Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,654 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US (60067 Views)

HIV: My Narrow Escape From This Deadly Virus (Graphic Pics) / Coronavirus: Nadine Dorries Tests Positive For Deadly Virus / Coronavirus: Nigerian Who Returned After Week-Long Trip To France in isolation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 08, 2020
Incomplete info. When did he arrive in the US?
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by kristo123: 10:41am On Mar 08, 2020
Alot of Nigerians are in denial to the danger this virus pose.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by Topmaike007(m): 10:42am On Mar 08, 2020
etebefia:
Where did he get the virus, Nigeria or US?
na us oo
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by kalvoken(m): 10:42am On Mar 08, 2020
Emu4life:
Let him stay there. He's probably one of those idiots calling this country shithole

See how you made yourself look like idiot with this comment of yours. On Sunday morning.

Mad o.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by JoffreyBeroth(m): 10:43am On Mar 08, 2020
Emu4life:
Let him stay there. He's probably one of those idiots calling this country shithole

If he calls this country a shithole, would he be lying?

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by Rexnegro(m): 10:44am On Mar 08, 2020
David765:
Corona. Repeat after me. Go to Aso rock
so people in aso Rock dont come out of Aso rock ABI ?
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by 12345baba(m): 10:46am On Mar 08, 2020
He has used MacDonald to dilute hisnaija gene

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by mvem(m): 10:48am On Mar 08, 2020
Soulseeker01:
Yes oo, so true i went to a pharmacy to buy procold 3days ago becus i was havin this flu like headech, the attendant told me that the amount of flu related drugs they hav sold in the past 2 days is alarming despite the heat in Lagos, that he is realy scared
it has been noticed that some people don't show serious adverse effects except flu symptoms....and about 98% recover from the virus. So it is quite possible that there are carriers but having no symptoms (asymptomatic) or less symptoms. The virus is a flu virus. I feel it is actually over hyped. The average age of the deaths in Italy is 81 years. It kills mostly the very old, already sick or people with some conditions already like a weak lungs. With time the thing will be history

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by JoffreyBeroth(m): 10:48am On Mar 08, 2020
Come home and eat amala. The only cure is in Nigeria undecided

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by bigiyaro(m): 10:49am On Mar 08, 2020
mekaboy:
If they want to stop Nigerians from coming, they should tell us.
you been dey sleep? u no hear of Trump visa ban on Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by FnbAutos(m): 10:50am On Mar 08, 2020
From all the comment seen here, most of you are bunch of jokers... you never take this seriously.... why not ask questions instead Of making ignorant comments.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by rottennaija(m): 10:51am On Mar 08, 2020
mekaboy:
how else?
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by ogmask: 10:51am On Mar 08, 2020
iammo:
shocked

Fani Kayode would soon ask them for the name of the Nigerian or he doesn't believe the US

That one na proper na
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 08, 2020
Why is buhari not traveling as usual,most especially China ��
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by showafrica(m): 10:57am On Mar 08, 2020
4Play:
The virus could be running rampant in Nigeria but we don't know due to poor testing facilities.

Virus wey dey here since, wey dey cause sore throat, cough and catarrh, just lick orange and honey or garlic bitter cola after 4 days e go go by itself.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by baike: 10:59am On Mar 08, 2020
9ja no dey ever carry last,

Dem Don carry ther virus enter white man country cheesy
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by BigTimeNews: 11:02am On Mar 08, 2020
how to do JAMB reprint

This is to bring to notice of all registered of JAMB 2020 Examination that the Examination Re-print can now be done and how to do JAMB reprint

How to do Re-print

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by optimus106(m): 11:02am On Mar 08, 2020
Oga stay there o!!!

don't even send anything to this country.

