greener in the other side too.
But to boost your chances
Try to graduate top of your class.
Make fiends with atleast 4 professors. Because you would need their help when you start applying to 100 schools and each would request for 2 recommendations. You will find out that coming back to ask for extra recommendation would only work if they truly really like you.
Fight to do your project research under a professor instead of a Mr or a Dr.
Do a very good project with a good chance of getting published. Being a published applicant boosts your chances even if you have 3.70 CGPA.
Identify a core niche you want to research in and develop a research thesis that you would use in asking professors outside for funding.
And above all, you what you're studying in your undergraduate years.
Best of luck
Thanks a lot bro

1 Like

Re: Can A 4.3 Cgpa Guarantee Me A Post Graduate Scholarship In Europe? by Eberechi24(f): 8:38pm On Mar 16, 2020
Trust2001:

Thanks. You too.

Good evening Trust2001
Re: Can A 4.3 Cgpa Guarantee Me A Post Graduate Scholarship In Europe? by Trust2001(m): 3:52am On Mar 18, 2020
Eberechi24:

Good evening Trust2001
Sorry I'm just seeing this, good morning how may I help u

(1) (Reply)

Opay Is Bringing Freedom And Security To Everyone In Nigeria / Ondo State Release Resumption Date For Primary, Secondary And Universities / ASUU Strike: South-west Students Give Seven Days Ultimatum To FG, Threaten Mass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.