that's if this news is anything to go by.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by Soulseeker01(m): 11:04am On Mar 08, 2020
That ine na for people wey no get gud money ir serious business with them, my cousin and his wife jst arrived there last week and they r stil there, visa ban na for hungry people wey wan leave naija migrate to ��
bigiyaro:
you been dey sleep? u no hear of Trump visa ban on Nigeria?
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by Olominira(m): 11:05am On Mar 08, 2020
mvem:
it has been noticed that some people don't show serious adverse effects except flu symptoms....and about 98% recover from the virus. So it is quite possible that there are carriers but having no symptoms (asymptomatic) or less symptoms. The virus is a flu virus. I feel it is actually over hyped. The average age of the deaths in Italy is 81 years. It kills mostly the very old, already sick or people with some conditions already like a weak lungs. With time the thing will be history
You have same mindset of that of American capitalists that believe it's just a flu, just to avoid panic because of their capital in the stocks. They simply place economy before lives. China Where it originated from shutdown everything to stop the spread but USA under rate everything until it goes out of hand. Keep saying it's ordinary Flu while lives keep wasting away
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by iamnicer: 11:06am On Mar 08, 2020
grin grin grin grin
mekaboy:
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by philip0906(m): 11:08am On Mar 08, 2020
Elxandre:

Honestly.
People could be using procold for it right now.
Of course it's not that fatal, so might be undetected.

It's difficult to test in a country where people will hardly go to any hospital for just 'flu'.
I tell you...lol
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by Ruggedniggaone: 11:08am On Mar 08, 2020
they should send him back to not Nigeria asap
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by philip0906(m): 11:12am On Mar 08, 2020
mvem:
Straight up!!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by Originalsly: 11:14am On Mar 08, 2020
supereagle:

Nigeria has the best testing labs in Africa. WHO confirmed it. If it is rampant in Nigeria, our hospitals would have been filled by now.

COV2019 is a different strain of Corona virus that was around since 2012....MERS corona virus. In the US.... as recent as last week... samples had to be sent to the CDC lab for testing. Only now the CDC has sent out kits to some States for them to do testing. Does having the best testing labs in Africa make the labs capable of testing for any virus that comes along?
Corona virus like other viruses causes a flu..... do we usually go to hospitals for flu? .... do we ever know what flu we contract?.... don't we usually self medicate and ride it out? So isn't it very possible that many have the COV2019 flu and don't even know?

@ topic..... I don't want to believe the report because for starters.... a visiting Nigerian would not go to a medical facility because of flu.... and worse... he may have to pay. The CDC itself was advising people who have symptoms to voluntarily quarantine themselves.... they were not advising people to go for testing. Then...as a Nigerian.... the authorities would've already rounded up his hosts.... and all who he contacted to test them for the virus.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 08, 2020
AjegunIe:
Maybe the US wants to test it on him since no African has died from the virus
my suspicions exactly. I always said I would only panic when I hear a black person catches this thing. Is it not ironic that the first reported case of an African herring infected is an African living in the US? Why not one of the millions here on the African mainland? Fishy.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by themes009(m): 11:18am On Mar 08, 2020
[/quote][quote]
I beg make he no come home for now cryI beg make he no come home for now
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by tempest01(m): 11:20am On Mar 08, 2020
AjegunIe:
Maybe the US wants to test it on him since no African has died from the virus

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this was on my mind while reading the news.

He doesn't have international travel and no contact links with any case ...how then did he get it?
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by just2endowed: 11:21am On Mar 08, 2020
4Play:
The virus could be running rampant in Nigeria but we don't know due to poor testing facilities.

Exactly my thought
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by ussy09(m): 11:25am On Mar 08, 2020
If truly he has Nigeria blood flowing in his vein then forget it corona virus abi toyota corona can do nothing to him

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by shogsman(m): 11:27am On Mar 08, 2020
Probably one of those idiots always ridiculing our country and shamelessly running to a white man's country in the hope that he'll be regarded as one of them,if he's one of those people he got what he deserve, if not I pray his body fight and resist the virus .
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 08, 2020
mekaboy:

Calm down, baba. You will go to that America, whether they like it or not.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Little Buhari To Undergo Another Joystick Surgery In UK / (video) Coronavirus Isolation Centre Akure Drill / 10 Health Benefits Of Unripe Plantain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.